Hot Toys Terminator: Genisys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say ht will make the endo from the new film and then everyone will splash the cash
and forget their hatred of the new movie :lol

I think Genisys is going to be better than people are thinking. Cameron talked it up and says he views it as the true third film so I think that says a lot. I've seen people on sites like Reddit and Twitter claiming to have seen it as well as a person on a different forum dedicated solely to the franchise saying it's good as well. I think the big thing to keep in mind when seeing the film is that it won't be as good as the first two, but I think if you go in with the right expectations it might surprise.

I think Genisys is going to be better than people are thinking. Cameron talked it up and says he views it as the true third film so I think that says a lot. I've seen people on sites like Reddit and Twitter claiming to have seen it as well as a person on a different forum dedicated solely to the franchise saying it's good as well. I think the big thing to keep in mind when seeing the film is that it won't be as good as the first two, but I think if you go in with the right expectations it might surprise.

I'm going to take the cynical point of view and say that this doesn't say more about the film than it does about the pay check they gave him. :(

I'm going to take the cynical point of view and say that this doesn't say more about the film than it does about the pay check they gave him. :(
Doubtful if you ask me. They're going to pay Cameron to ease the minds of some ******** fanboys? I don't think so.

It's a favor Cameron did for Arnold.
Arnold need/want a hit.
He's asked his friend to help.
The is nowhere as good as Cameron make it sounds.
It's a bad movie. But yet entertaining.
Could have been a very good follow up to T2 with the proper cast, production design and director.

Deleted most of this post and put in the other general T:G thread.

I am looking forward to see what they do with the Hot Tioys line just to look at the quality of the sculpts if nothing else. I doubt I'll buy.

Last edited:
The studios have a deal with Cameron where he publicly praises any Terminator sequel up until three weeks after release and then he's allowed to give his true opinion after that.

Cameron also praised T3 when it came out. And yet now suddenly Genisys is the ''real'' T3? What happened?
I don't remember him praising it. I don't think he bashed it either but it seemed like there were some reservations in the way he talked about it. He kind of hinted at doing certain aspects different I believe but did praise Arnold, which isn't surprising given that they're friends. Also I've read good reviews from a couple different places and at least one of them loved the first two films but not the third or fourth. I'm not expecting this to be on the same level but I'm willing to give it a chance.

Being a Terminator fan I understand the reservations everyone has with this film. There was a lot of disappointments with T3 and TS. I personally didn't hate the movies, but definitely felt they could have been much better than what they were. So far from what I've seen in previews it seem very intriguing. Especially adding the twist of john connor being somehow turned to a machine hybrid.

For everyone who is hating on it, no one is forcing you to go see it. For all of us who are on the fence, it will either be really good or really bad. I'd say it's worth a watch. The true test is how many times you want to re-watch it. I think all the Terminator movies were worth watching. Some just not worth watching more than once like T3 and TS. T1 and T2 I have watched hundreds of times and still enjoy watching them from time to time. That is the true test of a movie in my opinion. If nothing else Terminator fans, enjoy the show even if its only worth watching once. Cross our fingers that it's awesome and worth watching over and over gain like the first 2 that have become classics!

:goodpost: Well, I admit I love it already just because of Emilia. I hope it ends up being at least good enough for one viewing

Being a Terminator fan I understand the reservations everyone has with this film. There was a lot of disappointments with T3 and TS. I personally didn't hate the movies, but definitely felt they could have been much better than what they were. So far from what I've seen in previews it seem very intriguing. Especially adding the twist of john connor being somehow turned to a machine hybrid.

For everyone who is hating on it, no one is forcing you to go see it. For all of us who are on the fence, it will either be really good or really bad. I'd say it's worth a watch. The true test is how many times you want to re-watch it. I think all the Terminator movies were worth watching. Some just not worth watching more than once like T3 and TS. T1 and T2 I have watched hundreds of times and still enjoy watching them from time to time. That is the true test of a movie in my opinion. If nothing else Terminator fans, enjoy the show even if its only worth watching once. Cross our fingers that it's awesome and worth watching over and over gain like the first 2 that have become classics!

Well said :)

e.jpg

I don't believe a word that comes out of JC mouth anymore.:lol

James Cameron talks about T3 and ALIENS 5!

I'm surprised that they haven't shown anything yet! Hopefully something gets posted soon with the movie so close to being released.

I'm actually getting fairly excited to see a Terminator movie in theaters again.

It could end up pulling a Jurassic World, who knows. Not necessarily by being a great film (I don't think there's much chance of that) but just by being a non-Marvel film.

View attachment 192254

I don't believe a word that comes out of JC mouth anymore.:lol

James Cameron talks about T3 and ALIENS 5!
That's the same thing I found. He isn't really praising it though, he just isn't trashing it. He essentially makes it out like he'd have done some stuff different and to me it seems like he's holding back a bit and being professional. To be fair I don't hate Rise of the Machines either if it's taken as an Arnold action flick and not so much a Terminator film.

Back