1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 023 - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late, late, late. The grunts finally showed up.

All hail the (Sith) King.

1633739558978.gif

Just got this in....a few shots out of the box:

HT 501st_001.jpg

After all of the positive word, I couldn't resist and had to see for myself.

HT 501st_003.jpg

Yes indeed. It is impressive in-hand. Right out of the box, it's a great feeling to handle a clone figure that isn't flopping around in your hands or falling over at the hint of gravity or a breeze. The deco is indeed quite good and the armor proportions are looking much better with the figure in front of me.

HT 501st_002.jpg

While I'm looking to enjoy this one (and still anxiously awaiting the Coruscant Guard...that's "Shock Trooper" to me), I'm not going to go bonkers and order every clone that hits. I did that years ago with Sideshow and while many of those clones still look really good on display (provided one doesn't handle them too much), I don't see the reason to "replace" all of them with the inevitable HT models.

As mystified as many others as to the missing hand(s) to properly hold and fire the Gatling Gun and dammit! I wish HT would just get over themselves and include the standard crotch support upright with EVERY figure. I would never trust leaving a figure on that gooseneck for support with those small bases. Insane.

Since it will probably be months before BBTS sees any Bespin Lando, Shock Trooper or Death Watch figures, I'll be able to take the time to really run this one through the paces.

Always appreciate more shots from folks with inspiring display options!

A few outdoor shots and a couple more thoughts...

HT 501st_004.jpg

HT 501st_007.jpg

HT 501st_009.jpg

The clone is very well put together. Already finding it much easier to pose than the Cody figure. Glad they included the Phase one helmet. Some folks were commenting that it seemed a bit oversized, but I think it looks good...a decently proportioned fit over a "head" inside. Besides, I always liked that '50s car fin.

I'm okay with the ratchet joints and relieved to see the double jointed elbow.

The two major fails here are....how could HT include the variety of weapons they did WITHOUT THE HANDS TO HOLD THEM? It's a real WTF moment for a "deluxe" release of a figure. And no fists? The other I already mentioned earlier...please HT...start including the standard upright support for the stands. I personally will never display the figure "flying" with the jet pack and it would be really nice if collectors were provided with the option to display both ways. I'm already scrambling to get an upright for Jango.

Other than those two things, I'm enjoying this one a lot.

HT 501st_008.jpg

HT 501st_010.jpg

A guy on one of the Facebook groups had some 501st Troopers for sale, and I’m going to score one for $215 shipped. It’s the standard version, but I’m okay with that.

Might try and get a deluxe down the line as well. Two of the 501st to go with Rex is what I’m hoping for.

Ideally I would like two of the Coruscant Guards too, but if not I would take just one.

A guy on one of the Facebook groups had some 501st Troopers for sale, and I’m going to score one for $215 shipped. It’s the standard version, but I’m okay with that.

Might try and get a deluxe down the line as well. Two of the 501st to go with Rex is what I’m hoping for.

Ideally I would like two of the Coruscant Guards too, but if not I would take just one.
Congrats, Mike. If in a pair with Rex, 1 standard and 1 deluxe is a good option since you can use the 332nd helmet that comes with Rex on the standard 501st if you ever want to display them both that way.

Hope you can get all the Clones you want secured. Hard to say how long they'll be around.

I can see why folks have been snatching up extra bodies from these. I grabbed one in case I need it, and man are those ratchets satisfying lol

Hard to say how long they'll be around.

I was just thinking this this other day, how long will these 501st stay in stock? Seems like they will sell out fast at the rate folks are buying them but they will be in high demand again when Anakin drops.

I was just thinking this this other day, how long will these 501st stay in stock? Seems like they will sell out fast at the rate folks are buying them but they will be in high demand again when Anakin drops.
The Deluxe might sell out first and hit waitlist by the holidays as people buy them as gifts or with gift cards and greeting card money.

The standard would probably hang around a little longer, but I don’t know if until Anakin comes out. Assuming he doesn’t get bumped up and comes out in the Spring.

I think they made a good amount for the US market based on order numbers, fan excitement, and projected demand so Sideshow probably started off with a decent supply.

Hot Toys have seemed to have found that magic number, as far as most releases go. I've noticed that when a figure starts to sell out, it usually does so at around the same time at most of the online shops. Some may still have it available but at inflated prices.

The only thing that may slow it down is if there are several popular figures released at the same time. I wouldn't wait too long, though.

Congrats, Mike. If in a pair with Rex, 1 standard and 1 deluxe is a good option since you can use the 332nd helmet that comes with Rex on the standard 501st if you ever want to display them both that way.

Hope you can get all the Clones you want secured. Hard to say how long they'll be around.
Thanks!! I’m looking forward to hopefully building a small Clone army. If nothing else I’m content with Cody, Rex, a 501st, and a Coruscant Guard.

Back