Hot Toys The Suicide Squad speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
King Shark is guarenteed. Just look at him. If not I might dip my toes in a King Shark statue, which definitely will be released.

My predictions, seeing how the next DC movie is The Batman, which is releasing in 2022, almost a year from now; Harley (obviously), Peacemaker (adds John Cena to the HT collection), Bloodsport, and King Shark. Maybe Polka Dot man if the big man is feeling generous.

Where can I place my bets?

Last edited:
If King Shark is a power pose, HT can mass produce it. If King Shark is a Venom / Hulk kind of figure, HT can mass produce it.
Don’t get me wrong…I have no doubt that Hot Toys is more than capable of mass producing that figure.
I’m speculating that they simply didn’t factor a mass production plan into the development of that particular prototype because they didn’t need to because they knew that they had no intention of ever mass producing it.

Thanks for your direct input from Howard Chan's boardroom, but we'll wait for actual news thank you.
Speak for yourself on what “we’ll” wait for…personally I’ll go with my own, soon to be proven correct assumptions while you are more than free to keep waiting for news that’ll never arrive.

Since it came from jal76, it has to be facts! Undisputed facts!

What a Debbie downer...
Debbie Downer or maybe Ralph the Realist, call me whatever you want and believe whatever you want.
If you want to dream of having this figure on your shelf and that makes your world a brighter place, go for it, don’t worry about what I think. That said, I’m more than entitled to form my own opinion of the likelihood this figure being released regardless of whether or not that particular opinion keeps you up at night.

Harley’s comic inspired outfit is the one I want. Considering they’re happy to make 3 or 4 Harley’s a movie and they all sell, I think the chances are good for both.

Thanks for your direct input from Howard Chan's boardroom, but we'll wait for actual news thank you.
What’s with the snark? That’s how hot toys has been doing for years. They are an unreliable company unless it’s marvel or Star Wars and even that gets done wrong sometimes. You can wait for actual news all you want but given the history of how hot toys does things it’s better to keep hype at a minimum.
Hot toys sadly has been jerking it’s fans around for years. Especially DC fans

DC must not sell nearly as well as Star Wars or Marvel.

I'd love to see the King Shark figure actually being made. I'd also love a Harley Quinn figure from this film. Compared to the other films she's been in, this was my favourite appearance. Before seeing the film I was more interested in the "Arkham game" look, so to speak, but now I want the dress version. She kicked ass in that.

Sadly though, this still is DC, so who knows what we'll get.

Might be that the fact that's it's a James Gunn film (which appears to be excellently received by audiences) that gives it an edge over other DC properties. (HT knows how well their Guardians line did for instance.) But that might be very wishful thinking.

Just saw the movie on HBO Max. Great fun. Before I saw it I was only interested in Harley in her red and black uniform but now I would definitely add Ratcatcher 2 and King Shark to the list.

I really want a Ratcatcher 2. Great character and design. Plus light up feature possibilities.

Ratcatcher 2 and King Shark.

Inseparable.

vlcsnap-2021-08-07-12h33m07s445.png

vlcsnap-2021-08-07-12h34m03s076.png

King Shark and Harley, like many others have speculated, will be a given. I'd love to see

Bloodsport - talk about options for weapons!
Peacemaker - gun / ax / machete

Polka-dot Man would be killer, not really sure though what they could do with that, maybe a few alt heads (no goggles, goggles on and one head with the dots on it).

A two-pack of King Shark and Rat Catcher 2 would be a no-brainer!

AND...while his screen time was short, I'd love to see D.T.K. get a figure, even if it's by one of the other companies. Would be super rad to have the two arms on stands floating next to the body!

Hot Toy will view this as...how can we milk this for as long as we can, by creating the same figure with something different each time (aka Malibu Stacy). The film will do really well, they will eventually release something beyond King Shark, but not as fast as the 55th Iron Man or whatever the next Marvel film is.

Personally I gave up on HT years ago when their constant Disney cash grab was apparent. IF they do release some figures for this film, and they are not half-assed like some of the recent releases then I might consider plunking down the crazy amount of money they will be asking for.

I seriously doubt HT will make anybody from Suicide Squad. I still want the comic style look for Harley. I just don't think they will make her though.

I seriously doubt HT will make anybody from Suicide Squad. I still want the comic style look for Harley. I just don't think they will make her though.
They made 3 versions of her from Suicide Squad and are making 2 more from BoP, and IMO her look at the start of this movie would sell as well as the first SS version and probably outsell all of the subsequent versions combined. I won't be shocked if HT doesn't make it (I've been collecting too long for that lol), but it still seems pretty likely.

Back