1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 010 - The Mandalorian: Heavy Infantry Mandalorian aka Paz Vizla

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worst scenario of end up paying roughly $450 for robust Mando has increasingly become more evident for me as time goes by...

Im still waiting on them shipping mine out to a fellow collector from here, it still says March on the order.
I'm still waiting too from SS.

There's no real benefit to paying it off early. I got my yearly bonus from work last month and decided to pay a couple pre-orders in full, Thicc Boi being one of them. I'm still waiting for that shipping notification lol.
Okay cool, thanks. I'll hold off giving SS my money lol.

Dude on Reddit was saying he got a return with pet hair and broken parts from Sideshow.

This sort of thing really needs to be blasted publically; it's becoming all too common with them.

That?s gross. ?But we never sell used items as new? hah.
Not equatable, the private market is not the same as a business who's sole existence is dabbling in high end, collector items.

But even then, let's float that. I can only speak for my experience, but I pride any trading and selling history of mine based on transparency and a clear image of what folks are getting. You'd be strug up by your feet these days if you'd do this on ebay and say it was new.
Human error. Something that should've been sent to claims got put in the restock bin instead. It happens.
See if this happened once or twice, I'd say say it's an error. But this is something that is more commonly being reported by customers. I just heard it about the Ragnarok Stan Lee, and recently Cody suffered a handful of these cases. These individuals are recieving figures in alternate, sideshow provided boxes, with removed factory tape, missing plastic protection, and torn into packaging. It's VERY much intentional, and deliberate. There are cases of members here seeing their returns show up in other people's collections based on edition number or identical flaws.

You've gotta ask yourself, why is a figure that's been returned, played with, and broken placed into their warehouse where the new stuff is? SS even has a dedicated returns address, if memory serves me right. That's deliberate, that's beyond human error.

If they're gonna sell used, returned figures, they need to disclose it, full stop. Especially when people are preordering these well in advance.

Not equatable, the private market is not the same as a business who's sole existence is dabbling in high end, collector items.

But even then, let's float that. I can only speak for my experience, but I pride any trading and selling history of mine based on transparency and a clear image of what folks are getting. You'd be strug up by your feet these days if you'd do this on ebay and say it was new.
See if this happened once or twice, I'd say say it's an error. But this is something that is more commonly being reported by customers. I just heard it about the Ragnarok Stan Lee, and recently Cody suffered a handful of these cases. These individuals are recieving figures in alternate, sideshow provided boxes, with removed factory tape, missing plastic protection, and torn into packaging. It's VERY much intentional, and deliberate. There are cases of members here seeing their returns show up in other people's collections based on edition number or identical flaws.

You've gotta ask yourself, why is a figure that's been returned, played with, and broken placed into their warehouse where the new stuff is? SS even has a dedicated returns address, if memory serves me right. That's deliberate, that's beyond human error.

If they're gonna sell used, returned figures, they need to disclose it, full stop. Especially when people are preordering these well in advance.

Yep Ive seen it happen quite a few times to other people recently. Its quite clearly not a mistake. And we already know they arent above this after the Mythos Obi bait and switch.

These returned items that have been fiddled with should be going to a different section of their website under ?outlet and clearance?, with proper descriptions of what may be wrong with them, and a appropriately discounted price tag.

These returned items that have been fiddled with should be going to a different section of their website under ?outlet and clearance?, with proper descriptions of what may be wrong with them, and a appropriately discounted price tag.

Absolutely.

I'm the type of collector that throws everything but the figure & accessories out to recycling, so I wouldn't mind buying something that's been already opened... at a discounted price. But there are plenty of collectors out there who keep everything including the brown shipper boxes and never open what they buy. I know these figures are in high demand, but they shouldn't be selling stuff that's been opened/returned at full price.

Two for two days in a row. Another redditor got a returned fig, this time a flame trooper. Deliberate, ****** business practices. I'm gonna make my way to HK sellers once I burn my RPs and my POs clear.

Two for two days in a row. Another redditor got a returned fig, this time a flame trooper. Deliberate, ****** business practices. I'm gonna make my way to HK sellers once I burn my RPs and my POs clear.

Even Toys Wonderland, for all the criticism
they receive, at least has a preowned section with proper photos and notes of any defects etc.

That's a big yikes. I know these figures are in high demand and in limited supply, and they want to make sure everyone who's ordered one gets one, but this is NOT the Way :-/

As a more or less frequent buyer of used or parts - if ur selling, don't lie or fudge pics etc. Folks like me who are 'bashing can have a use for something less than perfect/pristine; but don't lie. If I am buying new/unopened that had better be what I get.

Happily 99.8% of my buys have been trouble-free tho. Did trash some Chinese guy who pulled a bait and switch; threatened to send a letter to the Chinese embassy in the U.S. and everything for mail fraud. Got my money back too. Take no prisoners with fraudsters.:cool:

Hope these issues have positive outcomes and we get to hear how it turns out in the end. I hope they go above and beyond to make it right!

I did notice something with a recent HT fig... I had a death trooper show up with no signs of tampering. Believe me, when you know the signs you can spot them a mile away. Some are more obvious than others. Anyways, this was a waitlisted figure. Shipper, poly bag all good. Art box a bit scuffed up on the bottom, but no other damage or marks. No signs of tampering in the form of additional tape anywhere. All looked good.

The figure had all the correct plastic coverings that are placed from the factory in prescribed manner consistent with other HT figure unboxings I've done and watched. The death trooper figure however was covered in finger prints and smears. Most of us know this is not good, because finger prints are acidic and can mar or etch into the surface of clear coated and gloss black finishes. The DT is a fingerprint magnet... handle accordingly.

After cleaning all the armor off and testing the light up helmet feature, eveything seemed fine with the exception of a partial, now permanent finger print on the upper right-front of the chest armor. A bit of further buffing has removed most it to the point it's no longer a concern.

So, I believe in this case, I would attribute the condition of the figure to be something that happened from the factory. I understand they have to touch the figure to build it, but just missed the final clean up that happens when the figure is ready to be packaged.

I elected to not contact them about this issue, but could have very well reached out to them. I think it was justifiable to contact CS as is with all the other issues that are being reported. I still have confidence they are just a call away to help remedy any issues had I taken that route. Hoping for the best with the po's. Will update where possible...

Speaking of handling figures, anybody else receive shipping confirmation on Heavy Mando this week? ;)

Last edited:
I have ordered a ton through ToysWonderland for the better part of a year, probably 12+ figures and never had a problem with them, only slight issue was the claim on this figure that they emailed me on March 15th it was ready to ship but didn?t. Got my Solo Maul from them and paint on his nose was scuffed so they sent me a replacement sculpt first before having me send the bad one back.

I have ordered a ton through ToysWonderland for the better part of a year, probably 12+ figures and never had a problem with them, only slight issue was the claim on this figure that they emailed me on March 15th it was ready to ship but didn?t. Got my Solo Maul from them and paint on his nose was scuffed so they sent me a replacement sculpt first before having me send the bad one back.
That's a good way to do it... by CS having extra parts to address specific issues quickly. I have heard of another dealer doing this as well, but I can't recall the dealer.

Last edited:
Just got Heavy Mando last night. A quick one out of the box:

20210416_112631.jpg

I'm very impressed. Looking forward to digging into this figure more.
Hope those still waiting get theirs soon. Would love to see more shots!

Nice pic, jb! I can’t wait to get mine.

A fellow boardie was kind enough to sell me the one he preordered from SS. Hopefully they get all of them shipped out soon and he gets it on the way to me. Really anxious to see it in hand.

Back