Hot Toys Terminator 1 T-800 1/4 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
d6cd64cc5f71072edbbc8b87b620a97c.jpg

It should be. Their Endoskeleton releases soon then their TDKR Batman. So it should be soon. I can't see them releasing more than 2 1/4 scale figures per year.

At that kind of pace imagine how long it would take to build the whole Avengers team. Avengers 2 will have come and gone. They'll still be making the Avengers 1 version of a particular character and then they'll decide to turn him into an Avengers 2 version like what happened with Loki. People will end up with a mish mash of a collection.

HT really have announced far too much. I'll be amazed if they can possibly handle it all.

Weve already seen a slight drop in QC. (with the "soft" less detailed paint apps) So I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make the 1/4 Avengers line. They might do one or two, But I doubt they'll do the whole team.

Not sure if anyone had this tiny issue with their HT 1/4 T-800 Endoskeleton, the front panel acting as one of the shins keeps popping out of it's place whenever I apply slight pressure to that leg. Would it be wrong to use SUPER-GLUE? The shin panel attaches to the main pipe which acts as the ankle at the bottom. You guys know what I'm talking about, right?

One really crazy thing about it is, those are both totally different Iron Men, requiring all new molds for all those bits and pieces. Unlike, say, Terminators that re-use woefully inappropriate bodies because that's just the best you can hope for. Pretty crazy to think about how much investment HT put into Iron Man vs. everything else.

Looking back at this thread is great, it's like the "historical" Batman Returns, X-Men, Prometheus threads that went on for years on end with zero information. Look at a-dev asking Voorhees if saw the Anchorman II announcement . . . and that movie came out back in 2013!

You can think back to all the movie and collectible releases between 2012 and 2015. All the things that went through the various stages of production. Lines like Iron Man 3, which didn't even exist yet when this was announced, are now fully decked out with over a dozen releases. Hell, when this was teased, Terminator Genisys wasn't even a thing yet! Think about that. Hot Toys were really full of themselves back in 2012 weren't they? I wonder how much $$$ they chocked on by buying up the licenses and sitting on them? In retrospect, it really does seem like they did those things just to spite Enterbay who were enjoying a small success at the time.

Back