1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 021 - The Clone Wars: Ahsoka Tano Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My PO is in, she will be a nice Christmas gift to myself next year.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

This is really tempting! i wonder how the elbows would hold specially in a country as humid as ours. Did the gamora figures ever had issues with the covered joints?

118470470_774572523361478_7239654538737474661_n.jpg

She certainly screams more resemblance to Ashley Eckstein.

See, there is not one single matching feature between those two pictures IMO.

I have to completely agree.

I thought that poster was being funny at first. Amazing what people will see when they want to.

See, there is not one single matching feature between those two pictures IMO. The eye shape and placement is different, the lips are completely different, there are just no two identical points of reference. Figure's chin is much more pointed, I could go on.

At this point, I'm just waiting for someone to bust those MS Paint gridlines out :lol

This is really tempting! i wonder how the elbows would hold specially in a country as humid as ours. Did the gamora figures ever had issues with the covered joints?

Yes! I've already made up my mind I won't be touching those elbow joints. Pretty much could get cool poses anyway with the shoulder and wrist articulation.

Thank god they gave us super flexible trousers! I've recently stayed away from HT Spidey due to the sensitive material they use. Kills a lot of poseability.

I have to completely agree.

I thought that poster was being funny at first. Amazing what people will see when they want to.

The chin is kind of similar but nothing else. Perhaps thats cause the animated depiction was influenced by the actress and that carried over?

Chin, nose (tip, nares, wings), zygoma, and a portion of her brow are all inspired by Eckstein. The eyes have been altered, where the actress has quite oblique angled inferior palpebrae, they've curved them moreso on the figure to match the animated roundness. To accommodate this they've narrowed the width of the nasal bones, tightening the bridge. I'd also go as far as to say her lips are accurate to Ashely, but with heavy lipstick and perhaps an emphasized upper lip border.

Inspired by without a doubt, but not an exact replica.

No.
It's her head.
Those colourings are her skin pigmentation.
The move around, but they are part of her.

Huh, the way HT has done it makes it look like a garment worn over the tentacles - maybe it's that fabric piece that surrounds her forehead and temples being so similar in color to her light blue "skin."

Also maybe it's the artifice of animation being rendered realistically (where you've got a very animation-like tentacle area next to a pretty realistic face) that's throwing me off.

I guess she was based off that PT female Jedi from the Jedi penthouse boardroom - not sure what she was called, had the Oola/Bib Fortuna tentacles but with unnaturally colored stripes.

Chin, nose (tip, nares, wings), zygoma, and a portion of her brow are all inspired by Eckstein. The eyes have been altered, where the actress has quite oblique angled inferior palpebrae, they've curved them moreso on the figure to match the animated roundness. To accommodate this they've narrowed the width of the nasal bones, tightening the bridge. I'd also go as far as to say her lips are accurate to Ashely, but with heavy lipstick and perhaps an emphasized upper lip border.

I am amazed by this, I don't see one single resemblance you are talking about. They're both young, and they're both women. And that's pretty much where the Venn diagram overlaps.

118470470_774572523361478_7239654538737474661_n.jpg

She certainly screams more resemblance to Ashley Eckstein. Part of me truly thinks that the whole Rosario Dawson casting rumor is made up. Why would Dave Faloni cast all the other voice actresses and actors like Katee Sackhoff. But not cast Ashley who is Ahsoka? Everything down to the face shape is her appearance. Until Disney or Star Wars shows/gives official casting announcement. I hold out hope she gets to play Ahsoka in live action. Of course I am sure some feature are more exaggerated to resemble the cartoon more like the lips.

:lecture

That's what I see as well. Pretty sure Ashley was Hot Toys' starting point when they came to sculpting.

The eyes are irrelevant since in the cartoon they're obviously exaggerated.

I like the sculpt itself. There's a subtle intensity, which depending on angle could be either concentration, concern or anger.

Seriously considering two of these so I can display with the cloak on as well.

For those who can't see that this is "based" on Ashley, all power too you.

Just hope I don't see ya on the roads
tenor.gif

Maybe it's Tom Cruise?

It's interesting it says the lekku are poseable but not a single promo shot shows any movement in them at all.

Oh i didnt know the lekkus are articulated! so are they also made up of silicon or some sort of rubber material?

I totally agree.

Oh i didnt know the lekkus are articulated! so are they also made up of silicon or some sort of rubber material?

Maybe it's just the very tip of the ends.

Have mine PO'd! I just hope so much that HT FIXES how they make these seamless arms. After having vol 1. Gamora I almost said no to this figure. They have time on their side to find a way to improve it.

I have seen dreadful incidents with HT WW regarding to these seamless body, grrhhh.

The key is to just not bend or move the arms much. Shouldn't be any issues for a long time if you do that. If that is hard to abide by, buy two. :lol

Im not sure if stuff like 303 could work but imma play it safe and have it posed in her arms extended/relaxed hahaha luckily we got lots of poses of her with those

Back