Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Superman

If there isn't a drunk Superman head, I will be offended and petition Hot Toys till they are hitting the bottle.

I'm not going to go back and forth with you OSCORP. We've had our differences before on other subjects. You've got your opinion, and I've got mine.

We have? News to me. (maybe it wasn't important enough to remember)

:peace
Okay, okay...okay. I get it.

Reeve was a fabulous actor in portraying Superman as the "squeaky clean" character we all love, and then turn it on its head in Superman III as the "evil Superman". Reeve was an actor playing a role. I get that. I made the separation. Point taken.

Takes a big man to admit when he was wrong/off base.

:clap

If there isn't a drunk Superman head, I will be offended and petition Hot Toys till they are hitting the bottle.

/Goes directly to HT's facebook page.

NO...it doesn't! Once again....a little respect for the man that passed away way too soon before his time.

It's not funny.

I don't get how it would be any more disrespectful than, for example, a HT figure of Heath Ledger as a mass-murdering psychopath.

SnakeDoc

Evil Superman should be separate figure
It should come with peanuts and bowl, Drinking glass and bottle.
It should also come with a Clark Kent with choking throat hands

He should also come with straight-up "Leaning Tower of Pisa" statue.

I can actually see this figure and/or line being popular enough to warrant Evil Supes being produced at some point.

He should also come with straight-up "Leaning Tower of Pisa" statue.

I can actually see this figure and/or line being popular enough to warrant Evil Supes being produced at some point.

I would buy it without hesitation.

I would prefer Sideshow to take some artistic liberties and do "Chris Reeve Bizarro Superman" with chalky white skin, backwards S, and crazy expression.

Anyone know why the pic released on HT's facebook page shows the DX Logo:
47090_424606297343_58690437343_5319683_6297286_n.jpg

But the pic on their sites (HK and Japanese) don't?
sakiyomi_vol5.jpg

Japanese Site

The pic on the HK site doesn't have ANY logos. :lol

Hadn't noticed that. Makes me wonder what will it be released as.

That would be HILARIOUS if Hot Toys is playing a joke on us. Well funny until collectors riot and petition.

I'd laugh though.

Most people expected the recent Bruce Lee DX figure was going to be the Christopher Reeve Superman...but it wasn't. I think HT is planning on Superman (hopefully with a Reeve Clark Kent!) to be another HT DX figure. I really hope so too! :wave

Maybe the HK poster was released earlier and they forgot to put the DX logo on it.

In recent times DX simply means PERS. Look at the Iron Man Mk III BD. Specialized stand, multiple heads, interchangable parts. All parts of the original DX marketing found in a standard release. The only thing missing is something with PERS. As long as they bells and whistle this thing I could care less if it had DX on the package.

To be honest, I wouldn't like this PERS. The painted eyes just have so much more heart, look at the latest Arnie Terminator. PERS would've wrecked that up like no tomorrw IMHO.
BTW Mike, is that Christina Hendricks in banner animation form? lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back