Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed snake! We are all in the same boat. I also hope for an improved final product.If they really fix most of the issues, it will be THE batman!

I see 1 issue with this figure whether they improve the cowl etc or not, you will always get this. If you put him in a fight pose with his arms a bit high, the shoulder pads will sort of sit a bit wider when you change him to a neutral pose. But to sort this is simple, take off the shoulder pads and dip them in hot water, dont use a blow dryer because it might distort and twist the plastic. When you put it back on they will sit closer and more accurate to the movie. Anyone who owns the DX12 knows what i mean.

My point exactly. Love it or hate it, but keep neutral when it comes to advising people on a purchase.

Oh yeah?

If you want **** accuracy down to the minute detail then go pay £2500 and buy the full scale 6 foot 3 inch statuette.

I disagree with you on a lot of points regarding this figure because I ALSO WANT THIS FIGURE. But I want a better figure -- better than the protos that we've seen -- because this is no ordinary figure . No collectible worth more than $400 can be nor should be considered ordinary. To you this may already be worth it, but to some it's not. That's the bottomline of our discussion here. But never tell those who look for more for the price they're paying to stop and just spend more and get something else that they might feel more accurate, as if $465 is not yet a premium price to pay. It's not about what they can afford. It's about knowing their money's worth.

See you all when the final product photos start showing up. :wave

Oh yeah?

I disagree with you on a lot of points regarding this figure because I ALSO WANT THIS FIGURE. But I want a better figure -- better than the protos that we've seen -- because this is no ordinary figure . No collectible worth more than $400 can be nor should be considered ordinary. To you this may already be worth it, but to some it's not. That's the bottomline of our discussion here. But never tell those who look for more for the price they're paying to stop and just spend more and get something else that they might feel more accurate, as if $465 is not yet a premium price to pay. It's not about what they can afford. It's about knowing their money's worth.

See you all when the final product photos start showing up. :wave

Prototype pictures dont show what the final outcome will be. Yes everyone spotted little minor issues but they arnt that bad that someone will look at the figure and think its darth vader lol its just when people nitpick that the bat symbol is so many millimetres out of synch and the shoulder pads are high or wide. People arnt gonna measure every dimension when they come to your house and see this figure in your display lol in the end no one can truly big it up or turn it down until its released...

Prototype pictures dont show what the final outcome will be. Yes everyone spotted little minor issues but they arnt that bad that someone will look at the figure and think its darth vader lol its just when people nitpick that the bat symbol is so many millimetres out of synch and the shoulder pads are high or wide. People arnt gonna measure every dimension when they come to your house and see this figure in your display lol in the end no one can truly big it up or turn it down until its released...

That's another thing. We all know that this is just the prototype -- but we don't know if they would indeed be changed. I myself have spoken against those who seem to have been looking for the PERFECT headsculpts -- those who seem to forget that these are hand-sculpted, not 3D prints of the actors' faces -- like those who keep saying that MoS Jor El HS suck or that the GI Joe Coulton HS looks off, while they are easily among HT's finer prototypes this year. But this is a different story. Not only is the prototype a sculpt that's not good at all for the price HT's asking -- people have started losing the faith they have left in this after DX12 came out and none of the sculpts from the proto were tweaked for the better. I myself have started becoming more vocal about my gripes on QS001 after getting my own DX12, after seeing that HT never bothered to listen to the comments and suggestions of people from all over regarding the DX12 proto. The possibility of this becoming a blown up, more expensive version of that is unnerving to say the least.

Your repeatedly mentioning about OTHER PEOPLE who see your collection getting wowed by this and not even noticing nor caring about its inaccuracies is very funny. Most of us here don't collect to show off, to wow other people. We don't spend hundreds of dollars for each collectible to make other people's jaws drop. Most of us work hard and save money for these products for ourselves, because we want these figures, because we want to be wowed each time we look at our shelves and feel good that we have a piece of art that we worked hard for. That's why while we know there can't be a perfect figure, we demand for things that we know HT could give us for the price they're asking. If you need to see other people's jaw dropping to feel good about something you spend hard-earned money for, then you are collecting for other reasons.

That's another thing. We all know that this is just the prototype -- but we don't know if they would indeed be changed. I myself have spoken against those who seem to have been looking for the PERFECT headsculpts -- those who seem to forget that these are hand-sculpted, not 3D prints of the actors' faces -- like those who keep saying that MoS Jor El HS suck or that the GI Joe Coulton HS looks off, while they are easily among HT's finer prototypes this year. But this is a different story. Not only is the prototype a sculpt that's not good at all for the price HT's asking -- people have started losing the faith they have left in this after DX12 came out and none of the sculpts from the proto were tweaked for the better. I myself have started becoming more vocal about my gripes on QS001 after getting my own DX12, after seeing that HT never bothered to listen to the comments and suggestions of people from all over regarding the DX12 proto. The possibility of this becoming a blown up, more expensive version of that is unnerving to say the least.

Your repeatedly mentioning about OTHER PEOPLE who see your collection getting wowed by this and not even noticing nor caring about its inaccuracies is very funny. Most of us here don't collect to show off, to wow other people. We don't spend hundreds of dollars for each collectible to make other people's jaws drop. Most of us work hard and save money for these products for ourselves, because we want these figures, because we want to be wowed each time we look at our shelves and feel good that we have a piece of art that we worked hard for. That's why while we know there can't be a perfect figure, we demand for things that we know HT could give us for the price they're asking. If you need to see other people's jaw dropping to feel good about something you spend hard-earned money for, then you are collecting for other reasons.

Well when you put it that way... Yes i understand. I mentioned anout other people seeing the figure in your collection i mean it from my point. Most my friends arnt collectors and dont own any collectible figures, but each time i get a new addition they judge it by the likeness. For example when i got my Enterbay War version Scarface they saw it and loved it was dressed from the final movie scene but the face was a bit off, then skip to a few months later when got the Respect version they wernt too buzzing about the suit but in terms of the likeness they were speechless, because it just looks like a shrunken down Al Pacino. Thats what i mean about other people. They arnt collectors, and dont keep up to date on releases but they notice quality and differences in likeness when they see it. Then i let them judge it because they havnt seen diffrent versions, they go by how it looks from what they saw in the movie.

But overall its your choice whether you think a figure is good enough to spend so much on. With this figure the price will always be over $380+ because of the size and accessories he comes with. Straight away i will admit im not gonna pose him with the original cape, i have a customiser working on a wired version as we speak, same with my DX12 i never even took the cape out the wrapper, bought a custom instead.

The same story in revision...just be patient for the final result! Please be sincere most of us will buy it...it hasn't too many flaws in my opinion. I repeat this is my opinion,I will be very happy to receive shipping notice from Timcent regardless the correction of inaccuracies! As with dx12 with minor modifications, I'll be satisfied...

The same story in revision...just be patient for the final result! Please be sincere most of us will buy it...it hasn't too many flaws in my opinion. I repeat this is my opinion,I will be very happy to receive shipping notice from Timcent regardless the correction of inaccuracies! As with dx12 with minor modifications, I'll be satisfied...

Lol same here. Have you ever purchased from Loontentoys? Or heard good feedback?

Lol same here. Have you ever purchased from Loontentoys? Or heard good feedback?
I preordered Coulson from them because I heard lots of good things here on the boards, and it went perfectly. :) I plan to use them again for HT preorders that get sold out early here in the US, I really hope they get the limited figures like Bruce Willis.

I preordered Coulson from them because I heard lots of good things here on the boards, and it went perfectly. :) I plan to use them again for HT preorders that get sold out early here in the US, I really hope they get the limited figures like Bruce Willis.

Cool :) yes basicly he was the first to advertise this figure on ebay for preorder and it wasnt just pay half, i paid the full amount and he answers everytine i send him a message so i know he wont rob me. Just needed some confirmation lol coulson is nice figure. Must have it for a hardcore Avengers collection.

Yes I have heard good feedback. Usually I prefer Timcent for complete figures but I have bought parts from most of the HK sellers! I never had problems of any kind...

Yes I have heard good feedback. Usually I prefer Timcent for complete figures but I have bought parts from most of the HK sellers! I never had problems of any kind...

Thanks, just that iv spent £350 on this figure lol and the pre order was last october. And never having purchased from this seller before its good people have had positive experiences. All i had to go by was his 100% feedback..

Back