1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am truly sorry to hear it. Yeah, my parents are elderly as well, so this virus is a bit scary. PM if you need anything.

Hey appreciate it, but I'm in a position to rebound. I do worry about people in far more dire straits than I am.

Back on-topic -- the more I look at this release the more impressed I am, but if you're a one-figure-per-character collector it's a tough choice. Love the look of the later armour but the visuals that stick with me the most are the Mandalorian on his silent walk through the desert canyons, floating crib beside him.

That was reminiscent of old-school, Heavy Metal type Sci-Fi visuals and his original armour is a great look for the 'used-universe'.

Same here with Mando. Of course I?d always loved Star Wars but Mando really turned it up a notch for me. Now I need them all lol.

It does make it difficult having family members that are high risk. My dad is getting up there in age, hit 70 last month. He has chronic COPD and bad asthma so he wouldn?t do well with this. Gotta make sure he?s never leaving his house. I also live in New Mexico where infections overall are pretty low compared to some places. Last I checked 495 cases spread throughout the state.

Yeah, and I've got older relatives who r stubborn *sigh*:(. East coaster - soon it'd be sassafras tea tonic time:cool::drink - except we're in lockdown, pretty much. Common sense tho IMO just do what medical pros say to do. Like, stay home.

Anyway gotta think a lot of collectors have ongoing projects or maybe can spend time cleaning/rearranging. LOL or maybe shopping online, if u are in a place to. Like, I was so happy with the 2-pack of Jawas I got in, took a look at the other set with the Jawa/Power Pack. But IMO that's kinda high for what u get - $267. If like me u gotta pick and choose, and the Jawas aren't a priority for me vs. the main characters.

Sideshow sent me a coupon and had some box coupons expire, 'coz none of 'em are anything I want that is HIGH on the list:gah:. SSC bein' evil:lol none of the Mando figures are eligible. Tho really these days the coupon just about covers shipping.

Back on-topic -- the more I look at this release the more impressed I am, but if you're a one-figure-per-character collector it's a tough choice. Love the look of the later armour but the visuals that stick with me the most are the Mandalorian on his silent walk through the desert canyons, floating crib beside him.

That was reminiscent of old-school, Heavy Metal type Sci-Fi visuals and his original armour is a great look for the 'used-universe'.

Yeah, and I like the battered, *working man* aesthetic of the original costume:love. A few of the visuals that stick with me most are the wounded Mando attempting to fix a wound with Baby silently watching, and the tiring walk with Baby after the Jawas trash the Razor Crest. For me (assuming I could fund) just can't see not having both. If I had only one, I'd want the other too.

That said, it's back to picking and choosing and waiting, except for most wanted. Anyway I figure might as well, with delays likely. Had some poly statues and a few ASMUS pushed back already. I figure all these companies use the same shipping companies (along with same factories) so might as well wait.

LOL wouldn't surprise me tho if HT, down the road, releases the "scorched" Beskar Mando with Baby in bag and a special display stand - maybe flight diorama. Then I WILL be arguing with myself and probably cave.:lol 'Coz it'd be a cheap version for HT to do $$$$

This IMO means that if we see him one bit before June 2021, we will be lucky. We all know how HT is. We just do.

*waits impatiently for Commander Cody... AND JANGO, DAMMIT WHERE IS JANGO*

Thing is they never used to be be like that. (Without considering Corona Virus) You used to be able to count the number of delayed figures on one hand.

It would be interesting to know what happened. Was it just Marvel and IW/EGame that messed them up. i.e commiting to more than they could handle, or factory workers moving to other jobs ? I can't imagine it's easy to find high quality painters etc.

This IMO means that if we see him one bit before June 2021, we will be lucky. We all know how HT is. We just do.

*waits impatiently for Commander Cody... AND JANGO, DAMMIT WHERE IS JANGO*

same, been waiting for Jango for quite a long time now....

Thing is they never used to be be like that. (Without considering Corona Virus) You used to be able to count the number of delayed figures on one hand.

It would be interesting to know what happened. Was it just Marvel and IW/EGame that messed them up. i.e commiting to more than they could handle, or factory workers moving to other jobs ? I can't imagine it's easy to find high quality painters etc.

ASMUS in the LOTR section has said the days of cheap Chinese labor are gone. I guess with the China economy boom, workers can demand more or move on. When it all shakes out suspect between the virus, shipping and production costs we can think of these Mando figs (Seasons 1 and 2) as a bargain.:cool:

ASMUS in the LOTR section has said the days of cheap Chinese labor are gone. I guess with the China economy boom, workers can demand more or move on. When it all shakes out suspect between the virus, shipping and production costs we can think of these Mando figs (Seasons 1 and 2) as a bargain.:cool:

Yes, although Chinese labour rates have been going up for the last 10 years. Our plant in China suffered even back then, however I believe turnover of workers is not so bad now as it was. However I guess every industry is different. It also explains the rapidly increasing prices of these figures over roughly the same timespan.

It is what it is I guess.

That date is the original suit Mando, not this deluxe version.

Having anything released early this year is welcome news though and gives hope we do not see many delays.

Hope the same happens for IG-11 too

Sideshow just sent out emails saying Mando will actually be releasing early. Now August - November 2020 window.

I would not be suprised if we still do not see it in the states until 2021. They have been running really late on a lot of stuff even before Covid.

Sideshow just sent out emails saying Mando will actually be releasing early. Now August - November 2020 window.

I got that too, and I will just say *I WILL BELIEVE THAT ONE WHEN I SEE IT*

Meanwhile Cody is still stuck on that slow freighter from the Core! And they are saying Mando's gonna be here in AUGUST. I'm not that gullible!!

[Agree with others that the problem here is HT's work force is way, way WAY overstretched with projects and hence the delays. Perhaps the thing with Mando is, they don't have to paint a face and that will be much easier to paint.]

We'll see what happens!

I got that too, and I will just say *I WILL BELIEVE THAT ONE WHEN I SEE IT*

Meanwhile Cody is still stuck on that slow freighter from the Core! And they are saying Mando's gonna be here in AUGUST. I'm not that gullible!!

[Agree with others that the problem here is HT's work force is way, way WAY overstretched with projects and hence the delays. Perhaps the thing with Mando is, they don't have to paint a face and that will be much easier to paint.]

We'll see what happens!

I'd believe it. They probably just got the images of Season 2 Mando outfit and need to get this OG version out the door to prevent having 3 versions on pre-order. Potentially too many cancellations for the original if there are 2 newer ones out there.

Even if S2 outfit is not much different, they'll be planning a headsculpt version or probably battle damage S2 version. So above still applies.

I think they'll milk Mando and the Child down to the bone as long as there's opportunity. So, we may even see different incarnations of the child.

Does anyone know if Sideshow limits quantities to its retail partners? This and some other HT have been pre-sold out at retailers but still available at Sideshow.

Does anyone know if Sideshow limits quantities to its retail partners? This and some other HT have been pre-sold out at retailers but still available at Sideshow.

Apparantly they do limit them. No one knows for sure how the contracts are laid out. i.e Whether the partners estimate how many they would like to begin with or if it is stipulated by SS.

Still it seems they can get secondary allotments.

Apparantly they do limit them. No one knows for sure how the contracts are laid out. i.e Whether the partners estimate how many they would like to begin with or if it is stipulated by SS.

Still it seems they can get secondary allotments.

Gotcha. Thanks!

Smaller operations for sure will run out, but places like BBTS will be sold out on something like this, then at release they'll have it in stock for months after. Happens with pretty much every HT release at BBTS.

I convinced myself the best way to weather the worldwide quarantine was a subscription to Disney+. I was never interested in the figures until I saw the show, now I am in for this deluxe set as well as IG-11. Awesome story and production design.

I convinced myself the best way to weather the worldwide quarantine was a subscription to Disney+. I was never interested in the figures until I saw the show, now I am in for this deluxe set as well as IG-11. Awesome story and production design.

So, that Disney+ subscription got a LOT more expensive! :)

Back