Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This doesn?t compare to OT Scout and Bike but it?s a nice filler. Happy to wait and for ROTJ versions.

100% agree. The rotj scout will be epic and I cannot double dip so I will wait for the rotj. But man, this set is awesome. The ss scout was pretty good, but this blows it away. Hot toys really hit a home run with this set.

Just get this one and sell it in 5 years when you get the ROTJ version. I doubt the value will go down anyway :dunno.

Pulled the trigger on this and IG-11 because I live recklessly.

Just get this one and sell it in 5 years when you get the ROTJ version. I doubt the value will go down anyway :dunno.

I didn't like the way HT did the weathering on the remnant stormtroopers and now I regret not picking a couple up. Not making the same mistake with this Mandalorian version of the scout and bike set. Two on order now.

The scouts and bikes were featured in two cool scenes and also blend well with other Mandalorian figures. Also I doubt the white bikes will ever be made again in 1/6 and the number made will likely be relatively small. I hope HT doesn't take low preorder numbers on these as an indication that ROTJ scouts and bikes are not worth making. They seem to have used similar stupid logic with other figures such as Terminator Endo.

100 percent agree.
This is not gonna go down in value-hot toys have done few vehicles and this is a long sought after one.
Of course the rotj version could come out but Im a far more casual Star Wars fan-I cant tell the difference from the troopers-nor do I really care.
Obviously the speeder is a different colour but for me this is all about the nostalgia.
And man Im stoked to get it.

This and my remnant stormtrooper will be my only Star Wars figures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It also sold out on release day in Hong Kong-something that doesn?t happen very often....

I was surprised in the video how much longer the cummerbund appears than in the promotional photos. It's actually up under the armour. Though the proportions look different.

scout-trooper_star-wars_silo.png

With the improved nappy, and the ease of inverting the elasticated knee guards, it's just the longer chest armour separating this from a ROTJ era scout.

This isn't a figure I would want to spend much money on because that chest armour is so uniquely different from ROTJ (and not very appealing). It reminds me of Dali's melting watches, as if the armour has stretched under its own weight, characterising the wearer's languid disposition.

The_Persistence_of_Memory.jpg

But I do have reward points starting to burn a hole, and because Sideshow has been giving them out regularly recently I'm looking at picking up a HT for the cost of shipping.

The scout is a contender, and as a cheap figure he would stand as a representation of a Remnant Scout without having to pass muster as a trooper from the Empire's prime.

The only other contender is IG-11 because he's a named character, but every time I look at the two options together I think IG looks a bit uninteresting by comparison.

scout-trooper_star-wars_gallery_5ea1cf894fe30.jpg

But I do have reward points starting to burn a hole, and because Sideshow has been giving them out regularly recently I'm looking at picking up a HT for the cost of shipping.

I'm hoarding reward points to get the Sarlacc Fett two pack for free or at least close to it. Sadly, I'm getting there:lol

I'm hoarding reward points to get the Sarlacc Fett two pack for free or at least close to it. Sadly, I'm getting there:lol

That's a lot of points! I'm only looking at the scout without the speeder.

As points now disappear after a year, collecting them doesn't feel as relaxed as it used to. If you hold onto them too long there might not be anything left you want to buy when you reach the point when you have to use them.

As it stands Sideshow only has two figures (Scout and IG-11) that I would want enough to consider spending shipping on. The Tank Trooper and Rogue One Shore Trooper are the outside options, but I've already pre-ordered the Transport Trooper and Mando Shore Trooper which I think are better looking versions.

I honestly do not understand how collectors are so off put by the Mando scout. Ah well.
I will be getting just the ROTJ trooper. I had getting doubles of the same figure but at least a ROTJ will be a slightly altered version of what I will be getting with this amazing Mando Set.

That's a lot of points! I'm only looking at the scout without the speeder.

As points now disappear after a year, collecting them doesn't feel as relaxed as it used to. If you hold onto them too long there might not be anything left you want to buy when you reach the point when you have to use them.

As it stands Sideshow only has two figures (Scout and IG-11) that I would want enough to consider spending shipping on. The Tank Trooper and Rogue One Shore Trooper are the outside options, but I've already pre-ordered the Transport Trooper and Mando Shore Trooper which I think are better looking versions.

Yes because of Sideshow's incredibly annoying change to reward points this is the last time anything like a free Fett two pack will ever be possible for me. The way I understand it, all my old points need to be spent before the end of this calendar year. All these damn delays are not making it any easier to get these points unloaded.

A RotJ version probably wouldn't be announced for quite a while I imagine. If it's announced next year, wouldn't be in hand until close to 2024 I bet. Three years is plenty of time to appreciate this one...assuming this actually gets into US collector hands sometime in 2021. The way things are going who knows.

I've always liked the Z4-7 bike in white. Brown is iconic, but there have been multiple Hasbro versions in white so I was personally happy to see it in that color on screen.

The ROTJ Scout Trooper and bike are inevitable and I understand people holding off for that version. These things take up space and space is generally a premium.

It should've been first and should've been released a long time ago, but it'll get here eventually. My guess is still 2023 for ROTJ 40th along with hopefully Boushh Leia and General Calrissian. Ackbar would be nice but that seems less likely.

I can wait. I’m going to be selling my PF speeder w/ scout, just focusing on characters in that larger scale. No vehicles, even though it’s a great piece.

I have Sideshow’s Scout, which isn’t a perfect figure, but it gets the job done. The Speeder Bike would be cool to have, but I don’t really have the space, and if I was to get one I probably would prefer the classic ROTJ one. Maybe eventually I’ll just pick up a Scout Trooper only from The Mandalorian.

I honestly do not understand how collectors are so off put by the Mando scout. Ah well.
I will be getting just the ROTJ trooper. I had getting doubles of the same figure but at least a ROTJ will be a slightly altered version of what I will be getting with this amazing Mando Set.

I'm too ignorant to be put off by specifics more uber SW fans spot. I didn't even want the Scout but he looks pretty good, to me. I may just keep him boxed. Or not.

Back