Hot Toys The Force Awakens Exclusive Stormtrooper Squad Leader.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, Freaks, either play nice or take it to PMs.

Don't make me bust out the Freaks Be Good Stick.
bat.gif
You've been warned.

Thread cleaned.

I didn't even have time to think about getting popcorn, missed the entire thing. Or maybe Snoopy posted to the wrong thread?

And you're comparing apples to oranges. This exact Stormtrooper is IN the upcoming movie. That right there is reason enough that people will buy these compared to EU characters nobody cares about, like that Shadow and Space Troopers.

Space Trooper was in ANH, albeit only for a second and very far off. Still, enough to not be considered EU.

Wish the SS ones had the TRU base, that is sweet! Since SS has been bending me over on shipping I have been taking my biz elsewhere, but these damn exclusives really make me mad. I hate paying inflated shipping from SS especially when they don't even double box their stuff. I've sent many emails and never got a response about the shipping costs. I miss the old days when SS gave two Sh**s about us.

The base is pretty awesome but I will just have to make do with the Sideshow version.

9172c6679264d22cac834c7b08e2d7d4.gif

Fun Coupons!:lol

I didn't pay much over what the normal would ship from sideshow. It's nuts paying that much for a stand. It is a neat figure and at first glance alone it appears really beefy. The thigh armor because it is so round like a cylinder lends to the thunder thighs, but when i stood him next to ANH TK he was really not that much bigger/thicker. It really is the smoothed, less defined armor that is accentuating the large proportions. The helmet is really nice. I didn't appreciate all of the contours till seeing a higher quality version in person. The mic hole looks like it is actually metal, but its so small I cannot really tell for certain. The upgraded E-11 is really cool and a fitting upgrade. I know the white is a turn off for many but the white guns go so well with the trooper.

The under suit is really flexible rubber and I don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing.:lol

The rubber arm and leg limbs from the shoulders to wrists and mid thighs to ankles are sewn into a pleathery body suit. Pauldron is definitely glued. I wonder if heated hot enough if it would just peel off as it looks like it is affixed right on the plastic very simply. Knee pads are not that great with the rubber have to futz them around a bit to get them too look natural and not shooting off at angles.

Overall great quality and detail as we have come to expect. Happy to have the first (order) of many.:)

Some detail pics and with a ANH ST.

*VERY* lame to have the pauldron glued/attached to the armor - this is definitely a figure I'll skip, but so far I've got the regular troopers on my tentative "to buy" list - but I'll watch the movie first. ;) This whole TFA being good is going to be problematic-long term.

Ok figure but wayyyy too expensive-too close to the mass produced upcoming figure for my tastes

My biggest problem with the figures are the under suit. I am really worried about posing them in any stance beyond museum. That said, I love the new design more,then the class is "I think."

Back