Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only if they can get her butt right.. :lol It looks awful on the 1/6th scale version.

Outstanding :). Certainly not movie accurate let alone accurate to Anne lol. You know, theres a lot of bickering on here about things I don't care about. Getting the backside of a woman scaled and replicated properly is something thats certainly got my attention.

i see everyone wanting 1/4 scale figures now, but i think HT is only doing key characters, don't see them doing multiple key roles in the licenses they have. I'm thinking it'll be a one or two character per 1/4 license. Can't see them pulling a EB like having T800, BD T800 and now T1000. One can hope but i thought i heard in an interview with Howard Chan saying they're holding off on 1/4 scale other than the figures already announced.

i see everyone wanting 1/4 scale figures now, but i think HT is only doing key characters, don't see them doing multiple key roles in the licenses they have. I'm thinking it'll be a one or two character per 1/4 license. Can't see them pulling a EB like having T800, BD T800 and now T1000. One can hope but i thought i heard in an interview with Howard Chan saying they're holding off on 1/4 scale other than the figures already announced.

All the way up until the demand becomes too unbearable for him to deny his company the money that will undoubtedly accrue from it. I really just think its a matter of profit. They may do one or two characters and move on but I highly doubt they'd leave the scale alone knowing the gain they'd get by investing more characters into it. It's business. A company says one thing and does another whenever the reward proves worthy enough. Once more people get this figure in hand and own the EB TDK line along with investing in the NECA 89 and 66 Bats, the demand is gonna be ridiculous for 1/4 Batman figures. Just like 1/6 people are gonna want more and more to fulfill their growing 1/4 collection. I, for one, can personally attest to that. I have to imagine it will be no different with others.

All the way up until the demand becomes too unbearable for him to deny his company the money that will undoubtedly accrue from it. I really just think its a matter of profit. They may do one or two characters and move on but I highly doubt they'd leave the scale alone knowing the gain they'd get by investing more characters into it. It's business. A company says one thing and does another whenever the reward proves worthy enough. Once more people get this figure in hand and own the EB TDK line along with investing in the NECA 89 and 66 Bats, the demand is gonna be ridiculous for 1/4 Batman figures. Just like 1/6 people are gonna want more and more to fulfill their growing 1/4 collection. I, for one, can personally attest to that. I have to imagine it will be no different with others.

I agree that the money is there and will increase with this figure breaking everyone's no 1/4 scale figure rule. I can attest to 1/4 scale, always welcomed it and with 5 1/4 scale figures already. One can only hope HT will make more. But i can't see them making more than one or two characters per license at least for another year or two at least. I still await their Avengers and Predator 1/4 scale line.

It's entirely possible that Howard chans comments were said to spite PI and EB. Look at how many 1/4 EB have produced thus far? I know PI haven't released any yet, but look at how aggressive they are with their future 1/4 line.

All HT have shown so far are announcements, teasers (and I use that very loosely), one actual released product and one upcoming that took about a year to release. I think HC wants to be in a position where he wants to convince people that he and his company arent bothered by other companies and their releases, when in fact he is nervous. Mental gymnastics if there ever were.

I could be wrong, but seeing how HTs for the past few years have played catch up and made announcements only when their competition made announcements, i could be right.

" Hello from Sideshow,

Thank you for your interest in the Batman (TDKR) 1:4 Scale Exclusive Figure by Hot Toys (Item:9019251).

Because you currently have an active waitlist reservation for an Exclusive Figure, we would like to notify you that a limited number of Non-Exclusive Batman (TDKR) 1:4 Scale Figures (Item:901925) are NOW AVAILABLE for pre-order. "

Hope this help you guys ;)

I agree that the money is there and will increase with this figure breaking everyone's no 1/4 scale figure rule. I can attest to 1/4 scale, always welcomed it and with 5 1/4 scale figures already. One can only hope HT will make more. But i can't see them making more than one or two characters per license at least for another year or two at least. I still await their Avengers and Predator 1/4 scale line.

I agree. For the time being what we see is what we're getting. What they've announced is merely taking their word for it. I'll believe it when I see something concrete.

It's entirely possible that Howard chans comments were said to spite PI and EB. Look at how many 1/4 EB have produced thus far? I know PI haven't released any yet, but look at how aggressive they are with their future 1/4 line.

All HT have shown so far are announcements, teasers (and I use that very loosely), one actual released product and one upcoming that took about a year to release. I think HC wants to be in a position where he wants to convince people that he and his company arent bothered by other companies and their releases, when in fact he is nervous. Mental gymnastics if there ever were.

I could be wrong, but seeing how HTs for the past few years have played catch up and made announcements only when their competition made announcements, i could be right.

Of course thats a reasonable assumption. You very well could be right. I just don't see why Chan would be nervous. Hot Toys is in the drivers seat. I absolutely love EBs efforts with their TDK line (despite the qc issues). I think the figures are world class and i'm never willingly parting ways with my OC Bats.

Looking at what HTs just produced with this Batman, i'm feeling like they should have no worries. Of course there is competition in business but you don't see Walmart worried about Target. Mcdonalds doesn't fear Burger King. The point is that HT has established itself as king of the hill. Others are going to try to climb but it's gonna take nothing short of a miracle to dethrone them.

LOL, just got email that SSC has the non-EX version back up for preorder, haha

" Hello from Sideshow,

Thank you for your interest in the Batman (TDKR) 1:4 Scale Exclusive Figure by Hot Toys (Item:9019251).

Because you currently have an active waitlist reservation for an Exclusive Figure, we would like to notify you that a limited number of Non-Exclusive Batman (TDKR) 1:4 Scale Figures (Item:901925) are NOW AVAILABLE for pre-order. "

Hope this help you guys ;)

I just got that email too, at first glance I thought my EX waitlist converted. :( :lol

But I know there are many who'll get it before me.

Back