Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah they?ve been using that process for years now. It?s the finish of the paint that I?m meaning is so impressive. It looks lived in

Having only seen photos, I agree it looks impressive.

And from photos the yellowing on the Remnant Stormtrooper looked clumsier by comparison, and his paint chips reminded me of paint splatters as though he'd been doing some painting and decorating.

Not sure if there's a thread for the single trooper but this figure is really incredible. Instant man-in-suit vibes and the material for the boots is just perfect. The Sideshow figure was okay for me but always felt a little bit clunky and posed kinda weird. Plus the helmet issues of course.

I'm impressed that anyone can hold off the 2 years or whatever until the ROTJ version. I couldn't even wait the 6 months for SS to get stock so ordered from Hong Kong. :lol

Gonna try to take some more shots later this evening.

bb29955f460390aafbaf76e33545f06d.jpg

Great shot!

I agree. I am really looking forward to mine showing up.

Gonna sell my baby yoda from this set if anyone?s interested. In the U.K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if there's a thread for the single trooper but this figure is really incredible. Instant man-in-suit vibes and the material for the boots is just perfect. The Sideshow figure was okay for me but always felt a little bit clunky and posed kinda weird. Plus the helmet issues of course.

I'm impressed that anyone can hold off the 2 years or whatever until the ROTJ version. I couldn't even wait the 6 months for SS to get stock so ordered from Hong Kong. :lol

Dang. That looks incredible. Definitely a man in a suit look.

This a great shot Ton Ton! Look forward to seeing what you can do with it. ;)

I agree with you guys, the life-like proportions are dialed in, and the natural hand sculpt helps a lot I might add. After the first few reviews and pics by our members here, I added another single trooper to this po.

This a great shot Ton Ton! Look forward to seeing what you can do with it. ;)

I agree with you guys, the life-like proportions are dialed in, and the natural hand sculpt helps a lot I might add. After the first few reviews and pics by our members here, I added another single trooper to this po.

Thanks, endo1! Yeah, the relaxed hand sculpts are really great, and they're a rubbery material that meshes pretty seamlessly with the gauntlets.

Really forgot how fun it is to have a scout on the bike.

scout-01.jpg
scout-02.jpg
scout-03.jpg
scout-04.jpg
scout-05.jpg
scout-06.jpg
scout-07.jpg
scout-09.jpg
scout-15.jpg
scout-16.jpg
scout-10.jpg
scout-11.jpg
scout-12.jpg
scout-13.jpg
scout-14.jpg
scout-last.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics, TT.:clap

Are those boot gaiters made of a soft pleather material? Or more of a soft rubber sheeting? Do they seem like they might degrade?

Great pics, TT.:clap

Are those boot gaiters made of a soft pleather material? Or more of a soft rubber sheeting? Do they seem like they might degrade?

Thanks, Tali! I'm thinking it's like a thicker parachute material, so not getting a degrading vibe but I'll check again.

Thanks for the photos TonTon. Love Wicket attempting the old Grand Theft Auto jack move.
Seriously though, the Mando Scout really looks good with the ROTJ speeder. Almost like the Mando version was meant for it because of his weathering. The ROTJ one you think would go with the Mando speedbike.

:duff I realize now looking through the order of pics that Wicket should probably have been shown thrown to the ground since the scout seems to have handled the situation and is riding on his merry way in the next frame. :lol

Had to grab it, got a $25 voucher for my Mando and Grogu set being sent, so used it against this. I've been debating about it for months, originally wanted 2 but I think I'll get this and then a single scout trooper, also ordered IG-11 at the weekend, fully in on the Mandalorian figures now. I'm close to finishing my Avengers and Guardians sets so this is the next line for me to get into. Don't want all the figures though, just going to pick certain ones, this one looks too good to pass up on.

I absolutely regret not getting two full sets. The scout troopers scene has already become so iconic - one of the most iconic in all SW lore - that we’re all gonna reget not getting two. Will probablu get the extra single, but it won’t be the same.

The Mando bike and scout look amazing, they are hard to resist vs the pull of the possible Hot Toys ROTJ version. I like both but the weathering on the Sideshow version looks better in some ways, partly because its a brown (darker shade) bike with light scratches/paint chips coming through. It's especially noticeable around the front body of the bike. Can't wait to see what Hot Toys do with the weathering on the ROTJ version if it ever happens.

In the meantime I'm hesitating on the Mando version. I think I may pull the trigger. As ProtocolD points out, it was an iconic scene (too comical for some) but it gave the scouts a personality that you didn't get from the OT troopers. That gives it more of a draw for me. I can imagine those guys arguing in the canteen queue on the Death Star.

I'm interested if anyone has tried fitting Beskar Mando (minus fat suit and/or with Phicen M33 body) on the Hot Toys speeder bike. I think it would be a cool look. I prefer this bike design over the swoop. It's a classic.

My plans were to pass on this set and patiently wait for the inevitable RotJ version but Ton-Ton's pics got me thinking...

I think I'm going to pick up just the HT Scout Trooper and repaint a spare Hasbro Speeder Bike. Obviously not as detailed as HT's but I'm fine with it and get to save some bucks, in the process.

Great shots TonTon! HT did a terrific job again. How does it compare next to the SS version?

Back