1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 021 - The Clone Wars: Ahsoka Tano Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Season 1 and 2 was still a bit kiddy (still has some solid episodes, Rookies, Lair of Grievous, Cad Bane episodes, Ryloth trilogy, Geonosis trilogy) but you can probably watch about 15 total episodes of Season 1 and 2 and go straight to 3. Season 4-7 are where the show really stands out.

Thanks for the recommendation. I?ll make sure to watch the episodes you highlighted before I skip to season 3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I?m really trying to get into Clone Wars, but season 1 is proving quite a chore to get through. Is it possible to skip to a better season? Any recommendations? So far, I don?t think I would be missing anything worth while.

You could probably get away with just these

Season 1
Rookies
Cloak of Darkness
Lair of Grievous
Ryloth Trilogy

Season 2
Holocron Heist
Cargo of Doom
Children of the Force
Senate Spy
Landing at Point Rain
Weapons Factor
Legacy of Terror
Brain Invaders
The Mandalore Plot
Voyage of Temptation
Duchess of Mandalore
Cat and Mouse

So your advice is to skip the Umbara arc? :FREAK:

It was tongue in cheek. :wink1:

Well, partly tongue in cheek. I found most of the specifically clone related stories a chore, and preferred anything that focused elsewhere. It got really bad (no pun intended) in the last season with the Bad Batch.

I?m really trying to get into Clone Wars, but season 1 is proving quite a chore to get through. Is it possible to skip to a better season? Any recommendations? So far, I don?t think I would be missing anything worth while.

Try this abridged CW viewing order reco in reddit:

So You Want to Watch the Clone Wars But You Don't

I've found a few essential episodes lists which cover first 6 seasons (120 episodes):

78 episodes essentials list (includes 19 episodes from first 2 seasons and theatrical movie)
12 episodes skeleton list (I even did not look what it includes)
Both lists are recommended by the same guy and can be viewed here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FibbE2Ul0sQ&t=921s

49 episodes list (includes 13 episodes from first 2 seasons)
This can be viewed here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FibbE2Ul0sQ&t=921s

20 episodes list (actually a barebone quick list provided by Disney)
This can be googled down.

Personally I prefer 78-episode list

Note: None of the above lists cover Season 7.

It might be a chore, but it's worth seeing it all. Even for the parts you can't be bothered with, there's the occasional piece of info that, while not essential), is handy to know.
The timeline is all over the place. The original "movie" draws in two separate stories, and elements of each one are referenced in later seasons' episodes. Some just visually where you will see a ship(Or character), and you will think about what other episodes they were in. Like i say, nothing that would be the worst thing if you missed it, but i'd recommend watching every episode once when watching the show. On the next run through, you will know the ones you didn't like at all, and the ones that have cool parts you like, even in spite of the bad parts.
I'm not a huge fan of the clonetroopers themselves(And i thought the bad batch episodes were a waste of time), but not everyone will feel the same. Different stories will speak to different people.
You never know what episodes are going to appeal to you until you've evaluated them yourself.

It might be a chore, but it's worth seeing it all. Even for the parts you can't be bothered with, there's the occasional piece of info that, while not essential), is handy to know.
The timeline is all over the place. The original "movie" draws in two separate stories, and elements of each one are referenced in later seasons' episodes. Some just visually where you will see a ship(Or character), and you will think about what other episodes they were in. Like i say, nothing that would be the worst thing if you missed it, but i'd recommend watching every episode once when watching the show. On the next run through, you will know the ones you didn't like at all, and the ones that have cool parts you like, even in spite of the bad parts.
I'm not a huge fan of the clonetroopers themselves(And i thought the bad batch episodes were a waste of time), but not everyone will feel the same. Different stories will speak to different people.
You never know what episodes are going to appeal to you until you've evaluated them yourself.

Agreed, some episodes aren't great and can be a chore but the pay off is definitely worth it.

Agreed, some episodes aren't great and can be a chore but the pay off is definitely worth it.

I like the Clone Wars but yeah, by series end I was like Holy *&^% if that had been live action.

Rewatched season 7 last night and was ready to smash the button for Ahsoka.:cool::lol

But - gotta save the cash in case SSC announces Mando V1 is shipping, so I can pay him off.:drool

Thanks everyone for all the recommendations and info. I tend to gravitate toward the Jedi storylines. The clone stories are really quite a bore. I just can?t tell them apart. This is surprising to me because I really liked Rex in rebels, and I always looked forward to him showing up from time to time. Ahsoka is a tiny bit annoying in season 1, but since I know her from Rebels, it?s interesting to see how much she has grown as a character.

Thanks everyone for all the recommendations and info. I tend to gravitate toward the Jedi storylines. The clone stories are really quite a bore. I just can?t tell them apart. This is surprising to me because I really liked Rex in rebels, and I always looked forward to him showing up from time to time. Ahsoka is a tiny bit annoying in season 1, but since I know her from Rebels, it?s interesting to see how much she has grown as a character.

Fives, Echo, Wolffe, Rex and Cody are the most important clones in the show, none of the others really matter all that much, apart from Jesse by the time of S7. The best thing about CW is Ahsoka and seeing her grow into her own person, she starts quite annoying but she's quickly become a fan favourite for a reason. I personally think she has a better character ark than Luke or Anakin.

Fives, Echo, Wolffe, Rex and Cody are the most important clones in the show, none of the others really matter all that much, apart from Jesse by the time of S7. The best thing about CW is Ahsoka and seeing her grow into her own person, she starts quite annoying but she's quickly become a fan favourite for a reason. I personally think she has a better character ark than Luke or Anakin.

I agree Ahsoka's story is Star Wars at its best.

There is plenty cool and interesting arcs. Reading almost all comics and novels i dare to say it sometimes looks like movies picks the worst.

I think this is the point I, and a few others I think, would make. And it's not just Ahsoka but also the clones. Those earlier episodes, even the annoying ones, really add to the pay off in the triumph and tragedy the series ends with. They show the growth and development that occurs and adds a depth missing from all of the rest of Star Wars. You touched on Ahsoka going from a disliked, annoying, and brimming with unearned confidence dare I say brat, into the embodiment of what the Jedi should have been, but it's the same with the clones as you follow key clones from the tube as shinnies, often sadly, through to their deaths. Or worse for those who survived all that and grew to become real individuals with thoughts feeling and aspiration, to the living death where order 66 strips them of that hard earned freedom of independent thought. Even storylines that on first viewing seem tedious, often give such great nuggets that build on that emotional payoff. They add to that complex narrative that keeps the story from simply being good vs evil. They make you question things, are the clones slaves, are they individuals, should a clone have freedom of choice and self determination? All questions that seem even more relevant in today's world.

Except the Jar Jar episodes. Those can be totally skipped :p

I agree Ahsoka's story is Star Wars at its best.

This. This is why I love the character so much. And we got similar growth from Kanan in rebels who really was living in fear and PTSD from the events of order 66 being able to find himself again and the true Jedi path. These two are my favourite Star Wars characters.

Back