1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 021 - The Clone Wars: Ahsoka Tano Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly. If they had been honest I wouldn’t have minded but they literally told me it would be shipped with 2/3 days and then a week later say it will be another week.
land when I asked about cancelling it they say sure its not in our warehouse yet!
Surprised to say mine is on the move. Should be here early next week.

Hopefully they're getting their act together. Still have about 8 figures on pre-order with them.

anyones orders from sideshow on the move yet? or is best case still “preparing to ship” purgatory right now?

An Unsealed on a Friday! :eek:

I tell you after watching this…I’m tempted to get this when SS gets it in stock…I’m not paying $100 DHL through TW :nono

I like CW…but I’m not a die hard

Thanks for the link, had no idea this happened today.

I look forward to watching Guy break something.

Photo by onesixth_photographer

cabstDK.png
ozaDQj4.png

Thanks for the link, had no idea this happened today.

I look forward to watching Guy break something.
That’s why I’m shocked it was on a Friday. SS knows they are way behind in shipping because of the current world problems and I think they are taking the fact how DHL shipping has ridiculously inflated in Asia

So this video screams “ Hey stick with SS..be patient…don’t cancel your preorders with us ..We will get this in stock eventually ..no need to pay extra with someone else overseas just to get it sooner “ :lol

So this video screams “ Hey stick with SS..be patient…don’t cancel your preorders with us ..We will get this in stock eventually ..no need to pay extra with someone else overseas just to get it sooner “ :lol
I feel like this is what they're thinking every time they do one of these for a figure they haven't actually got in-stock yet

I work for a manufacturer, and our cargo has definitely sat in Long Beach for weeks at a time in recent months due to labor shortages. There are delays getting the containers off-loaded, and then delays getting them trucked from LB to our warehouse in the Valley. They give us one date, and then push it out and push it out again. I suspect Sideshow is facing the same issue. The product isn't still in China.

My Boba DX was charged on 2/28, so it hasn't been quite 4 weeks. But it's almost been three.
You have the container number and know it’s discharged? If that’s the case someone is paying a huge bill… the cargo isn’t on the pier… it’s the ship still while the vessel waits for a berth and then it takes about 5 days to discharge…. The issue is the overall back log out of Asia and the delays in long beach… there are still dozens of vessel waiting to berth. Anything that get discharged needs to move out or they can’t discharge the next vessel and the terminal space is limited or as you said it sitting there but whoever is paying that inbound freight is paying a demurrage bill

I'm glad I got the 501st deluxe with the 332nd helmets, so many display options.

Anakin is going to lose his clones for a bit when Ahsoka comes in.

An Unsealed on a Friday! :eek:

I tell you after watching this…I’m tempted to get this when SS gets it in stock…I’m not paying $100 DHL through TW :nono

I like CW…but I’m not a die hard

My god it's so cringe when Terry's describing what to do with the figure and Guy Legit barely changed anything on the figure 🤦‍♂️ I will never understand why Terry doesn't get to play with the figures, does he not live by the office or what??

My god it's so cringe when Terry's describing what to do with the figure and Guy Legit barely changed anything on the figure 🤦‍♂️ I will never understand why Terry doesn't get to play with the figures, does he not live by the office or what??

I never really understood their choice to do this, until I started thinking about it again after reading your post.

Terry had a reputation for being a master poser, so it was odd to relegate him to a master giving instructions remotely to his 'padawan'.

I think they did it to transform the videos from monologues into a more social activity better befitting Sideshow's QVC modus operandi. Now there's the ability to insert banter to hype up how good the figures are, in order to encourage sales.

I'm assuming they thought this worked better if the 'master' was the one giving the instructions, rather than having the 'non-poser' interject comments.

The result is that the videos are less effective from a posing perspective, and often quite awkward.

Back