Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see what you are saying but 1/6th figures look too toyish an action figure look to me. However, they have their advantages as it is easy to create and design dioramas for them. So when I want to have back ground dioramas I will chose 1/6th for them. For example I would not consider a 1/4 scale MCU Dirorama for the EB joker.

When it comes to wanting something that has real presence and looks like something that belongs in a museum I go for 1/4 and above. However, like you said where does it end 1/2 or 1:1? for me it ends at 1/3rd but ideally 1/4. I am just not interested in anything bigger than that scale as I don't feel I need nearly an item that is either half the size or is the size as a whole person in my room.

I don't know. If I had the money, the space, and the option, I would totally own a screen used Bale Batman suit.:lecture Realistically, though, I agree that 1/4 scale figures are the show stoppers. They seem to really tie a room together, from all the pics I've seen. As far as 1/6th scale goes, though, there are some really awesome opportunities to literally recreate scenes from the films with all of the different dioramas and such. So, I agree wholeheartedly on that front.

I think we can assume that there'd be another teaser within this week, followed by the final product pics. I'm guessing it would be Spider-Man.

You think we'll see Spidey first? On a purely selfish note, what's another week? There've been 1/6th scale Spider-Man Hot Toys before, but there's never been a 1/4th scale Batman Hot Toy.:lol

lol, people was the same when the DX12 first arrived... of course the time gave the reason to me. And now everyone agrees with me about the DX12.

Dear God, are you going to troll this thread too? :horse
You are delusional, many people think the DX12 is a terrific figure.
Some love it, some kinda like it and others hate it.
Your problem is immaturity, you cannot accept others opinions when they don't square with yours.

To be fair, I think it was kind of warranted in the DX 12 thread, though. Especially now. I'm not trying to troll or anything, but look back at the DX 12, then look at this. When you see what HT is capable of (the QS) it makes the DX 12 look even worse than it was. That's what rush jobs are, though. When you see what HT has accomplished with a little over a year to work on a figure since the proto pics, and compare it to the 4 month delivery of the DX 12, it kind of cements that "good things come to those who wait" ideology.

I don't know. If I had the money, the space, and the option, I would totally own a screen used Bale Batman suit.:lecture Realistically, though, I agree that 1/4 scale figures are the show stoppers. They seem to really tie a room together, from all the pics I've seen. As far as 1/6th scale goes, though, there are some really awesome opportunities to literally recreate scenes from the films with all of the different dioramas and such. So, I agree wholeheartedly on that front.

I don't really have the space for them and TBH I guess part of me whats something that's more of an icon or figure of the real thing rather than having something that looks like I have the real person or suit at 1:1 scale in my house.

So it's either 1/6th or 1/4 to 1/3rd for me. Even 1/3rd is pushing it.

Dear God, are you going to troll this thread too? :horse
You are delusional, many people think the DX12 is a terrific figure.
Some love it, some kinda like it and others hate it.
Your problem is immaturity, you cannot accept others opinions when they don't square with yours.

:lol

Yeah I think the opinion for the DX12 is varied like you said.

I don't really have the space for them and TBH I guess part of me whats something that's more of an icon or figure of the real thing rather than having something that looks like I have the real person or suit at 1:1 scale in my house.

So it's either 1/6th or 1/4 to 1/3rd for me. Even 1/3rd is pushing it.

:lol

Yeah I think the opinion for the DX12 is varied like you said.

I think that's where that second thing I listed comes into play: space.:lol I doubt I'd have a screen used Batsuit in, say, a one bedroom apartment or even my current living space, but, in an environment equally extravagant (the odds are that if you've got the cash to throw down on a Bale worn Batsuit, you probably aren't living in a cardboard box), I'd be down for it. As I said though, the odds are against my ever having that kind of space, so, realistically, 1/4 scale is probably about as big as it gets.:lol

I'm starting to really wonder if this is gonna indeed come with the Bruce head or not. Why won't they display it at these shows? I mean they got the damn Zod head sculpt out and he isn't coming out for another year. But Bruce Wayne is coming out this month? :dunno

I'm starting to really wonder if this is gonna indeed come with the Bruce head or not. Why won't they display it at these shows? I mean they got the damn Zod head sculpt out and he isn't coming out for another year. But Bruce Wayne is coming out this month? :dunno

The only thing that I can think is that they're teasing us. They show us two improved faceplates at SDCC, two at STGCC, and then they keep the big reveal of the Wayne head for the in-hand pics. It's far too important to not include, or, at the very least, not to announce that you aren't including it, IMO.

The only thing that I can think is that they're teasing us. They show us two improved faceplates at SDCC, two at STGCC, and then they keep the big reveal of the Wayne head for the in-hand pics. It's far too important to not include, or, at the very least, not to announce that you aren't including it, IMO.

Agreed, it is very important piece to not include. Just seems strange to me that they still won't show us by this point. It must be really awesome then. :)

Do you guys think the BW head won't look as lifeless as their female sculpts as it did in the prototype?

when you think that will leave the realese? I want lots of pictures

It's said to be available in Hong Kong in September, so it could be anytime between now and the 30th.

Do you guys think the BW head won't look as lifeless as their female sculpts as it did in the prototype?

I'm not sure what you mean by "lifeless," but the truth is that no one really knows until we see it.

It's said to be available in Hong Kong in September, so it could be anytime between now and the 30th.

I'm not sure what you mean by "lifeless," but the truth is that no one really knows until we see it.

His pupils looked like he wasn't a real person unlike some of their other sculpts, do you think they fixed it?

Am I the only one who dislikes this figure?

I wouldn't say I dislike it, as I don't actively see much wrong with it, but I'm over 1/4 scale in general. I got my EB TDK set and that's enough for me. The improved cowl looks good, but still off to me in some ways. With the sheer amount of modding I had to do to my DX12, I see enough wrong with this one that I don't think spending $400+ on it is a good idea.

1236467_305687182904968_279592057_n.jpg

1240602_305687232904963_2022991361_n.jpg

1236097_305687252904961_137984329_n.jpg

1238936_305687346238285_1222541716_n.jpg

Back