Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still talking about if this is a different figure than the proto?

This is a complete diferent figure. Everything is different and better... except for the flat-back-of-his-head.. which is terrible. Probably the belt and weapons are the same as the proto. The rest, all different

Sure, but it doesn't mean one can't discuss about it and try to pinpoint the exact changes made. :dunno

Not really, because the whole reason everyone is excited about this figure is because it looks like it has been changed. If u try and make people see otherwise u are crushing their dreams.

Still talking about if this is a different figure than the proto?

This is a complete diferent figure. Everything is different and better... except for the flat-back-of-his-head.. which is terrible. Probably the belt and weapons are the same as the proto. The rest, all different

It is not obvious to me, you can draw lines all over it and I still won't be 100% convinced. That being said, I don't care whether it has changed or not it doesnt look like the DX12 and I am not sure if the proto from Anikom last year did either. The cowl with bug eyes only looked horrbile in Hot Toys promo pictures. The eyes didn't really look as bad as the DX12 in the Anikom pics.

It is not obvious to me, you can draw lines all over it and I still won't be 100% convinced. That being said, I don't care whether it has changed or not it doesnt look like the DX12 and I am not sure if the proto from Anikom last year did either. The cowl with bug eyes only looked horrbile in Hot Toys promo pictures. The eyes didn't really look as bad as the DX12 in the Anikom pics.

The promo pictures and the 2012 QS001 proto are based on the same figure. Just different lighting.

Unlike the 2013 SDCC QS001 is a totally different figure:

- New improved cowl, (HT corrected the shape of lines , and width of mouth plates)

- New mouth plates ( open mouth, and neutral)

- New body proportions

- New shoulder pads... they look awesome now, nothing like the proto.

- New arms, they look shorter now.

- New chest.

- Eyes are far better now, althought still doesn't look as good as painted eyes.

Hot Toys built a new figure buddy.

Can't you draw some more lines? Por favor?

:lol There is no need of more lines in this case. Not to me at least.. if you want, you could give it a try yourself. Find two similar angle pictures, one from the proto, other from the final product. Resize one of them to make the pictures to be in the same scale, and start drawing lines on the changes you suspect Hot Toys made.

They are keeping the Bale sculpt very secret aren't they .no preview yet ? :( beside last year Anicom pics.

:lol There is no need of more lines in this case. Not to me at least.. if you want, you could give it a try yourself. Find two similar angle pictures, one from the proto, other from the final product. Resize one of them to make the pictures to be in the same scale, and start drawing lines on the changes you suspect Hot Toys made.

I was only joking. :wink1: And to answer your previous comment, no I'm not discussing whether it's a new figure or not. But what the exact changes are. We did find some and now you just made me realize that the arms sure does look shorter, or at least the gauntlets are closer to the elbows.

The promo pictures and the 2012 QS001 proto are based on the same figure. Just different lighting.

Unlike the 2013 SDCC QS001 is a totally different figure:

- New improved cowl, (HT corrected the shape of lines , and width of mouth plates)

- New mouth plates ( open mouth, and neutral)

- New body proportions

- New shoulder pads... they look awesome now, nothing like the proto.

- New arms, they look shorter now.

- New chest.

- Eyes are far better now, althought still doesn't look as good as painted eyes.

Hot Toys built a new figure buddy.

Oh I don't doubt it is the same figure I am just saying only in the promo shots did the eyes look bug eyed, probably because those shots are polished up more, making it easier to see the eyes :dunno.The ones I saw at Anikom didn't look too bad.

Last edited:
I would love to get one of these display cases but would you be able to measure how tall it is inside? I asked the moron on ebay to give me the internal measurements but he gave me the external measurements. I asked him again to give me the measurements inside the case not the measurements from the outside and never replied back.

Please help Geil! :pray:

h21", d7", w11"
Hope it works for you

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Thanks Geil, your the best! :hi5:

no problemo .. just be nice to each other and respect differences in opinion ;) btw turns out base size for both 1/4 and 1/6 is the same! never realized it but the new 1/4 uses mini USB for power instead of a pin hole plug type

and again this is the HT endo in it

6jwd.jpg

and this is the EB T-800 BD I just took now w my phone

o1tk.jpg

I'm looking for something like this for my 1/4 figures where did you get them from?

and again this is the HT endo in it

6jwd.jpg

and this is the EB T-800 BD I just took now w my phone

o1tk.jpg

That display is sweet. Im definitly gonna pick it up for my bats. The base dosnt have to fit in lol as long as he fits in nicely :)

Back