1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is suddenly not very fun. Need more photos and reviews of the figure, less of shipping containers being sent to the bottom of the ocean :lol

Emu_jnEXcAI20Br.jpg

How about something being recovered from the ocean lol

This thread is suddenly not very fun. Need more photos and reviews of the figure, less of shipping containers being sent to the bottom of the ocean :lol

Well, my quick review would be, when you get this in, clear an afternoon to play with him.

hottoys_beskarchild2_opt.jpg

Both Mando V1 and V2 are pleasure to work with, mostly. Gorgeous figs; sturdy, well made costume, great paint. The cobbled together Beskar right thigh plate really gleams - cool organic effect. Not sure I am as enthused about the future droid part thigh plate.

Cons:
Hands too stiff and pain in the ^%$ at times. Watch small parts and the magnetic charge doesn't have a magnet or sit well, so I keep that and necklace in box. Watch cartridges don't get pushed out of loops.

Overall: 9.80 out of 10. I'd get another except we're all gonna get a Mando V3 and I am not rich.:crying

If Sideshow now have this in stock will that tell people who still have a couple of payments left that it needs to be paid in full or do they let you continue to pay instalments until complete?

If Sideshow now have this in stock will that tell people who still have a couple of payments left that it needs to be paid in full or do they let you continue to pay instalments until complete?

They go by payment plan. Usually tell you to pay in full when your in your last payment.

Got mine yesterday! I LOVE this figure. Definitely my favourite 1/6 scale in my entire collection. I couldn't be happier. I kept the fat suit on mine as i like the bulky look. Articulation is still great. Although i kept a fairly simple pose with mine, i decided to flip Grogu and the pram around to his right side so that he can carry his Beskar container with his left. I like the end result. A lot of shelf presence!

My only complain on this figure is the strap on the holster for the blaster pistol. I think it would have been far better to be magnetised. I had no issues with the clip for his rifle to attach to his bandolier. It clipped in perfectly and i have removed and re-attached it several times. This must have been a V1 issue more than V2??

Here is a pic of mine. Sorry for the crappy quality photo as my basement/mancave has very poor lighting for a cell phone camera. My phone is also ancient lol.

Special thanks to Boomix for his custom armour pieces to complete the Season 2 look. Great quality and look like they came with the figure to start with. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

thumbnail_20210221_084600.jpg

Got mine yesterday! I LOVE this figure. Definitely my favourite 1/6 scale in my entire collection. I couldn't be happier. I kept the fat suit on mine as i like the bulky look. Articulation is still great. Although i kept a fairly simple pose with mine, i decided to flip Grogu and the pram around to his right side so that he can carry his Beskar container with his left. I like the end result. A lot of shelf presence!

My only complain on this figure is the strap on the holster for the blaster pistol. I think it would have been far better to be magnetised. I had no issues with the clip for his rifle to attach to his bandolier. It clipped in perfectly and i have removed and re-attached it several times. This must have been a V1 issue more than V2??

Here is a pic of mine. Sorry for the crappy quality photo as my basement/mancave has very poor lighting for a cell phone camera. My phone is also ancient lol.

Special thanks to Boomix for his custom armour pieces to complete the Season 2 look. Great quality and look like they came with the figure to start with. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Congrats on getting him in - looks like u have a beautiful clean display set up. Yeah, tho there's stuff like the blaster holster strap, and stuff to watch out for like the camtono hinges look delicate - IMO HT has done amazing with Mando V1/V2.

One thing I hope they improve with V3 is getting some movement in the Child's arms. Even a little would help. I've got the Scout/Speeder on PO and while the sculpt is different, looks like the same body mold.

Congrats on getting him in - looks like u have a beautiful clean display set up. Yeah, tho there's stuff like the blaster holster strap, and stuff to watch out for like the camtono hinges look delicate - IMO HT has done amazing with Mando V1/V2.

One thing I hope they improve with V3 is getting some movement in the Child's arms. Even a little would help. I've got the Scout/Speeder on PO and while the sculpt is different, looks like the same body mold.

Thanks for the kind words on my set up. Here's a couple more snaps of him!
thumbnail_20210221_120751.jpg
thumbnail_20210221_120737.jpg

Thanks for the kind words on my set up. Here's a couple more snaps of him!
[

That's spectacular.:clap The Royal Guards, as well as the Jedi temple guards, are some of my favorite SW designs.

Except, yah know, finances; 99% of the time I can only do main characters, 'coz I collect ASMUS too$$$$:horror

Still haven?t put my order in for this yet but I?m close to doing so as I have a fair amount of rewards saved up. I almost bet that after I pre-order the season two Mando will go up.

The deluxe set is pretty good though and basically everything needed for Mando and Grogu.

So... snag this one or go Season 3 HMMM?

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I don't care if I have a Grogu/The Child figure. I just want a full Beskar Mando figure. Am seriously hoping the s2 teased in the fett photos is shown before this figure is gone. Hell, at this point, it won't actually be in stock at SS till summer anyways. So hopefully I have time. I have my Mando v1 to ogle at for the time being... :)

3BB392FA-35A2-4580-9F0D-34A992C32F34.jpgI admit that I?m excited that mine is finally shipping today but with the custom spear, Darksaber, thigh pad and knee pad, I?d rather invest in other stuff. Bo-Katan is a must especially if she comes with a Katie headsculpt, her newest posse/comrades and of course a Pre Visla. Jeeze, I almost forgot the Armorer with her cool bronze/gold helmet and fur lined coat and tools that double as weapons. I?d love a Clone Wars final season Gar Saxon, actually I?d be into the empire Gar Saxon as well. And what characters will Kenobi bring? Anakin as Vader confirmed, apparently we are getting more Maul somewhere, the Savage Opress PF is excellent and a figure should be made. Still need a RotS Palps 2 pack with Mace to go with. I would love if Dave Filoni pushed more Plo Koon and Wolffe Pack Troopers into the foreground making merchandisers take notice.

Back