Hot Toys: The Mandalorian The Child Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's something disturbingly amphibian-like about the SS one that impacts the likeness, even if it has the more realistic finish. HT's got my vote still at this point. The SS also seems to have either a serious fold or an ear seam as well there.

Yep. It has a big wrinkle in that same area. I won?t be surprised if the mass produced ones end up having that seam all around the ear like the HT one.

If you look there's a pretty obvious seam around the ears on both figures.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I don't think there's an obvious seem on the SS one, just looks like it from some angles because of the wrinkles.

the-child_star-wars_gallery_5e3204d04e300.jpg

the-child_star-wars_gallery_5e7e229b47507.jpg

Yep. People just want to rag on the Sideshow piece. Whereas for me I?ll be getting both, and I want them both to be great.
I like the hot toys version a tad more but still undecided if I'm going to get either. I hope they both turn out the way people are expecting.

The Sideshow proto is significantly better looking than the HT, and I am typically a much bigger fan of the look of HT stuff in general. It might not turn out this way in production, but I don't know how you can look at what we have seen so far and say the HT looks better.

The Sideshow proto is significantly better looking than the HT, and I am typically a much bigger fan of the look of HT stuff in general. It might not turn out this way in production, but I don't know how you can look at what we have seen so far and say the HT looks better.

Branding...

I honestly don't see anything likable in the SS expression so glad the HT is different than that.

But as for the a seam, there HAS to be a seam somewhere on the SS piece right? You can't create a mold to pull out a head like that with zero seams. I feel like people are looking at the Legacy Effects proto and are going to be severely disappointed with the Sideshow produced figure.

I feel like people are looking at the Legacy Effects proto and are going to be severely disappointed with the Sideshow produced figure.

This is the real kicker here. HT's finish will be almost as good as what they're showing with the prototype. SSC tends to be far from theirs. IMO this one is SSC's contest to lose, and historically they tend to blow it. I like the SSC expression better and would like one, but will wait to see how they turn out. I just don't trust the company to deliver on this, and bad finish will ruin the piece no matter how good the sculpt is.

I guess it is a branding thing for me. I've had more issues with SSC than HT. I trust HT to deliver a better product. Still, I can't say that I'm sold on either piece yet. Going to wait for production pics.

How could Hot Toys capture the adorability of The Child in 1/6th scale, yet failed in 1/1 scale?
Both SSC and HT have off areas. But SSC, at least proto version, seems less off.

Back