Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really wish there was a custom cowl for this. The rest of the figure is so accurate but every time I look at the cowl the proportions bug me. Neck feels way too long and the cowl too elongated. I know it was noticeably narrower than the Begins suit but not as exaggerated as Hot Toys made it.

latest

I always display mine with the head tilted down to try and create the illusion of it looking closer to the real thing.

It is a nice figure, but I didn't like the size of the head and the thigh proportions so I ended up selling him. (which is a shame because it is otherwise a high quality piece)

It is a nice figure, but I didn't like the size of the head and the thigh proportions so I ended up selling him. (which is a shame because it is otherwise a high quality piece)

I can live with the thigh proportions, though I do see what you mean now I look at it again, but the head really bothers me. There is no way the cowl Bale wore was as narrow and elongated as HT made it. If you have him displayed above eye level with the neck fully exposed it looks ridiculous.

Could someone post pics of custom capes on the figure.
Also, how does it fit onto the figure as the QS001 has those pegs you have to fit the original with those pegs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's absolutely stunning, I only got it a few months ago (was waiting for the right price) but in the evening with artificial lights, this figure is unbeatable. Looks just like the real thing. Just try it, go into a room at night and put your lights on and look at it from a distance. Needless to say, but that Bale head scupt is perfect in hand. Not too big on the 1/4 Batman Begins but I would really like to have that younger Christian Bale head sculpt, looks awesome too.

For those interested in modifying the base i'll put these in here.

As nice and all that the diorama base is...it's darn frustrating to pose the figure on...so i decided to make a new custom top fitting for it...

View attachment 432431

The top and bottom parts are easy enough to disassemble as they're held together by four screws along with four small pegs.....i broke one of the pegs,but it's no big deal as the screws sufficiently hold the parts together(if i ever decide to reverse it back to stock)

View attachment 432432View attachment 432433

I cut the new top base from an MDF sheet....using the top stock base as a template for the shape. I used some black acrylic paint on the edges and then printed out,cut and pasted one of my favourite bat motifs from the movie.

View attachment 432436View attachment 432434

I finally finished off by cutting and added a thin piece of perspex to the top...held in place with small screws. Both the new top base and bottom base are also held securely together by screws.
View attachment 432435

Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

For those interested in modifying the base i'll put these in here.

As nice and all that the diorama base is...it's darn frustrating to pose the figure on...so i decided to make a new custom top fitting for it...

View attachment 432431

The top and bottom parts are easy enough to disassemble as they're held together by four screws along with four small pegs.....i broke one of the pegs,but it's no big deal as the screws sufficiently hold the parts together(if i ever decide to reverse it back to stock)

View attachment 432432View attachment 432433

I cut the new top base from an MDF sheet....using the top stock base as a template for the shape. I used some black acrylic paint on the edges and then printed out,cut and pasted one of my favourite bat motifs from the movie.

View attachment 432436View attachment 432434

I finally finished off by cutting and added a thin piece of perspex to the top...held in place with small screws. Both the new top base and bottom base are also held securely together by screws.
View attachment 432435

So you’ve seen the qs009 batman begins base right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
d1a112e36672c88763f5d160e9239768.jpg

Just picked this piece up - looking into custom capes. Is there a “best” one to keep an eye out for (since they’re likely not produced any more)

Just picked this piece up - looking into custom capes. Is there a “best” one to keep an eye out for (since they’re likely not produced any more)

I have a Tony Mei cape in mine. Takes it to a new level. Jaxon makes a good cape too.

Both Jaxon and Unreal Customs do amazing custom capes for this and pretty much all Batman figures. I tend to go with Jaxon for the slightly quicker turn around time and better value for money but really can't go wrong with either.

Back