Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am assuming the bike got upgraded to the Batcycle at the end. Looked like added muscle power added to the engine and a bat fabrication over the front headlight. I need this. That Batcycle from The Flash looks like some locomotive lol.

On another note, the batmobile really makes an impressive entrance. That thing is a beast! Batman is terrifying in it.

How do you guys think this Batman stacks up to previous versions put out by Hot Toys?

I am a bit torn because I have stuck with a one figure per character rule since I started collecting four years ago and have managed to maintain it this far. Do you think this version could stand as really good single representation of Batman in a collection?

Btw I currently have the Arkham Night Batman, but he is displayed in my office so doesn’t count 😁

How do you guys think this Batman stacks up to previous versions put out by Hot Toys?

I am a bit torn because I have stuck with a one figure per character rule since I started collecting four years ago and have managed to maintain it this far. Do you think this version could stand as really good single representation of Batman in a collection?

Btw I currently have the Arkham Night Batman, but he is displayed in my office so doesn’t count 😁
I consider each actor’s take on Batman a different character so I don’t feel that would technically break your rule. DC also fully accepts the movies as separate multiverses that also contain the comics and video games too. So he’s probably Batman from Earth-2022 or something like that canonically and technically a different character that also goes by Batman.

I can appreciate not wanting to buy 50 different Batmans but if you really like a clearly new or different versions of the character, I wouldn’t put too much pressure on yourself to stick to the ‘rules.’ Collect what you want to collect and if you bend your self imposed rules rarely it’s alright. Most people couldn’t tell you the difference between Mandalorian season 1 and 2 looks but if you had a figure of each actor that played James Bond, people would clearly see the difference and representations of the character. I think Batman falls into that category too. From Adam West to Pattinson they are all unique enough to have each represented in the collection should you choose. No harm or shame in that.

I think as collectors we all have to decide for ourselves what and how we want to shape our collection. Having a well curated collection can be more impressive than an overcrowded one with everything in it. Some people will focus on individual characters or IPs and stick to just that. Others will have a figure or two representative of many IPs that represent their passions. There is no right or wrong way as long as it makes you happy and you don’t get irresponsible with the finances. The sooner we learn that lesson the better of we are and can usually enjoy the hobby a bit more than when we try to collect because it’s popular or wanting to impress someone.

I think this could be one of the best Batman figures made, if Hot Toys doesn’t drop the ball during production.

It sounds like the best solution would be to just build another entire office.

:lol

Which Hot Toys Batman figure currently represents the character in the one figure only collection?

Just got back from the movie and it definitely lived up to the hype for me and my best friend who isn’t a fan of Batman. She felt this was the best Batman film she’s seen. I won’t see it again in theaters, but will definitely when it gets released on HBOMax in 45 days. I’ll probably PO this eventually but not feeling the need to right away. Penguin was a stand out for me quite honestly. Loved what Collin Ferrel did with the character

Last edited:
So having now seen the movie I have a couple of questions relating to the figure:

1. The gun the figure is shown with...I don't recall ever seeing it?

2. Also...what's the holster for? lol

I am a bit torn because I have stuck with a one figure per character rule since I started collecting four years ago and have managed to maintain it this far.

mean-girls.gif

I do try to do the same, but the spirit of the rule is to keep me from buying every possible variant of a character, not to stranglehold me into passing on a new version I like better than what I already have.

Guys what do you think, will HT make another Batfleck from The Flash?

Good chance. Batman sells. I can’t imagine Affleck Batman will get a different suit for his final appearance so they can probably reuse a figure.

They’ll probably do something like a Movie Promo Edition with a film specific stand and accessory and get it out early.

Good chance. Batman sells. I can’t imagine Affleck Batman will get a different suit for his final appearance so they can probably reuse a figure.

They’ll probably do something like a Movie Promo Edition with a film specific stand and accessory and get it out early.
Armor plates are different but the suit underneath and cowl seems to be the Justice League version.

E75e8zBVIAUxmhM.jpg

Armor plates are different but the suit underneath and cowl seems to be the Justice League version.

View attachment 565521

F15FF8E9-623A-4787-BB47-DDB41413C643.jpeg

Yeah, I could totally see them just reusing the Justice League version and calling it a day if his role is as minor as it seems to save costs. :lol

Maybe the couple of tweaks to make it match the final production version.

I think this could be one of the best Batman figures made, if Hot Toys doesn’t drop the ball during production.

It sounds like the best solution would be to just build another entire office.

:lol

Which Hot Toys Batman figure currently represents the character in the one figure only collection?

Currently my only Batman is the Arkham Night Batman from the video game. He and Yhe Arkham Night Red Hood are the only DC based figures I own, all the rest are from Marvel.

So having now seen the movie I have a couple of questions relating to the figure:

1. The gun the figure is shown with...I don't recall ever seeing it?

2. Also...what's the holster for? lol
He uses an explosive from the gun near the end. But the gun itself is never seen. The holster could be meant for that gun or originally for a larger grapple gun. However we only see him use the ones on his wrist which are shorter.

Currently my only Batman is the Arkham Night Batman from the video game. He and Yhe Arkham Night Red Hood are the only DC based figures I own, all the rest are from Marvel.

Oh I thought you meant you had another Batman already but keep the Arkham version in the office separately to evade the one figure per character rule.

In that case yeah you should totally get this one. If you really want something it’s okay to bend personal rules. Easy enough to justify it any number of ways.

In this case, perhaps you can allow yourself one animated Batman (counting Arkham since it’s Conroy) and one live action Batman.

Back