Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good! I'm impressed they changed anything from the DX12, I wouldn't mind if they applied these changes to another 1/6 Bats (though I know some people have had enough :p ). Still waiting for the Photoshopped pictures with lines and diagrams explaining why it still isn't as good as EB's work. :lol

Actually, based on this picture alone, there's not really a whole lot to nitpick. Don't believe me? Go back and look at the proto pictures. This guy has come a very long way. Seriously, anybody who was bashing this figure had every right. It blew compared to what it is now.

It's an improvement, but the cowl is still too narrow.

Nope. At that angle, the narrowness is accurate.

total-batman-dark-knight-rises-001.jpg

27260383-FF6A-41F9-8B65-20D72B7AFA8F-34983-000003CF4F73E0EF_zpsb66cc602.jpg

He is looking damn fine.

Actually, based on this picture alone, there's not really a whole lot to nitpick. Don't believe me? Go back and look at the proto pictures. This guy has come a very long way. Seriously, anybody who was bashing this figure had every right. It blew compared to what it is now.

:exactly: :goodpost: :exactly: :goodpost:

I was one of the hardcore complainers, but I felt, and still feel, that, as long as they corrected the important parts, the minor flaws were, and are, a non-issue.

I was one (of many) nitpickers who *****ed about the mouthplates looking weird. You're welcome. :wink1:

Yep, the flaws and awkward looking parts really would've stood out at this scale. These changes make it a lot more tempting for me, even though I probably still won't get it. Still, if HT fixed this based on complaints, it's encouraging that they might be paying attention to the fans, at least to some degree. :)

I was one (of many) nitpickers who *****ed about the mouthplates looking weird. You're welcome. :wink1:

Thank you, comrade.:hi5: :lol

All I remember was the guy that was telling me, or, rather, John Roberts, to go **** myself and commit suicide because I had no life and the figure was perfect. I wonder what he's saying now...

Thank you, comrade.:hi5: :lol

All I remember was the guy that was telling me, or, rather, John Roberts, to go **** myself and commit suicide because I had no life and the figure was perfect. I wonder what he's saying now...

:hi5:

We need more pics! :gah:

All those people customizing their DX12's must have contributed to HT's motivation to improve it.

Nope, I'm pretty sure it was just me and Batfan. :lecture

:lol

So much empty space cut out around the bottom of the head of the DX12, where it connects to the neck. That pic really shows how weird that looked. I hope the neck fits snugly into the head for this one.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!

BY ODIN'S BEARD!!!

That looks effin fantastic!!

I was sold on the proto, but this....THIS...THIS IS EXTRAORDINARY!!

goes to show, when you make your voice heard, it actually can make a difference. Granted I didn't complain too much about this piece like I have with HTs other offerings (sadly what I did complain about, nothing happened)...but still...just...wow.

Lesson to learn here? Don't cast the vocal ones in the fire.

Except for the ones that sound like a broken record and continue to complain post release.

My hype went to 11 right now.

@Dominishin

Well, in a lot of ways, this could actually be considered a poor business decision. The figure before was a poor attempt that was brought up to "meh/decent" level because they included pretty much every single thing that was featured along with that costume in the films. However, since they've made tremendous strides in improving this since the prototype, I'd say that this figure has reached "definitive" level, and, therefore, pretty much shuts down the option of revisiting the character as a "2.0" in the future.

However, I think it's done wonders for customer relations, and it's certainly reinstilled my faith in HT, it's also got me hyped for their 1/4 scale Begins Batman that iMan was talking about.

Lens distortion, I believe.

I hope they reshape the cowl. DX12 cowl is terrible.

cowlg.jpg

The faceplate is a joke. His upper lip extends past his lower lip. The neck is short and stocky like a chode. The forehead area seems off. The eyes are clearly an issue.. That headsculpt is just a complete joke.

The faceplate is a joke. His upper lip extends past his lower lip. The neck is short and stocky like a chode. The forehead area seems off. The eyes are clearly an issue.. That headsculpt is just a complete joke.

The only way that's Bale is if it's Bale somewhere in between making a fish face, and making fart noises.:lol

Back