Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about Spindrift but I have! :clap
I spent most of my summers there when I was young and I speak Greek fluently (with a French accent).
H mana mou inai Hellinida, megalossa stin Gallia kai zo stin Ameriki.
Patrida!!! :hi5::1-1:

Έλα πατρίδα!:hi5: Αν έρθεις ξανά κάποιο καλοκαίρι, να κανονίσουμε να συναντηθούμε! :1-1:

I'm saying the sanding of the shoulders has already been done.

Yes, there is more to do. I am not satisfied with simply heating the shoulder pads and trying to reshape them. The results were not what I hoped, so I have new ideas.

I'm saying the sanding of the shoulders has already been done.

Yeah I know I misread that and was about to edit my post then but you beat me to it. :slap

Do you any pics of the sanded one shoulders?

Yes, there is more to do. I am not satisfied with simply heating the shoulder pads and trying to reshape them. The results are not what I hoped, so I have new ideas.

Like what? :huh

Maybe it's because of the suit it looks toyish blown up at 1/4 scale whereas the Terminator figures have more realistic outfits? :dunno

See for me it's the exact opposite. After having the QS for over a week now. And always looking at it. When I look back at my DX12. The dx12 seems alot more toyish to me.

See for me it's the exact opposite. After having the QS for over a week now. And always looking at it. When I look back at my DX12. The dx12 seems alot more toyish to me.

Well it's smaller so it probably looks more toyish because of that. Its more like a a little action figure whereas this figure is bigger and has more presentation. However, because the suit looked toyish on the DX12 maybe when you blow it up to this scale it looks more toyish. :dunno

There is something to this. If I could go back in time I'd un-buy this figure.

Too late now. I'm knee deep in mods.

Your tips for the EB bats helped mine look fantastic.

If you still want to sell your HT bats let me know, I'm sure your mods will only make it look better!

Well it's smaller so it probably looks more toyish because of that. Its more like a a little action figure whereas this figure is bigger and has more presentation. However, because the suit looked toyish on the DX12 maybe when you blow it up to this scale it looks more toyish. :dunno

To me the QS has more of a statue look to it. The way mine is posed. Doesn't look toyish IMO. But everyone sees things different.

To me the QS has more of a statue look to it. The way mine is posed. Doesn't look toyish IMO. But everyone sees things different.

No I agree, but I mean say if the suit looked really fake looking at 1/6th scale then blowing up the suit to 1/4 scale will make it look more fake looking. I am not saying this is the case but that would explain why Maglor said at 1/4 say it looks like a Mattel figure because the suit looked fake to begin with at 1/6th scale. Do you get what I mean?

No I agree, but I mean say if the suit looked really fake looking at 1/6th scale then blowing up the suit to 1/4 scale will make it look more fake looking. I am not saying this is the case but that would explain why Maglor said at 1/4 say it looks like a Mattel figure because the suit looked fake to begin with at 1/6th scale. Do you get what I mean?

Yes, I can understand why he might feel that way. One thing that really helps the QS is the fact that the boots and shoulder pads are alot nicer. But if those 2 things were the same design as the dx and blown up to 1/4 scale. Then I would agree that it would really look toyish.

Yes, I can understand why he might feel that way. One thing that really helps the QS is the fact that the boots and shoulder pads are alot nicer. But if those 2 things were the same design as the dx and blown up to 1/4 scale. Then I would agree that it would really look toyish.

Yeah the boots did suck on the DX12 but I meant if the overall fabric suit with rubber chest plates etc suit looked toyish or fake at 1/6th scale then at 1/4 scale it would look even more fake and toyish. Not saying this is the case though, just giving an explanation as to why I can see how others might think that way.

Yeah the boots did suck on the DX12 but I meant if the overall fabric suit with rubber chest plates etc suit looked toyish or fake at 1/6th scale then at 1/4 scale it would look even more fake and toyish. Not saying this is the case though, just giving an explanation as to why I can see how others might think that way.

Agreed. Not gonna lie. When I first pulled him out of the box. I got that feeling a little bit, mostly because I wasn't used to the size. ( first 1/4 scale fig). But once I got him set up in a decent pose. Those feeling went away quick. Now I just think it looks bad *** standing there on the shelf. :)

Agreed. Not gonna lie. When I first pulled him out of the box. I got that feeling a little bit, mostly because I wasn't used to the size. ( first 1/4 scale fig). But once I got him set up in a decent pose. Those feeling went away quick. Now I just think it looks bad *** standing there on the shelf. :)

Do you have him displayed in LED lights? The pics I have seen of this figure in LED lights make the suit look very realistic! :yess:

Do you have him displayed in LED lights? The pics I have seen of this figure in LED lights make the suit look very realistic! :yess:

Not yet. I'm planning on getting him some type of case in the future. Probley go with the Master light house case. He looks pretty sweet in those from what I have seen.

Thank you for all the advices. Toyish or not toyish like. I decided to go in the 1/4 route. Check on bbts dx12 goes for like 400-500$ Plus $$ to modify the fig. QS batman is 545 shipped. And this will go well with my 1/1 HCG DK Batman. I am learning and really appreciate the advices and tips i'm reading here. Can't wait to get mine and be able to appreciate the figure.

Not yet. I'm planning on getting him some type of case in the future. Probley go with the Master light house case. He looks pretty sweet in those from what I have seen.

Yeah he does that lighting can make all the difference from making the suit look more realistic and less toyish from what I have seen.

Back