Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the past six years, I have bought, sold, bought and then sold this figure. I must admit when you look at the pictures of this figure it is impressive, but in hand something is off. My thoughts were that it looked to much like a body builder toy with a giraffe neck and small head. And yeah, in hand, that cowl/faceplates are off!
I hope Hot Toys or some other company take a crack at this figure. The Dark Knight trilogy is my favorite Batman, but right now I don't have any figures left to represent him in my collection!

For the past six years, I have bought, sold, bought and then sold this figure. I must admit when you look at the pictures of this figure it is impressive, but in hand something is off. My thoughts were that it looked to much like a body builder toy with a giraffe neck and small head. And yeah, in hand, that cowl/faceplates are off!
I hope Hot Toys or some other company take a crack at this figure. The Dark Knight trilogy is my favorite Batman, but right now I don't have any figures left to represent him in my collection!

Wow and I thought I was indecisive!

What is off about the cowl exactly? I haven't seen it in hand yet but from the movie I always thought it was the thin neck that didn't look right. Main reason I prefer the Begins suit, it immediately lost that intimidation factor.

his neck is fairly thin and long on this suit though...

9151219980_cdd2bf84bd_b.jpg

The neck on the figure is pretty close (excuse the dust... I am very lazy).

DSC05233.JPG
DSC05234.JPG

Last edited:
You bought two?

That EB Batman is a thing of beauty. I hope the HT version can match it.

The materials and overall feel/construction will definitely be better. It’ll be actually fun to handle.

As a figure that’s just standing behind glass and being displayed 100% of the time though?

Never.

The materials and overall feel/construction will definitely be better. It’ll be actually fun to handle.

As a figure that’s just standing behind glass and being displayed 100% of the time though?

Never.

That's what I fear and it's one figure I really just want to leave in that one iconic pose.

In my opinion, for those who look for a better head sculpt and more quality, the PF Dark Knight Batman from Sideshow is the one. I own both of them, this figure and the PF, and once you have the PF, there is no turning back, and you can't look at the Hot Toys headsculpt anymore. So I have my QS001 with the Bale headsculpt.

In my opinion, for those who look for a better head sculpt and more quality, the PF Dark Knight Batman from Sideshow is the one. I own both of them, this figure and the PF, and once you have the PF, there is no turning back, and you can't look at the Hot Toys headsculpt anymore. So I have my QS001 with the Bale headsculpt.

Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pose kills the PF for me.

Re: Question on Hot Toys 1/4 Dark Knight Batman

Held by strong magnet.
Head won't fall off easily but it's not so strong it'll hold the whole body if you hold him by the head either.
Thank you for the reply. I very much appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sculpt isn’t bad but the eyes are too high up. Isn’t proportionate to how low his mouth is. Nice sculpt but on par with HT. Body proportions are better on PF overall.

Wow, I totally disagree, to me the PF is far superior:

comparacionPFvsHT.jpg

To name a few:

*The eyes. The hoy toys one, has huge eyes, totally oposito to most part of the movies, where Bale has squinty eyes. PERS or ERES is not situable for Bale Batman.
*The texture of the cowl. The PF has a beautiful flat texture, just like in the movies, while Hot Toys one has a porous texture. Why hot toys? is that a mass production limitation?
*All Hot Toys Bale Batman, the QS001, the DX02, The DX12, The Armory one, all of them has the back of their heads stupidly flat. How come hot toys can't tell that a real human being can't have the back of his head that flat!

On the other hand, the PF has a perfect back of his head:

PF4.jpg

I'm not saying the QS001 is a bad figure, just saying if you have to get one and only one, get the PF.

PF3.jpg

As I'll always take a figure over a statue, QS001 all the way for me.

The PF is still really nice though, but I find the pose to be a bit awkward as others have said.

Got the SWAT fight look going for him again. Wish the eyes looked a little less dead when I have him displayed on the shelf, unlit.
8506bb37042c5394519e972d6c56473c.jpg

Back