1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pedro might have broad shoulders but not this broad haha.

a8182df180a8385affbdc2c89597d8f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for finding a pic, I couldn't when I looked. The neck wrap/cape looks a bit bulky too. But yeah the whole costume to me looks huge on him there. Like if they try to emulated exactly as he looks here, which is the only full costume full body shot I can remember from the show, I think it would be off putting to a lot of people, especially to those who think the helmet is small on the body already haha.

Thanks for finding a pic, I couldn't when I looked. The neck wrap/cape looks a bit bulky too. But yeah the whole costume to me looks huge on him there. Like if they try to emulated exactly as he looks here, which is the only full costume full body shot I can remember from the show, I think it would be off putting to a lot of people, especially to those who think the helmet is small on the body already haha.

No exactly I think that will be a very difficult decision for HT to navigate. Do you want accuracy or aesthetics/proper proportions? And your damned if you do and damned if you don?t with collectors.
It will be very divisive and a lot of ppl really want that Pedro head sculpt. I personally have no interest.

I think they purposely bulked him up like this when he removed his helmet to give us the idea his armor was always supposed to be this large and imposing.

I think they purposely bulked him up like this when he removed his helmet to give us the idea his armor was always supposed to be this large and imposing.

I mean maybe but ppl were noticing how big the armour looked since the first episode of Season 2.
I think this is just the ways it?s looked all season.

I mean maybe but ppl were noticing how big the armour looked since the first episode of Season 2.
I think this is just the ways it?s looked all season.

Maybe, I mean look at him here. Granted his hands are bound in front of him but he doesn't look any bigger than the other two people. In the finale he looked like he couldn't turn to wipe his a$$ :rotflfc72b360-2493-11eb-8ed5-717fa5ab3218_800_420.jpeg-1.jpg

Maybe, I mean look at him here. Granted his hands are bound in front of him but he doesn't look any bigger than the other two people. In the finale he looked like he couldn't turn to wipe his a$$ :rotflView attachment 503058

I mean that photo is hard to tell. I?m not sure all three are even lined up side by side. And yes the hands together make it look smaller but I think that?s because the bulk is in the shoulder pads and the flight suit is tighter to the body. I don?t know. Right away in the first episode I said holy hell Mando hit the gym over the past year. But maybe I?m wrong your right or vice versa. Who knows. Not a big deal.
6bb960c141b746accb84caf49107f644.jpg

6fdffda201b7a3df8f009f2576415bd7.jpg

I've got nothing to add, except a couple photos of Pedro and the guys who body-double Mando for gunslinging and fight choreography.

unnamed.jpg

The-Mandalorian-Brendan-Wayne-and-Lateef-Crowder.jpg

Disney-Gallery_Lateef-Crowder.jpg

Seems to me the show just made the armour look like actual armour and not a superhero catsuit.

I've got nothing to add, except a couple photos of Pedro and the guys who body-double Mando for gunslinging and fight choreography

Seems to me the show just made the armour look like actual armour and not a superhero catsuit.

Filoni talked about the armor design - something about being more bulked than Boba. It was deliberate way of separating the characters along with some other design stuff. I think it was in the Season 1 Gallery- not sure now, could have been in an article I read.

Just know someone is gonna make a comment about Season 2 Boba having bulk now:monkey3

The slope of his shoulders definitely looks different when he's standing next to boba compared to the finale. Looks like they padded him up more.mandalorian2x07_0462.jpgScreenshot_20210105-200402_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Filoni talked about the armor design - something about being more bulked than Boba. It was deliberate way of separating the characters along with some other design stuff. I think it was in the Season 1 Gallery- not sure now, could have been in an article I read.

Just know someone is gonna make a comment about Season 2 Boba having bulk now:monkey3

I remember them talking (in Season 1 Gallery roundtable) about one of the first days of shooting where whoever it was in the Mando suit that day tried to sit down and couldn't do it because of how bulky it was.

I think we've probably just gotten so used to seeing him with the helmet on that a regular human head just looks totally off to us now. Lol

Plus I imagine their main goal was to make the proportions work with the helmet on, since that's the main way we see him. If he does start wearing it less like people expect, then I imagine they'll adjust the armor so it doesn't look quite so oversized.

I think we've probably just gotten so used to seeing him with the helmet on that a regular human head just looks totally off to us now. Lol

Plus I imagine their main goal was to make the proportions work with the helmet on, since that's the main way we see him. If he does start wearing it less like people expect, then I imagine they'll adjust the armor so it doesn't look quite so oversized.

Totally agree.

I mean Mandalorian is a great evolution of the original Boba Fett armour. Im not sure how much smaller the Mando helmet is (if it is at all, but it appears smaller). But its still a big helmet and on a smaller suit like Boba 80 its noticeable. Mandalorian armour with its bulkiness that makes him really look like he is wearing armour (like a knight) (and where in the show the armour plays quite a big role) is an amazing modern Mandalorian armour.

And personally I don?t know why they would bulk up the suit solely for the finale scene with Mando unmasked. I just don?t understand the rationale.

2184c155f95f3c004a53aef5ff18ffa8.jpg

ca2d62f9ba7afea86b247f8dccea75cb.jpg

ad03591d76855e4090b81aef2dc03fa8.jpg

personally I don't know why they would bulk up the suit solely for the finale scene with Mando unmasked. I just don't understand the rationale.

They didn't. If you watch the behind the scenes Disney Gallery documentary for season 2 it has many clips of Pedro wearing the suit on set sans helmet. It's frickin huge on him every time.

Just preordered this guy. Cannot wait.

Have the OG and was debating between heavy or Beskar Mando.

I just got this figure and I am super happy - I removed the fat suit and added a custom thigh armor (waiting for boomix version to replace that one). I also applied pastel chalk to the suit to get a more brown color- I think it worked pretty well

Back