Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so SS just responded to me, already by the way which is nice. They can only offer me $30 credit or $20 partial refund. THIS IS HORRIBLE!!!!!! Now, being that I am OCD, i want to buy another one (regular at this point) and hope he comes mint. Which is having me sell my second DX12 to help fund that. Now i put myself on the regular waitlist (doubt i'll have a chance) in hopes to secure a second and hpoefully flawless figure. I think for the damage on mine, $30 is an insult. Only time will though. At least i know my options but a full return isn't one of them since i NEED to have him in my collection. THIS IS SO DAMN FRUSTRATING AND I'M CAN ONLY HOPE I SCORE A WAITLIST REGULAR AND NOT HAVE TO PAY INFLATED PRICES!!!!! (vent over.....for NOW)!

so SS just responded to me, already by the way which is nice. They can only offer me $30 credit or $20 partial refund. THIS IS HORRIBLE!!!!!! Now, being that I am OCD, i want to buy another one (regular at this point) and hope he comes mint. Which is having me sell my second DX12 to help fund that. Now i put myself on the regular waitlist (doubt i'll have a chance) in hopes to secure a second and hpoefully flawless figure. I think for the damage on mine, $30 is an insult. Only time will though. At least i know my options but a full return isn't one of them since i NEED to have him in my collection. THIS IS SO DAMN FRUSTRATING AND I'M CAN ONLY HOPE I SCORE A WAITLIST REGULAR AND NOT HAVE TO PAY INFLATED PRICES!!!!! (vent over.....for NOW)!

I'm very OCD when it comes to my figures, I think it goes hand in hand with this hobby. That offer seems to be standard from SSC as I was offered the same for my jack sparrows damaged box! Me personally, I would return it for a full refund as I know it would continue to bug me and just order the standard version if possible from another shop!

Ahh. It was my one biggest worry with him. Shame. It's like medicom back in the day when they would bring out a kick *** figure only it was tiny compared to the rest of your collection!

Rory, did you do that trick that was posted a few days back, some one popped out his feet joints then didn't put them back fully. It made him pretty much the same height as the Enterbay but less stable, apparently. And the gap between the knee pads and the boots was increased. I'd be interested to know how you found this, if you've done it.

Nah man, I wouldn't be happy making him taller, proportionately he looks great, and there is a huge difference in height between the two.

I'm very OCD when it comes to my figures, I think it goes hand in hand with this hobby. That offer seems to be standard from SSC as I was offered the same for my jack sparrows damaged box! Me personally, I would return it for a full refund as I know it would continue to bug me and just order the standard version if possible from another shop!

Same here ! Why keep an item u dont really like ?

This item is almost $500. They offered me $30 on my $279 dx11 because THE BOX was damaged. My 1989, $600+ bat mobile had scratches (minimal) and they offered $70- $75 (YMMV).

$30 on this guy, at this price IS AN INSULT.

Ahh. It was my one biggest worry with him. Shame. It's like medicom back in the day when they would bring out a kick *** figure only it was tiny compared to the rest of your collection!

Yeah mine to. :thud:

Rory, did you do that trick that was posted a few days back, some one popped out his feet joints then didn't put them back fully. It made him pretty much the same height as the Enterbay but less stable, apparently. And the gap between the knee pads and the boots was increased. I'd be interested to know how you found this, if you've done it.

I had a look at the pics again and I kind of think its BS. If you notice the Joker's legs are bent BD and yet his shoulders still look higher than Batman also the EB Batman's torso, neck and legs are also bent and leaning to one side. I think this accounts for the reason why it looks taller in these pics. I think popping out the ankles and putting them back in has little to do with it. Nevertheless, you are right the gap between the knee pads and boots does look increased so.:dunno

https://

https://

I'm tempted to return for a refund but i really want the empty cowl. what i may do, is if my regular converts, sell the Exclusive figure without empty cowl, at a discounted rate obviously since it's flawed and keep my cowl, better than having to sell my DX12.

Of course, this is all in a perfect world. I really hope my regular converts!

This item is almost $500. They offered me $30 on my $279 dx11 because THE BOX was damaged. My 1989, $600+ bat mobile had scratches (minimal) and they offered $70- $75 (YMMV).

$30 on this guy, at this price IS AN INSULT.

I agree, $30 doesn't even cover shipping and taxes....this is horrible!

I'm tempted to return for a refund but i really want the empty cowl. what i may do, is if my regular converts, sell the Exclusive figure without empty cowl, at a discounted rate obviously since it's flawed and keep my cowl, better than having to sell my DX12.

Of course, this is all in a perfect world. I really hope my regular converts!

Just tell SSC, you didn't notice at first but the empty cowl was missing from the box also :wink1:

Why don't you part out the damaged one ? And get a regular from CSC and keep your EX extra cowl

The height doesn't bother me at all, when uk customs stop playing with him and get him to me, hes going in a display case on his own in front of my TDKR movie poster :rock.

Why don't you part out the damaged one ? And get a regular from CSC and keep your EX extra cowl

Richard is all sold out, i asked him already lol. He said at this point if anyone cancels, he'll hook me up, but it's not looking good right now. I'm hoping my WL converts, if not, hoping the value drops on ebay since it's going for $600:gah:

It sucks i have to go through this but only time will tell...i won't know my definite options until the regulars start shipping.

The more I see of this thing the less I'm impressed by it. The flat traps, the pinhead & the skinny neck really bug the crap out of me. No one this side of Phil Jackson is built like that. :wink1: If I can't make it look better I'll probably return it. It's easy to be wowed by the complexity of the suit compared to the EB, but to me it just looks like a giant DX12 with only minor improvements. Yes, the face plates are way better (but that's not saying much because they were pretty lousy), but the eyes still look buggy to me, the gloves look bad, the cowl is too narrow, the knee pads are way off, the stock cape looks to be made of the same stiff material (although I did get a Lance cape today)...for the price it's not blowing my skirt up. The EB just looks better proportioned overall & looks like a shrunken Batman where the HT looks like a blown up DX 12 toy. We'll see when mine shows up Wednesday. :dunno

Last edited:
30 bucks back isn't bad. I would take it. When I got my dx12, the Bruce Wayne sculpt had a chip on his hair. I never called about it. So I missed out. I would have taken the 30 and been happy. Lol

30 bucks back isn't bad. I would take it. When I got my dx12, the Bruce Wayne sculpt had a chip on his hair. I never called about it. So I missed out. I would have taken the 30 and been happy. Lol

$30 on a $250 figure isn't bad a for a chip, but $30 on $500 figure on damage multiple areas of the figure, and untility belt, AND EMP gun... that's an insult.

Back