Hot Toys - TDK - TWO-FACE / Harvey Dent PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I think I have an idea of what it cost. :wink1: As Liam Neesom says as Oscar Schindler, "nice things cost money." I have heard of Katos work and seen the threads (no pun intended) but I haven't seen pictures that really communicate how good he is before. If I had the budget I would be a customer of his for sure. That suit has turned your Hot Toys figure into a thing of beauty.

Thank you!
Oh ok. Glad you appreciate the work even though you know the cost. Most people would say something along the lines like. "Not worth it for that much","that's crazy" etc etc. :lol

IMG_0964_zpsffe181b2.jpg

Amazing how when you add a suit of the highest quality, this figure just shoots off the charts. :thud:
If I could afford it, Kato clothes for everyone! :lol

Can't wait to see it burned/weathered. You using Seb or someone else?

Amazing how when you add a suit of the highest quality, this figure just shoots off the charts. :thud:
If I could afford it, Kato clothes for everyone! :lol

Can't wait to see it burned/weathered. You using Seb or someone else?

Thanks man! Gonna TRY to go with silentsurfer. Still waiting to hear back from him. If not, then yes seb agreed to hook if up. :yess:

Thank you!
Oh ok. Glad you appreciate the work even though you know the cost. Most people would say something along the lines like. "Not worth it for that much","that's crazy" etc etc. :lol

Those two are not mutually exclusive. One can admire the product of someone's craft whilst simultaneously believing that it is not worth the asking price.

Those two are not mutually exclusive. One can admire the product of someone's craft whilst simultaneously believing that it is not worth the asking price.

It's definitely not worth it but I can say it looks great and fits much better than the suit that came with the figure.

Your opinions of course. Point is, why tell someone who has just spent their money on it, it's not worth it. What's the point? :dunno

Or tell the artist in his thread, like some do, that it's not worth it.

Your opinions of course. Point is, why tell someone who has just spent their money on it, it's not worth it. What's the point? :dunno

Or tell the artist in his thread, like some do, that it's not worth it.

I agree. In fact the term 'worth' is relative. There are those who are willing to pay for Kato's work (like me) so to tell an artist his work isn't worth the price is ERRONEOUS. Clearly if someone would pay $700 for it itd be WORTH that much.

In the words of Ricky Gervais, "I believe you should be a fascist when it comes to art."

Meaning that you should do art for art's sake and not people's expectation.

I agree. In fact the term 'worth' is relative. There are those who are willing to pay for Kato's work (like me) so to tell an artist his work isn't worth the price is ERRONEOUS. Clearly if someone would pay $700 for it itd be WORTH that much.

I don't think you understand what the word "relative" means.

I had convinced myself I was going to sell off Harv but after taking him off the shelf and handling him for a couple minutes I decided I just can't let him go. In fact it made me go order Bane and Catwoman lol.

Almost thought I had this guy yesterday. Was watching him on eBay all day and it was at a pretty decent price and then just shot way up at the end.

I wonder if Hot Toys has taken notice of the prices that he fetches and will consider making a new version of this figure for new fans to the hobby or for people who want an upgrade. I would think the Nolan trilogy is going to be popular enough for a while that he'd probably sell.

I'd love V2 Two-face. It would be the most suitable v2 ever really, given Two-face's obsession with 2s.

Haha, I wouldn't put it past hot toys to use that as their excuse to make a v2. But I certainly wouldn't complain, I love the character and it was a bargain when the prices were low, but it does kind of stick out amongst the other Nolan bat figures.

To be honest my main issue is with the burnt jacket, the burnt parts make it fit horribly, and the weird hand for holding the coin. But I think if they re did this figure now it could be miles better.

To be honest my main issue is with the burnt jacket, the burnt parts make it fit horribly, and the weird hand for holding the coin. But I think if they re did this figure now it could be miles better.

Using a narrow shoulder True Type works wonders for this figure as well. The coat fits much better and looks a lot more natural.

Does it solve the problem of the burnt side of the coat looking kind of clunky and unnatural? Do you have any pics of it on a narrow shoulder true type.

Back