1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. At this point considering how deep they are going with the Mandalorian it would be criminal for HT to do them all but miss Kuill.

However that said, Rogue One comes to mind pretty damn quickly......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were talking about this last night (quick plug for Dorklair Podcast if anyone wants to listen), and my buddy pointed out that Hot Toys so far has the biggest line of Mandalorian releases out of everything including Black Series and The Vintage Collection. Even though they're not released yet, no one's done an incinerator trooper or scout trooper yet. So I'm hoping they keep going for Cara and others.

We were talking about this last night (quick plug for Dorklair Podcast if anyone wants to listen), and my buddy pointed out that Hot Toys so far has the biggest line of Mandalorian releases out of everything including Black Series and The Vintage Collection. Even though they're not released yet, no one's done an incinerator trooper or scout trooper yet. So I'm hoping they keep going for Cara and others.

I'm thinking they may have decided to divert potential time/resources from a couple of possible Ep9 figures to additional Mandalorian figures. I mean why not go to what's hot, rather than spend time and effort on what's not.

So I guess so long as pre-orders are in line with (or exceed) their expectations then chances are relatively good for maybe one or two more before Season 2.

Cara, Moff Gideon will probably be Season 2 plus a couple of new characters from Season 2 like Ahsoka. She would pretty much be a given at this point I think.

I'm just hoping Kuiil gets a look in for this Season before we get to S2.

You know, in hindsight the Cara character had grown on me. I think in the age of non-stop entertainment and the accompanying vivisection online, I may judge too quickly sometimes. I didn't hate the character and felt Carano grew into the role a bit, but it's months later I think of her more fondly than just a throw-away character. Rose-coloured glasses? Maybe. Let's see what Season 2 brings.

I think she grew into the character; much as I liked her first appearance not the BEST actress IMO:monkey3. Really impressed with Episodes 7 & 8. Maybe inevitably seeing her in interviews colors things too, but am impressed with how fiercely in interviews she has taken to being part of the show, and is totally committed to the show. A breath of fresh air, like all of Mandalorian. And IMO the camera loves her. So hope HT doesn't mess her portrait up.:horror

(or, for instance, think Chris Hemsworth got better in time with Thor, but in interviews before Ragnarok didn't come off as that enthused about the whole thing. Suspect without Taika we would have seen the last of Hemsworth's Thor. Can understand actors having to deal with difficult costumes but at least you are WORKING in a profession where it's not easy to get a job).

Agree with Hoody we need Kuill before Season 2 as well. :pray:

Save room for the next two seasons of must haves lol

:lol True, true. Frightening to think of.:lol
Especially the "Triumph of Mandalore" DX Din Djarin with full metal Beskar and 2 amazing head sculpts (one "clean" and one battle version with blood effects); the light-up Darksaber and pulse rifle, and the shattered stone Mandalore base. With the Child who hopefully will be named by then, who also has light up flame effects.
It will cost 835$ and be HT's most expensive release except for the Hulkbuster. (Light-up 1/6 scale Razor Crest cockpit and special LED light casting 6 different planet/galaxy effects sold separately) :monkey3

I think she grew into the character; much as I liked her first appearance not the BEST actress IMO:monkey3. Really impressed with Episodes 7 & 8. Maybe inevitably seeing her in interviews colors things too, but am impressed with how fiercely in interviews she has taken to being part of the show, and is totally committed to the show. A breath of fresh air, like all of Mandalorian. And IMO the camera loves her. So hope HT doesn't mess her portrait up.:horror

(or, for instance, think Chris Hemsworth got better in time with Thor, but in interviews before Ragnarok didn't come off as that enthused about the whole thing. Suspect without Taika we would have seen the last of Hemsworth's Thor. Can understand actors having to deal with difficult costumes but at least you are WORKING in a profession where it's not easy to get a job).

Agree with Hoody we need Kuill before Season 2 as well. :pray:

:lol True, true. Frightening to think of.:lol
Especially the "Triumph of Mandalore" DX Din Djarin with full metal Beskar and 2 amazing head sculpts (one "clean" and one battle version with blood effects); the light-up Darksaber and pulse rifle, and the shattered stone Mandalore base. With the Child who hopefully will be named by then , who also has light up flame effects.
It will cost 835$ and be HT's most expensive release except for the Hulkbuster. (Light-up 1/6 scale Razor Crest cockpit and special LED light casting 6 different planet/galaxy effects sold separately) :monkey3

I really hope they don?t go the lame route naming the child, like Asohka?s ?Snips? nickname. I will be very disappointed.

I really hope they don?t go the lame route naming the child, like Asohka?s ?Snips? nickname. I will be very disappointed.

Yeah. Names are important. But willing to bet Favreau and Filoni know that.

If you look at the figures HT has announced, they have all been faceless troopers or droids (i.e. no sculpting required or very minimal at best) which are very easy for HT to crank out. With the exception of baby Yoda, who they have made a simple body/partial body (which they already re-used) and 3 headsculpts and of course the Life Size. They also made a ton of Cos-Babies but nobody cares. The other figures have not been particularly challenging or time consuming to produce. Cara, Gideon and Kuiil would require actual headsculpts and unique bodies, which would take time, if they are in the pipeline. So it makes sense that the troopers/helmet characters would have priority and get announced long before any of the organic characters were even looked at.

Even if Kuiil isn't planned right now, he probably will get made. Once HT sees how well this line is selling, they'll want to go back and milk whatever else they can out of this franchise.

If you look at the figures HT has announced, they have all been faceless troopers or droids (i.e. no sculpting required or very minimal at best) which are very easy for HT to crank out. With the exception of baby Yoda, who they have made a simple body/partial body (which they already re-used) and 3 headsculpts and of course the Life Size. They also made a ton of Cos-Babies but nobody cares. The other figures have not been particularly challenging or time consuming to produce. Cara, Gideon and Kuiil would require actual headsculpts and unique bodies, which would take time, if they are in the pipeline. So it makes sense that the troopers/helmet characters would have priority and get announced long before any of the organic characters were even looked at.

Even if Kuiil isn't planned right now, he probably will get made. Once HT sees how well this line is selling, they'll want to go back and milk whatever else they can out of this franchise.

Yes the unique body argument for us not seeing Kuiil until now is potentially pretty valid. Sure it's just as easy to say no they're not making him as there is no proof, but considering he was so much involved in the first Season and had such a great catch phrase known by all, I like to think he still has a chance. Would really suck having the main team lineup without him.

I guess if they are planning him they could also wait for their potential virtual SDCC event to show him and get some feedback ?

A lot of ifs and buts I know, but I live in hope.

50/50 chance since Filoni did create Snips :lol

Total cringe:pfft:. Glad they changed Ahsoka's character in time. I think she's fine at this point but unlikely I'd get a fig of her - for now, anyway. Think Anakin having a padawan at all was stretching it anyway - but, I'll be lined up for the last of Clone Wars.:cool:

Yes the unique body argument for us not seeing Kuiil until now is potentially pretty valid. Sure it's just as easy to say no they're not making him as there is no proof, but considering he was so much involved in the first Season and had such a great catch phrase known by all, I like to think he still has a chance. Would really suck having the main team lineup without him.

I guess if they are planning him they could also wait for their potential virtual SDCC event to show him and get some feedback ?

A lot of ifs and buts I know, but I live in hope.

Well, that's the thing; a respected and key character - in multiple episodes too. Dunno why HT couldn't do a fig with simpler articulation, pair with a Blurrg - release. Artists seem to have an easier time with "character" faces than full human portraits too re likeness. I'd be good with having Kuiil this year and announcing Cara next year as she is obviously in Season 2. She may even have some more weapons by then.

I'd get Kuiil Blurrg or no Blurrg anyway. And much as I like the Heavy Gunner if I have to choose$$$ it will be Kuiil. If HT doesn't step up to the plate, am sure some 3rd party will.

I'd get Kuiil Blurrg or no Blurrg anyway. And much as I like the Heavy Gunner if I have to choose$$$ it will be Kuiil. If HT doesn't step up to the plate, am sure some 3rd party will.

Same. Even tho I have the heavy mando paid already, had they announced Kuiil and him both Kuiil would have been the go to. Would be such a cool looking figure

Well, that's the thing; a respected and key character - in multiple episodes too. Dunno why HT couldn't do a fig with simpler articulation, pair with a Blurrg - release. Artists seem to have an easier time with "character" faces than full human portraits too re likeness. I'd be good with having Kuiil this year and announcing Cara next year as she is obviously in Season 2. She may even have some more weapons by then.

Yep, especially considering how well they do older characters with wrinkled faces. Kuiil would be a knockout !

Yep, especially considering how well they do older characters with wrinkled faces. Kuiil would be a knockout !

If Kuiil is put up for preorder tomorrow, I promise to immediately preorder him, a scout with bike, two remnant stormtroopers, heavy Mando, two more death troopers and IG-11. There it is HT, about $2000 on the table from just me.

Sideshow reduced the price of the deluxe set by a staggering $2... Get it while it lasts :lol

Seriously though, what's the point? I don't think I've ever seen them do that for a pre-order before.

98026666_2942728182486844_2174386992429662208_o.jpg

Are you sure you?re not on the Popcultcha site where the codes only work for 1/2 the customers? :lol

[emoji23][emoji23] so true. I want my $2 off!!!!! Actually already have this ordered and paid off for less than this so it?s all good

15e60ba33ee114d0def027f58201a428.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back