Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I Just warn everyone about Mother's Basement in the UK. After 4 months of having my money, I cancelled my order with them because they constantly pushed back their stock delivery dates. I decided to pay £60 more and buy this figure on ebay.

After promising me my refund via PayPal, as this was the way I paid, it has taken 3 weeks and endless phone calls and emails for them to finally return my money. Though, having said that, I have to wait 3 to 5 days from today for it to clear.

Their Facebook page is constantly filled with customers asking where their orders are and all the replies just seem like wild guesses at delivery dates.

Maybe you have had a good ex pierce with them but I have had nothing but endless problems. Please beware.

I have mine pre-ordered with mothers basement. I've spoken to them on the phone a couple of times and they were very helpful. Hopefully it's a isolated incident. Always worry buying collectibles incase I have a problem and need to return / exchange it etc.

Too bad for the situation, but it's possible MB is not getting accurate information from their suppliers either.
I have a local pre-order myself, nabbed the last slot about a month ago. They contacted me 2 weeks after that saying they will not have him in stock until late January at the earliest. When in Europe we just have to deal with (huge) delays.

Can I Just warn everyone about Mother's Basement in the UK. After 4 months of having my money, I cancelled my order with them because they constantly pushed back their stock delivery dates. I decided to pay £60 more and buy this figure on ebay.

After promising me my refund via PayPal, as this was the way I paid, it has taken 3 weeks and endless phone calls and emails for them to finally return my money. Though, having said that, I have to wait 3 to 5 days from today for it to clear.

Their Facebook page is constantly filled with customers asking where their orders are and all the replies just seem like wild guesses at delivery dates.

Maybe you have had a good ex pierce with them but I have had nothing but endless problems. Please beware.

Hmm, well I pre-ordered on their pay break scheme. You know, pay a deposit and then settle up when the figure is due. I received my "good news you're figure is due in 14 days" invoice and paid immediately. That was 17 days ago now. They're currently sat on almost £400.00 of my money for this and another item that keeps bouncing on it's ship date. I'm still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'm starting to get a little impatient :impatient:

Sorry to get off topic guys but that is not good hearing Jokes & Bats experience with MB.

I only have one PO with them (DX13) and they have been nothing but helpful thus far but this is the first time I have used them so hearing this kind of stuff leaves me cold. :(

I have a similar experience also with Mothers Basement. I received a request for payment in July as item was due to arrive within 14 days. I promptly sent payment and i am still waiting for the item. A friend of mine has hot toys batman on order with them and he was told the item would arrive before x-mas

Got my preorder with MB. Paid the remaining balance last week so if they don't get it within the 45 days then I will open a case with paypal

They have been great with me have 3 item previous had no problems and have two on pre order now I sure they will get them out super speedy when they arrive

A 1/4 HT Batman just sold on eBay for $450 shipped. Def back in my comfortable price range. My only question is do you guys think this figure makes the DX12 obsolete. I have a DX12 and I was considering selling him to help fund this figure.

A 1/4 HT Batman just sold on eBay for $450 shipped. Def back in my comfortable price range. My only question is do you guys think this figure makes the DX12 obsolete. I have a DX12 and I was considering selling him to help fund this figure.

I hate to read that just after I have paid full price for a figure. :monkey2

Another pic of my slim bat:

Easy mod for a great improvement IMHO. I find he looks less "square" now.

Here it is next to my DX12:

Then, I have tried to remove the fatsuit. This is how it looks now:

Congrats!

The shape of the abdomen is so much nicer on the stock DX12.

Taking out the fat suit helps, but the suit ends up being too baggy. Did you take off that piece of foam padding on the belly beneath the fat suit?

FAR better than DX12- the size alone is incredible. DX12 is still great , despite attacks it gets.

Re: Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman - Full Reveal

With the ratchet points, the next stop is a little past my comfort zone. :)

Very nice. I might need to break out that base one of these days.

Hate those ratchet joints...

Congrats!

The shape of the abdomen is so much nicer on the stock DX12.

Taking out the fat suit helps, but the suit ends up being too baggy. Did you take off that piece of foam padding on the belly beneath the fat suit?

Thanks! :yess:

Yes I did, thinking it would solve the tilted belt issue. It does but only partially. I wonder if I should stick back that piece of foam lower on the abdomen.

As you say, the suit might look a tad baggy without the fatsuit but I think it's a lesser evil.

Maybe I'll end up stuffing some areas with paper towel, as I did for the biceps. ^^

Last edited:
Thanks! :yess:

Yes I did, thinking it would solve the tilted belt issue. It does but only partially. I wonder if I should stick back that piece of foam lower on the abdomen.

I highly recommend it, but maybe not the whole piece. The bottom of the abdomen needs to be pushed out.

Regarding the belt tilt: after a lot of working with the ab section, I'm pretty convinced that the real problem is the top of the cod piece sticking out. I have an idea to fix that...

Once I have the time and a new camera, I'm going to post a DX02, DX12, QS001 side-by-side-by-side picture. Has anyone a picture of the 1/4 in a BESTA shelf? I could've sworn someone said they were going to post pictures.

Once I have the time and a new camera, I'm going to post a DX02, DX12, QS001 side-by-side-by-side picture. Has anyone a picture of the 1/4 in a BESTA shelf? I could've sworn someone said they were going to post pictures.

Not the best pics.
5a698b8c6898d52538e69b093c8c2c22.jpg

c5ce6a42ec2b012cbfde773d000a6816.jpg

Back