Hot Toys - TDK - TWO-FACE / Harvey Dent PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting the business shirt to look like the film can be achieved with paint, I plan on doing it as soon as I get my TF figure. DarkArtist was kind enough to share with me his technique for weathering clothes and it works really nicely.

What I do is add paint to a small cup of water to basically make dirty water in whatever color I want, then take a brush and wet the parts you want to change. It's subtle but really makes things looks sharp, but has a better look than what I imagine straight paint would do. I just recently did this to my Indy custom shirt.

You can see here I added blood staining and dirtying to the shirt as well as tainting the overall color from a slightly off white to greyish brown.

TOD2.jpg

Well, I'm sure they felt that the damage to the business shirt was so minimal compared to the sport coat that they could get away with not doing it, plus I imagine they're aware of custom artists and expected those wanting the look would find a way to achieve it. I don't plan on getting much mileage out of this figure as Harvey Dent, but just in case, I've ordered a spare white shirt to leave clean.

Yeah, it's such a subtle dirty effect... no need in two shirts for it. Really, only the collar and a bit of the top right of the shirt is dirty from the burn... so it's easy work using the technique Sean posted above. :rock

Im thinking a lot of people arent going to have him as Harvey Dent rather than Two Face. Im sure most people will just go ahead and get a new body for their extra head and make a seperate Dent figure. Im thinking ill go ahead and dirty up my shirt and get an extra one.

I got a spare white shirt for like $7 on eBay, they're not that expensive. While the damage really is minimal to the shirt, it just looks too strange for Dent so if you want him as Dent and looking normal, but want TF to look more accurrate, 2 shirts is the way to go.

For those who wants to make the shirt a burnt effect! I use the techinques maulfan just give! You wet the shirt and then apply some collor on it! For the jacket i used burned amber and painted it! Here's my custom two-face

DSCN0836.jpg

DSCN0837.jpg

DSCN0838.jpg

Getting the business shirt to look like the film can be achieved with paint, I plan on doing it as soon as I get my TF figure. DarkArtist was kind enough to share with me his technique for weathering clothes and it works really nicely.

What I do is add paint to a small cup of water to basically make dirty water in whatever color I want, then take a brush and wet the parts you want to change. It's subtle but really makes things looks sharp, but has a better look than what I imagine straight paint would do. I just recently did this to my Indy custom shirt.

Thanks Maulfan, that will be the approach I use. So glad we have so many talented artists here who share their tricks of the trade. I would have never thought of the technique DarkArtist used.

just talked with toys2 and they have not received their order yet but still plan on sending out the first shipment this week sometime.

Studiosunny shipped mine yesterday. Now the anticipation REALLY sets in. C'mon guys, more photos please! And Shaun, GREAT photos. Those really got me excited.

Back