Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha I?m not here to start a argument on a toy forum.
I?m just saying-I wouldn?t be holding out on buying this with the predetermined thought that they will be making a rotj version.
There is still a lot of sad people that waited for the back to the future part 2 Delorean that never happened But considered it a sure thing.
All hot toys vehicles have been a bit all over the place-now with shipping the way it is too.
There?s a lot of factors at play.
I?m just saying don?t squander an opportunity waiting for something that might not be coming....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You kinda already started an argument on a toy forum. Maybe you should let the fans and collectors believe what they want, as it is not your money, nor your waiting time involved here. :peace
As an OT Imperial collector, the Mando speederbike, no matter how cool it is, has no value to me. I'll enjoy the pics here, and the details posted by the collectors who got it, and together with other collectors who (might also) want the ROTJ version, we'll wait and see.

You kinda already started an argument on a toy forum. Maybe you should let the fans and collectors believe what they want, as it is not your money, nor your waiting time involved here. :peace
As an OT Imperial collector, the Mando speederbike, no matter how cool it is, has no value to me. I'll enjoy the pics here, and the details posted by the collectors who got it, and together with other collectors who (might also) want the ROTJ version, we'll wait and see.

Wow
Is this an argument [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787] okay then : peace or whatever you said I don?t want no beef [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's just fantasy-space-magic but looking at these photos, something occurred to me...if a vehicle's just levitating in empty space, how does it not get moved around when being leaned on or even mounted?

*pictures the bike sliding away and trooper landing on his ass*

I know it's just fantasy-space-magic but looking at these photos, something occurred to me...if a vehicle's just levitating in empty space, how does it not get moved around when being leaned on or even mounted?

Magnets

I love the quality of this set over sideshows. The ROTJ version is gonna be oh so good!!!

A Scout Trooper after a week on Endor would look like this figure anyway, those in ROTJ must have been freshly deployed that day.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Probably some in universe stability system :lecture

I was going to wait for the ROTJ version. Screw it. PO'd. Very cool figure indeed.

A Scout Trooper after a week on Endor would look like this figure anyway, those in ROTJ must have been freshly deployed that day.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

No, ewoks rerouted urine from the bunker latrine into the Imperial laundry and it was pee-yellow outfits from there on.:dunno:lol

No, ewoks rerouted urine from the bunker latrine into the Imperial laundry and it was pee-yellow outfits from there on.:dunno:lol

A better gag than Jar Jar stepping in poo doo. And certainly a better choice for a special edition "improvement" than Jedi Rocks :lecture

A better gag than Jar Jar stepping in poo doo. And certainly a better choice for a special edition "improvement" than Jedi Rocks :lecture

Maybe it was the drunk ewok humping Al Roker's leg on the today show, but I just imagine Ewoks having a dirty sense of humor. They would have gotten a major kick out of pee-yellow scouts.:rotfl

I think that's smart. Flip the kneepads around and call it good.

jkno would be the authority on this, but for those weighing "waiting for the ROTJ version" or not, here's a comp pic of the ROTJ vs Mando scout versions. Me... I'm getting both.:lol

The Mando and ROTJ scouts would obviously be interchangable for most people, the crisp white vs dusty yellow look being the main visual difference. But there are quite a few minor outfit differences. I've left out a few in these pics, like the Mando's more squared/sharp edged knee armor, the stomach-area pouches being more boxy in ROTJ, and minor differences to the grenade on the back.

This is ROTJ screencap, Mando screencap and HT figure:

2SaVLYn.jpg

Most obvious difference is so-called "saggy" chest armor (way taller than the ROTJ version) and the armor neckline on the back is more like a tank top in Mando and squared, not round. The peak above eye lens is flatter in Mando (more so on the figure than the costume) but more curved in ROTJ, and in Mando the shoulder armor is more straight and tube like and longer vs curved and smaller in ROTJ, the bicep armor is a somewhat different shape, buckle more square, and hip armor more boxy and fatter, and the airsccop backpack has differences.

This is ROTJ on left, Mando on right:

bKW6tf0.jpg

jkno would be the authority on this, but for those weighing "waiting for the ROTJ version" or not, here's a comp pic of the ROTJ vs Mando scout versions. Me... I'm getting both.:lol

The Mando and ROTJ scouts would obviously be interchangable for most people, the crisp white vs dusty yellow look being the main visual difference. But there are quite a few minor outfit differences. I've left out a few in these pics, like the Mando's more squared/sharp edged knee armor, the stomach-area pouches being more boxy in ROTJ, and minor differences to the grenade on the back.

This is ROTJ screencap, Mando screencap and HT figure:

2SaVLYn.jpg

Most obvious difference is so-called "saggy" chest armor (way taller than the ROTJ version) and the armor neckline on the back is more like a tank top in Mando and squared, not round. The peak above eye lens is flatter in Mando (more so on the figure than the costume) but more curved in ROTJ, and in Mando the shoulder armor is more straight and tube like and longer vs curved and smaller in ROTJ, the bicep armor is a somewhat different shape, buckle more square, and hip armor more boxy and fatter, and the airsccop backpack has differences.

This is ROTJ on left, Mando on right:

bKW6tf0.jpg

What a monstrosity. :lol

It's as though one of the Empire's manufacturing plants went into production using the wrong measurements. I hope the person responsible was well and truly force choked. :lol

Then, rather than putting the materials to waste, they assigned them to some lowly, half-forgotten unit in the Outer Rim.

For the series this must've been a design choice rather than an error since the difference is so drastic, to play up the humour of the scene and portray the languid nature of these losers. But, having gone with this armour choice, they reused them in S02E04 'The Siege'. Again they were used for comedy effect: two crash into each other, and one stands in front of the Troop Transport's guns.

I already pre-ordered the silly looking Mandalorian Shore Trooper just to have an example of the armour. Another $23 in points and I'll be getting the Scout as a joke to have an example of one of the Empire's not-so finest!

Yeah I think the Mando scouts are off the shelf collectibles/cosplay outfits: the EFX helmet and the Walt's armor kit (who also makes a kids size version) but jkno would know for sure. The flatter visor and gap on the side of the helmet looks like EFX.

Yeah I think the Mando scouts are off the shelf collectibles/cosplay outfits: the EFX helmet and the Walt's armor kit (who also makes a kids size version) but jkno would know for sure. The flatter visor and gap on the side of the helmet looks like EFX.

They really are a unique example of a Scout. Far more so than the 'Rogue One' Stormtrooper compared to the classic designs.

As such these need to be prefaced to differentiate them from the Scouts seen on Endor. You can't really term them 'Remnant' Scouts as elsewhere in the galaxy there are bound to be ex-Endor style Scouts in the Remnant army.

They appear in three episodes (S01E07-08 and S02E04), and all were on Nevarro. So I'll think of these as 'Nevarro' Scouts until they reappear on another planet.

Back