Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that new picture is the best yet. What a likeness! That headsculpt is brilliant.

Cannot wait for this figure!

While i'm here, Merry Christmas Everyone.

This figure is living proof that we all see things differently. What you may see some others will not.

For anyone that missed the preorder date on the last teaser pic ........... its Jan 7. So i'd assume we'll have Wooksters pics up by the new year.

I will be getting 2-3.

Why the heck are we even comparing the NECA 12" and 7" line here. They are action figures, not high end collectibles. For a 7" and 12" action figure, they are damn good, but this is like comparing apples to oranges.

Now, lets compare Sideshow 12" to Hot toys.........naw, still not fair. A $50 1:6 versus a $150 plus one still aint right....

teaser_2.jpg

teaser_1.jpg

OMG!!!! SOLD !

Why the heck are we even comparing the NECA 12" and 7" line here. They are action figures, not high end collectibles. For a 7" and 12" action figure, they are damn good, but this is like comparing apples to oranges.

Now, lets compare Sideshow 12" to Hot toys.........naw, still not fair. A $50 1:6 versus a $150 plus one still aint right....

It always starts when someone (banned now) continues trolling how great NECA is in HT's threads. Thats all. Then it got into an insult match, NECA is this, NECA is that, etc, etc. I see no reason comparing NECA to this materpiece either. There is no comparison.

Sideshow was decent for its time, I mean, it costed $45.

I agree, expensive does not always mean excellent. I have NECA 18" Endo and Robocop, and must say those are some mighty fine products for $50. I used to have HT Endo but it didn't give me that menacing look I was interested in but I found NECA's Endo to be somewhat like T1's Endo.

Not saying HT Endo sucks, far from it. I want to get another hopefully when they re-release it sometime in the future, I'm pretty sure they would. Again, from price point, NECA has done an outstanding job with their figures, even the 7" T2 line is pretty awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Arnold & the Terminator, but I truly see nothing special about this sculpt & figure. It a good sculpt but it's not knocking my socks off...especially with the glasses off...and to be honest with the glasses on it looks just like the NECA 12"!!! Actually it's quite amusing how similar the two are, yet countless members on this forum contiously dismiss the comparison.

I love Arnold & the Terminator, but I truly see nothing special about this sculpt & figure. It a good sculpt but it's not knocking my socks off...especially with the glasses off...and to be honest with the glasses on it looks just like the NECA 12"!!! Actually it's quite amusing how similar the two are, yet countless members on this forum contiously dismiss the comparison.

I also have been scrutinizing this and the T-800 PF thread and think both are awesome in their own way. While this figure looks more how I would envision the t-800 (like on the movie poster), the PF seems to be more movie accurate for overall dimensions and size. I would like to own both. I also love the jawline in this figure for some reason, looks very bad ass, like he is snarling:D

I totally agree that SS needs to get a factory that can actually do a decent paint job. Some stuff has been great, but many of their human PF have a very dark look to them. One of the reasons, I have passed on 95% of them......its their call: either do quality work or I pass on everything

What kind of Weapons/Accesories are you guys thinking the figure comes with..we know shotgun..and a robotic arm right?...hopefully the grenade launcher..the mini-gun!..his colt pistol..so many!

Here is what i was refering to when i said the likeness resembles Defoe. Similar noses as well as the lips. Jaw line is just about the same....but what do i know im just an artist. :rolleyes:

9s7594.png

Either way ill still be getting this figure Defoe and all:lol

Everyone has their likes and dislikes, so why not leave it at that and stop arguing.

:), it's no time to be arguing like this is it?

Eh, I guess the mouth is somewhat similar with the lips, but other than that it looks like Arnold to me, not Elias.

I see the Defoe resemblence, but I think that just has to do with Arnold and Willem having similarly hard facial features. They both look like their faces were carved out of stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back