Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing, Hot Toys sadly always dont do such a great job with their Batman capes... Anyone know a customiser i can call? Lol

One thing, Hot Toys sadly always dont do such a great job with their Batman capes... Anyone know a customiser i can call? Lol

I think it's a matter of tastes. I never ordered custom capes for either my DX09 or 12, as they both looked fine to my eyes given right futzing. I'm usually more concerned with how HT delivers on the HS, rather than the cape.

You can wait before you get this in-hand and see if the cape's good enough for you this time. In case it's not, I'm sure you'd see a lot on here who share the same thoughts with you and from there someone would offer custom capes.

I think it's a matter of tastes. I never ordered custom capes for either my DX09 or 12, as they both looked fine to my eyes given right futzing. I'm usually more concerned with how HT delivers on the HS, rather than the cape.

You can wait before you get this in-hand and see if the cape's good enough for you this time. In case it's not, I'm sure you'd see a lot on here who share the same thoughts with you and from there someone would offer custom capes.

Lol i was thinking to get a wired cape, but if you go with a full on flowing cape pose with this size figure it would need a fair bit of space, my DX12 has a wired cape and he had to have his own section in the display just to be posed with that cape lol i may just use the flight pack until someone makes a velvety look cape. Doesnt have to be wired. Iv seen some for Enterbay Bats on ebay so this 1 shudnt be far behind.

Lol i was thinking to get a wired cape, but if you go with a full on flowing cape pose with this size figure it would need a fair bit of space, my DX12 has a wired cape and he had to have his own section in the display just to be posed with that cape lol i may just use the flight pack until someone makes a velvety look cape. Doesnt have to be wired. Iv seen some for Enterbay Bats on ebay so this 1 shudnt be far behind.

Lforigno andd TonyMeis are the usual go-to guys when it comes to quality custom capes. Not sure if they're the same guys you saw on Ebay.

Wired cape is a great idea. I saw some do that on their DX12 and it looks great. BUt yeah, for a 1/4 you'd need a WIDE display area as well as display case for that, whether you want it blown to one side or spread like a bat's wings. This would absolutely need to be kept in a glass cab/case, as this would no doubt be a dust magnet.

Lforigno andd TonyMeis are the usual go-to guys when it comes to quality custom capes. Not sure if they're the same guys you saw on Ebay.

Wired cape is a great idea. I saw some do that on their DX12 and it looks great. BUt yeah, for a 1/4 you'd need a WIDE display area as well as display case for that, whether you want it blown to one side or spread like a bat's wings. This would absolutely need to be kept in a glass cab/case, as this would no doubt be a dust magnet.

I think i may skip the wired and just get a standard velvet 1, iv found an LED lit 1/4 display on ebay, gonna pick it up just for him lol

Now here comes another question regarding customizing....

Cuffs....on? Off? Going for TDK look? Or cutting them bastards up for TDKR look?

At close to $500...would any of you here have the heart, courage, ***** to nip away at the cuffs?

Personally....hell no. I'm leaving it this round. Besides, I had plenty of extra hands lying around for the dx12 because I owned every HT iteration of batman.

What say you guys?

I think i may skip the wired and just get a standard velvet 1, iv found an LED lit 1/4 display on ebay, gonna pick it up just for him lol

Are you talking about the LEGENDS STUDIO Master Lighthouse case? You might want to check first if QS001 would fit with enough clearance inside. Some collectors who have it said that the QS002 T800 Endo can barely fit in it with its base on. I think QS001 might have a taller base, and you have to consider Batman's ears as well.

Cuffs....on? Off? Going for TDK look? Or cutting them bastards up for TDKR look?

At close to $500...would any of you here have the heart, courage, ***** to nip away at the cuffs?

Personally....hell no. I'm leaving it this round. Besides, I had plenty of extra hands lying around for the dx12 because I owned every HT iteration of batman.

What say you guys?

Yup, might also not dare touch it. I'll leave the TDKR cuff-less look to the DX12 :)

Are you talking about the LEGENDS STUDIO Master Lighthouse case? You might want to check first if QS001 would fit with enough clearance inside. Some collectors who have it said that the QS002 T800 Endo can barely fit in it with its base on. I think QS001 might have a taller base, and you have to consider Batman's ears as well.

Im not sure... Il actually check now that u mention it

2B085EC4-BA31-4C28-878C-E7A72A9DD62C-42294-0000049A645451FF_zps0667c14d.jpg

I see alot of bale here in this pic!

That can't be a pic of this. That's a screenshot, man. Don't BS me. Yeah, That's a screenshot? Th-that's not a screenshot? THAT's what will be arriving when this thing ships?

fainting-o.gif

I think Hot Toys have stepped up here, when the prototype was shown there was a big row with Hot Toys loyalists and other collectors over accuracy and build of this suit. And its true a lot of us fans of HT products were a bit confused and afraid they were going to ruin their reputation not only in 1/4 scale but in figure production as a whole. But what they have created here is a middle finger to all the other figure companies in the world from little Mattel to Enterbay and Blitzway and the rest that yes you had your 4-5 months in the light, but the figure thats going to be remembered with great admiration for a long time to come by collectors and fans of the film and comics is this.

Applause.... Lights... Curtains...

Well done Hot Toys!!!

Can see HT doing a new 1/6 of this now. I must say.

As much as I hate to say it, I think that HT should revisit the TDK suit in 1/6th. At the end of the day, when you compare the DX 12 to this, those guys got ****ed. This shows just what they're capable of when they put lots of passion and effort into something, and that shows just what they're capable of when they pull a rush job to get it out a couple of months after the movie.

I thank HT for not letting their ego get the better of them and think that what they had then was already "good enough", for listening to those who think it wasn't, and being humble enough to accept that the indeed the figure needed a lot of revisions.

And now we have something that some people found okay turned into another thing that many see as a masterpiece.

And it paid off of course. KA-CHING!

Exactly. As I said, this could actually be seen as a poor business decision, in some lights. There are some minor flaws, like the curvature of the cowl in the back, but the key word here is minor. Who is going to spend $500 on a figure with "minor" upgrades to a figure that includes literally everything featured in the films, and enough quality to fool people into thinking that it's the actor in an actual screenshot from the film? Like I said, they've basically put a permanent end to the outflow of TDK suit Batmen in 1/4 scale.

That being said, in a non-linear sense, I'd say that this has done wonders for HT's business; this whole Con has, and I can't wait to see what they have in store for Ani-Com. However, as I said, business. This has reinstilled my faith in HT, and, if others see it as I did, HT has just earned immense respect for not taking the easy way out and leaving the door open for more profit. They've truly delivered a masterpiece, as you put it, and, if-not if, when-I get to own this, I can't see myself parting ways with it, for any reason.

Just put your faith in HT !!!!! They will deliver more offend than not.... Handdown I will take this over EB Batman. The only question now is the bale head sculpt ???????

The intricate mods we need to go through puts me off and the belt is just sloppy, stupid magnets to hang the accessories on his belt looks so cheap !!!!!. Nonetheless is the best batman begins suit/scuplt out there. Just that EB is EB ! Not to mention the horrendous QC.

As much as I hate to say it, I can't say that putting your faith in HT was what did this. Granted, none of us can say for certain that it wasn't, but, at the end of the day, they have done a wonderful job with improving this figure, and, if I didn't have faith before, I sure as hell have it, now.
I am thinking actually... Where is the Bruce Wayne sculpt...? Lol

Maybe they haven't fixed it...:lol:lol:lol

or it will be deputed on Ani-con!

just put your faith in HT!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking that might be the case. Perhaps they're waiting until Ani-Com next week to debut the new faceplate and Wayne head. I'm just so excited. This has gone from "I haz a sad" to "OHMISWEETGAWDWHATISTHISTHINGISTHISREALLIFEISTHISREALITY!?!?!??!"

That can't be a pic of this. That's a screenshot, man. Don't BS me. Yeah, That's a screenshot? Th-that's not a screenshot? THAT's what will be arriving when this thing ships?

fainting-o.gif

As much as I hate to say it, I think that HT should revisit the TDK suit in 1/6th. At the end of the day, when you compare the DX 12 to this, those guys got ****ed. This shows just what they're capable of when they put lots of passion and effort into something, and that shows just what they're capable of when they pull a rush job to get it out a couple of months after the movie.

Exactly. As I said, this could actually be seen as a poor business decision, in some lights. There are some minor flaws, like the curvature of the cowl in the back, but the key word here is minor. Who is going to spend $500 on a figure with "minor" upgrades to a figure that includes literally everything featured in the films, and enough quality to fool people into thinking that it's the actor in an actual screenshot from the film? Like I said, they've basically put a permanent end to the outflow of TDK suit Batmen in 1/4 scale.

That being said, in a non-linear sense, I'd say that this has done wonders for HT's business; this whole Con has, and I can't wait to see what they have in store for Ani-Com. However, as I said, business. This has reinstilled my faith in HT, and, if others see it as I did, HT has just earned immense respect for not taking the easy way out and leaving the door open for more profit. They've truly delivered a masterpiece, as you put it, and, if-not if, when-I get to own this, I can't see myself parting ways with it, for any reason.

As much as I hate to say it, I can't say that putting your faith in HT was what did this. Granted, none of us can say for certain that it wasn't, but, at the end of the day, they have done a wonderful job with improving this figure, and, if I didn't have faith before, I sure as hell have it, now.

I'm thinking that might be the case. Perhaps they're waiting until Ani-Com next week to debut the new faceplate and Wayne head. I'm just so excited. This has gone from "I haz a sad" to "OHMISWEETGAWDWHATISTHISTHINGISTHISREALLIFEISTHISREALITY!?!?!??!"

I agreed with a lot that you said here. :) But i love the DX12. Its the best 1/6 Batman suit figure IMO. But if they make another one, thats fine with me. Ill buy it. Just don't think they need to. If they could make Ras, Blake, Fox, or Alfred that would be most people's wishes I think.

But man, this 1/4 is really lightyears better than the first prototypes. So good to see a lot of collectors happy for once. Its the first time I ever cancelled something, then re-ordered it. :lol

I agreed with a lot that you said here. :) But i love the DX12. Its the best 1/6 Batman suit figure IMO. But if they make another one, thats fine with me. Ill buy it. Just don't think they need to. If they could make Ras, Blake, Fox, or Alfred that would be most people's wishes I think.

But man, this 1/4 is really lightyears better than the first prototypes. So good to see a lot of collectors happy for once. Its the first time I ever cancelled something, then re-ordered it. :lol

I don't see the DX 12 being horrible, but I see it as being what this figure was: wasted potential. Tell me, if you could have the DX 12, or you could have this figure in 1/6th, which would you choose? I just feel bad that a lot of 1/6th collectors, who collect 1/6th only, don't have something of similar quality.

What say you guys?

Only custom cape from Tony meis for me...

Back