Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh, I'm still buying this. Haters just gonna hate over something no matter what.

I think the HT sculpt is miles better but what do I know :)

Still would really like to pick this one up if the price is right. The Enterbays don't interest me as I want to most representative and inclusive 1/4 Batman on my shelf since it will be my only QS figure.

The right one screams Bale to me...from the nose up. At first I thought the chin was all that needed fixed, but I think that the mouth needs some tweaking, too.

Isn't it supposed to? It's Bruce Wayne from TDKR. :dunno

He didnt look old and hagard tho, he looked gaunt. If anything the right sculpt is too jowly. It's a problem with their sculpting methods tho, T-800 was the same, looked about 20 years older then he should have, and looked characatur-ish. And weirdly, the 1/6 bale sculp is more recognisable the. Their 1/4 effort. No idea why.

552734_10150996321767113_531990439_n.jpg

None of them are perfect but I like the one to the right more. :dunno

Edit: Enterbays headsculpt reminds me of Peter Weller for some reason. :lol

Lol, glad to see I'm not alone in that - I just posted this on the EB thread:

I know the left-hand head must be Christian Bale because the sculpt does sort of remind me of him (and Peter Weller, too), but who's the HT head supposed to be?

comparing both of those sculpts from one angle is pointless. Every photo of the EB Bale head I've seen looks really bad. The 1/4 HT Bale is the 2nd best Bale head I've seen from a company, and they still have time to make improvements if they choose to.

comparing both of those sculpts from one angle is pointless. Every photo of the EB Bale head I've seen looks really bad. The 1/4 HT Bale is the 2nd best Bale head I've seen from a company, and they still have time to make improvements if they choose to.

I wouldn't it say it's pointless. It may not be definitive, if you will, but if you have both heads from the same angle and under the same lighting, I'd say there's a point to make a comparison.

IMO, while EB's headsculpt is very, very far from perfect, at least I can recognize him, and there are actually some pics where the likeness is rather remarkable, such as this:

14ebbatmantdkbatmanebza.jpg

Admittedly, it looks like crap on others, but I swear I don't think I'd recognize the HT sculpt as Bale if I didn't know already it's supposed to be him.

Edit: oh, so it's up for preorder, now my post will go even more unnoticed, lol.

I see two Bales- each different- EACH has stengths and weaknesses. I can't see one being much better than the other.

This is a possible purchase on my part... I already have TDKR 1/6 on preorder with BBTS, but I think this piece would compliment the shelf I have planned for it.

With shipping dropping near $500 on this piece would be iffy, especially seeing I kind of want the Tumbler and Avengers Hulk.

Iron Man Mark VII
Avengers Captain American
Red Skull
Hawkeye
Avengers Thor
Hulk
TDKR Batman
TDKR Bane
TDK Joker 2.0

I'm well over $1,000 and thats without the Tumbler or X-Men First Class figures. I might end up being single after all of this.

Back