Hot Toys - TDK - TWO-FACE / Harvey Dent PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not likely but I keep hoping someday next week I'll get my ship notice from Toys2 and the wait'll be over.

I cant afford the whole set so i just bought the two face HT head for 60 bucks you guys think thats too expensive just for the head ??

I cant afford the whole set so i just bought the two face HT head for 60 bucks you guys think thats too expensive just for the head ??

I payed that for a Bank Robber Joker head, so I could stick it on a Hannibal Lecter body and make an Arkham Joker w/ Staight Jacket. I got lucky and got my Two-Face from a member here for a cool $40.

He arrived today, man any of you guys complaining about the sculpt are spoiled rotten, little brats.

2face.jpg

This sculpt is rockin, and any color issues are due to the camera flash. He looks nice and crispy in person so quit yer ^^^^^in and get to district attorneying.

Still waitig on a TT body so I can bash mine togeather.

I did the same; can't afford the entire boxed fig so I bought the loose head for about 55$ and the burned jacket for 5$. I hope to kitbash the rest later...

I picked up a Bullet Ballet set from Triad Toys, its a great looking long grey overcoat with grey slacks. I also got a black dress shirt and red striped tie with DID Obama shoes.

Oh, and I picked up an old school Tommy Gun, the gangster kind with the drum magizine like he used on the animated series.

2345.jpg

aci-mis2-shirt-bk-g.jpg

dsp_fa167-1.jpg

did-obama-shoses-g1.jpg

bef3_1.jpg

Last edited:
2face.jpg

Without having it in hand yet to judge, based on photos, the thing that takes away from the burn side looking more like the film is the overall surface.

TDK2T.jpg

In the movie, the burn side looks essentially like a skeleton with a vaugue surface over it, that surface being almost like a sandpaper/sandstone, gritty texture. HT's head looks to have deeper grooves and more rigid surface to it.

That said, I still think the head looks fantastic, very eagerly await getting mine, highly anticipate making images with it, I just enjoy a good conversation and I think there's room for civil comparison between the product and the film.

I get what your saying, but in person, its not really an issue. Remember in that picture, the head is 3-5 times larger then the actual thing. So your seeing alot more detail now then you will when you get it.

Heres another pic, lmk if I can get anything specific for anyone.

0076-2.jpg

In the movie, the burn side looks essentially like a skeleton with a vaugue surface over it, that surface being almost like a sandpaper/sandstone, gritty texture. HT's head looks to have deeper grooves and more rigid surface to it.
That's a good observation. Also, based on those photos, I see now what people were talking about when they said the clean/burned split shouldn't be so symmetrical.

Gotta say, I don't think this figure is one of Hot Toys' finest, which is a shame because the prototype images looked to be one of their best. I wonder if the short window between announcement and release (only 2 months) had an effect. Generally, isn't there 5-8 months between the reveal of the prototype and the final product arriving in customers' hands?

I get what your saying, but in person, its not really an issue. Remember in that picture, the head is 3-5 times larger then the actual thing. So your seeing alot more detail now then you will when you get it.

Heres another pic, lmk if I can get anything specific for anyone.

It's not the size though, even in your smaller image, there's a line formed texture to the burn side, almost like veins bulging out all over the place or something. I'm not quite sure what reference the sculptor used to make the design, as even the early CGI test was smooth like the final CGI.

Again, I love the head, but compared to the film, it's off, and not in a way that's impossible to achieve. HT's usual skin texturing method used on a side with a few chunks of flesh left on it and painted black would look great and a lot like the movie, but they had to make the figure the way they did having an outside sculptor do the damage side, so it is what it is. It'd be nice to see what HT would do all on their own.

Gotta say, I don't think this figure is one of Hot Toys' finest, which is a shame because the prototype images looked to be one of their best. I wonder if the short window between announcement and release (only 2 months) had an effect. Generally, isn't there 5-8 months between the reveal of the prototype and the final product arriving in customers' hands?

As far as I've seen, I think the final figure as at least as nice as the prototype. The prototype was very well photographed and to really measure the production piece to it, you need to see it in equal level images.

Without having it in hand yet to judge, based on photos, the thing that takes away from the burn side looking more like the film is the overall surface.

That's a good analysis. Would never have been apparent to me really.

Back