Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got one of these coming in the mail, should be here by Thursday or Friday, can't wait to see this in hand. :)

Congratulations! This is a really great figure. I know you must be very excited anticipating it showing up. Just know your money was well spent and that you will be very impressed when you have it in hand. Enjoy!

FOT5FE.JPGWP_20160403_007 (3).jpg

If anyone wants a Tony Mei cape for this figure, PM me for details. I considered the figure for a long time, but i just can't pull the trigger so i have no use of the cape.

Delivery came early and got this beast in hand. I was actually surprised at the softness of the rubber on the suit compared to the DX12/Armoury batman. I really like this piece and the pose-ability is far better than the 1/6 scale version.

Delivery came early and got this beast in hand. I was actually surprised at the softness of the rubber on the suit compared to the DX12/Armoury batman. I really like this piece and the pose-ability is far better than the 1/6 scale version.

Congrats! Just got this a few weeks ago from a fellow board member myself and the quality is just ridiculous it grows on you more over time too there are so many options for posing it's hard to keep in any one pose! Although the base is such garbage it limits a lot of what you can do I spent a lot of time trying to get the posture right cause of the rocks they planted on the base

I really really really want to get into 1/6 figures but at this point, I almost feel like I'm wasting my money on a figure in 1/6 if its just gonna turn around to be released in 1/4. I'm hoping we can get every Dark Knight Trilogy character in 1/4. A Bane to compliment Batman and Joker would be incredible.

It's a shame they haven't expanded the range of figures available in this scale. I need some company for my Bale. Would also like some BvS figures.

That's is the biggest negative with 1/4 collecting at this point. Very few complete sets or complimentary pieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true. However, what is lacked in quantity and diversity is made up for in quality. I guess 1/4 is just still too niche in the figure world for companies to really go all in on it (other than Enterbay). I dont know. I just think they're all missing out on a great opportunity to make tons of money off of it. I could be wrong but I really doubt it. 1/4 is pretty much the perfect figure size in terms of detail meeting poseability without crossing into the realm of being a statue. In my opinion of course.

Yes. I would snap up a Bane, Joker and Begins suit. I would very happily buy any BvS Bats n Supes.

I would love to hear the real story behind Enterbay's exit from 1/4 scale (outside of a few figures here and there like Mr. Bean). I've heard that Hot Toys bought up a bunch of license just to keep them out of Enterbay's hands. Don't know how true that is though. Something definitely made them change course. I'm sure that we would have seen a Bane from them and they are the ones who actually produced a Joker to go with their Batman.

1/4 scale will probably remain a niche market due to the size (harder to display) and cost of each figure. If Hot Toys trickles out 1-2 new figures a year I'll be happy. I would love for them to go back and do their own Joker or a Bane at this scale.

1/4 scale is the best. When I first started collecting I only did 1/4 scale and then once I had everything I wanted in quarter scale which isn't much, I had to move down to 1/6 or stop collecting. My wallet would have been happier if I stayed in the quarter scale :rotfl

1/4 scale is the best. When I first started collecting I only did 1/4 scale and then once I had everything I wanted in quarter scale which isn't much, I had to move down to 1/6 or stop collecting. My wallet would have been happier if I stayed in the quarter scale :rotfl

I was a 1/6 scale collector for the past 8 years and only started into 1/4 scale earlier this year. I've sold lots of my 1/6s and now have QS001, QS003, QS005 and Enterbay Batman. lol. I've got room in my display for 4 more 1/4s so I'm eager to see what else Hot Toys or Enterbay come out with. I can't see buying any more 1/6s as they feel so underwhelming now.

Yep, I used u-bolts and dropped a shelf down. Right now I've got 4 detolfs. The top shelf in each of them is 1/6, then in the ones with my 1/4s I've got 2.

20160404_191921_resized.jpg

Are you displaying yours in a detolf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20160404_192005_resized.jpg
    20160404_192005_resized.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 170
Back