1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 021 - The Clone Wars: Ahsoka Tano Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know part of the hobby is the waiting, and I usually don't mind it, but this figure is going to be the first time where I'm beyond anxious to receive it and I hope it's released before we know it.

Is there any treatment you can do to the arms to hopefully prevent cracking?

When taking care of figure that are silicone base (like Phicen) or rubber (like HT), it is recommended that you wash your hands before handling, and is also recommended that you do a light dusting of cornstarch or baby powder to keep the skin from getting tacky/cracky.

Even though I’m in on the ArtFigures custom Ahsoka project, I POd this one, too. Maybe I’ll mod the custom to be another slave in Jabba’s palace...

I'm really not liking that weird gap between the lips. I guess it's supposed to suggest that the mouth is ever so slightly open, but it's not remotely convincing. Thankfully it doesn't seem as noticeable from a distance.

This looks very nice. It’s possible it might be somewhat inspired by the voice actress, which would be a nice nod, with a bit of Dawson added in as a bridge to an eventual Mandalorian release. Maybe HT was thinking this way, or maybe it’s just people seeing what they want to see.

Still no Bespin Lando or Bespin Han though.

If she sells well, maybe it will open the door to characters like Shaak-Ti, Oola, Aayla Secura and Darth Talon.

man those rubber arms, I will never ever do anything drastic, definitely museum pose for her exclusively lol.

Day one PO for me. Looks amazing.

This would be a great opportunity for HT to make exchangeable arms. Pop out at the shoulder like IW Thor and have jointed arms that can use the light up feature like all their other releases. That way it would please the seamless fans that don?t like joints and the fans who don?t mind joints and light up fans as well. Maybe a regular and deluxe for those that are too cheap to spring for the complete package. I kid. I kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely agree they should just start including swap out arms. Especially for this one, it'll be hell trying to match her skin tone if I wanted to swap in arms.

Loving this figure too and was an instant order for me. Is it overly hopeful to say that I also hope it paves the way for a Hot Toys Aayla Secura. If ever a figure that Sideshow did needed and upgrade it would be her.

This was an instant pre-order. It's already listed as sold out on BBTS. Are the swords actually going to be able to light up?

That also makes me want swap out arms. I want to see bot legs Maul and Ahsoka all lit up!

I don't really see it as more slender; just realistically proportioned.

The photoshoped version on the right looks like she has mumps.

Yeah, people don?t seem to realise that the proportions are totally different in the show vs real life. It?s why alternate animated sculpts would work for this figure along with Rex, Obi-Wan and Anakin CW figures, the body and outfit proportions are totally different along with the heads.

Yeah, people don?t seem to realise that the proportions are totally different in the show vs real life. It?s why alternate animated sculpts would work for this figure along with Rex, Obi-Wan and Anakin CW figures, the body and outfit proportions are totally different along with the heads.

Exactly. This figure is what I would expect a real Ahsoka would look like, and matches well with the ROTS Anakin they have in the promo picture.

Hot Toys did a solid job of translating the animated appearance into realistic.

I also really appreciate that there's definitely some Ashley Eckstein in the portrait.

That also makes me want swap out arms. I want to see bot legs Maul and Ahsoka all lit up!

Same here. I imagine they figured people would want the extra posing options, and the ability to have her hold the lightsabers facing either forward or backward like in the promo pics. But given I have all my other lightsabers wired up at this point, it just wouldn't look right not to have these lit up too. And hopefully I'll be able to wire them up outside the arms so she can hold them any which way I want, like I did with my Rey and Maul.

Swap out arms would be nice, but that goes against Hot Toys's MO, especially with the Star Wars license.

Using just the seamless arms in the name of aesthetics just happens to mean not having to include a light up feature which cuts down on costs.

I would not expect them to do anything to drive up the cost of their figures to give collectors more options beyond near the bare minimum.

I am amazed by this, I don't see one single resemblance you are talking about. They're both young, and they're both women. And that's pretty much where the Venn diagram overlaps.

Don't see it either. To me it looks like a humanized version of an animated character. She's a pass for me anyway. Also those arms would scare me. But happy if folks can get her.

Back