1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 008 - The Mandalorian: Bounty Hunter Droid IG-11 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excited to get this one. Really liked the character and development in the show. Plus the fact that Taika Waititi voiced him was awesome. Wish they?d give us s?more of his voices characters like Korg from Ragnarok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I see him, the more I love him. Can't wait to put him next to Mando.

Yep. From vids, the paint/weathering is pretty impressive to me. Someone sat there with a little airbrush/brush and all the components.
He'll make my Mando shelf.

Damn, I knew they were a bit different , but not that much in the torso and hip position.

That's good, maybe I won't sell him down the line now.

It can be my own Star Wars Terminator line.

Yeah I still prefer the proportions on IG-88 myself, as the super short torso on 11 still looks a bit goofy to me. But the newer design does at least make more sense and you can easily understand how he moves and walks around.

88 looks like something that was cobbled together by the prop department in one day, without much thought to how he would even walk anywhere.

Thigh pieces are DIECAST metal according to justin in his review.

Sideshow made an ESB IG-88. Very similar in design.

What Strikes me about this figure is its one off incredible design re poseability. You can do just about anything, truly remarkable.

The Sideshow IG-88 fig was actually designed to be super poseable (and they cut a few accuracy corners to deliver on that.)

Other than the waist spin joint, which is a major part of IG-11's character, I would say the Sideshow 88 figure would have similar levels of articulation to the HT IG-11. The Sideshow 88 fig really only has forward/back leaning articulation at the waist (with working pistons front and back), no "spin" joint like IG-11 needs to have.

Never realized how different they are; I mean almost nothing can be re-used from IG-11 if HT made an IG-88 besides the head maybe?

Yeah other than some of the overall/base shapes of the underbody there is not much that could be re-used for IG-88.

The IG-88 prop was bolted to the floor.

Yeah, like with 21B the design of the IG feet is 100% a Kenner/Hasbro invention.

Couldn't argue otherwise, Deluxe Din + robust Mando + this "nurse" droid are my major SS1's representatives on display.

I'm REALLY struggling to resist POing Scout Trooper w speeder bike. 😂

Getting weaker...

BTW, besides the insane articulation(never had IG88) the paint apps may be the gold standard for metal and metal weathering. Even the rubber gasket ribs look metallic.

Yes I put him on the speeder bike...

I just saw your review before I got to this post! Excellent pose on the speeder bike. I have him and Heavy Mando preordered at BBTS and waiting for Deluxe Mando to ship at SS.

To me, the perfect companion to V.1 Mando until Cara, Greef or Kuill are coming (and we all know the odds for these to happen).

I'm REALLY struggling to resist POing Scout Trooper w speeder bike. 😂

Getting weaker...

BTW, besides the insane articulation(never had IG88) the paint apps may be the gold standard for metal and metal weathering. Even the rubber gasket ribs look metallic.

:lol

TBH time to time I think about canceling the Speeder bike; but - look it over again, think some more, and I don't. For me it's kind've a splurge. But it'll go so well with Mando and IG; and speeders featured in S1 and S2.

Ready for IG tho:impatient:

803c65dff055100b37dcbaf71c26d0f5.jpg

692ac7d6723e696f952d14c982dc2151.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me, the perfect companion to V.1 Mando until Cara, Greef or Kuill are coming (and we all know the odds for these to happen).

Yep, with so many Mando's coming, Durasteel Mando needs someone from the OG team. Seems like it's only IG-11 at this point....

How do the elbow and knee "pads" feel? They're the only things that worry me for the figure, I know it's Hasbro but the ones they used on IG-88's first release disintegrated for me and I pretty much never have peeling/pleather issues with any figures. I'm sure they're not bad, but just wondering how they'll do holding poses over time.

My only gripe with how this fig turned out (aside from the useless stand) is that bandoleer. I swear in pictures it almost looks like cardboard and has no drape.

My only gripe with how this fig turned out (aside from the useless stand) is that bandoleer. I swear in pictures it almost looks like cardboard and has no drape.

Well it lays on cardboard that’s for sure. Is the bandolier worse in person?

Back