Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ Off topic, and I'm not trying to start a fight, but why don't you use the space bar after punctuation?

It's no problem. Honestly, I believe it was just a bit of a random rant.I don't think I bothered editing it. Now that you mention it, I may do just that.

Yeah, I think for most, not all, but most people wanting this figure, like Ford is Indy, Reeve is Supes to them. If the sculpt doesn't cut it there will be mass hysteria.

I will be putting a select few on ignore once the figure hits regardless if it's a homerun or not. Haters hate and whiners whine....Regardless!

:lecture

Haters gonna hate.

Whiners gonna whine.

Apologists gonna apologize.

Me? If it looks great, I'll comment on how much I like it and purchase one. If it looks off or bad to me, I'm going to rip on it like there's no tomorrow.

Who the hell would want to hate on something just to hate it? I've been wanting a Hot Toys Reeve Superman almost as long as I wanted '89 Batman figures, why would I want to see them fail? Indiana Jones too. I'd love to love the Hot Toys Doctah Jones, but it looks like a turd and it's too expensive. Why should I praise something I don't like, especially when the majority views it from the same perspective? Because it's Hot Toys? Batman > Hot Toys, Star Wars > Hot Toys, Indiana Jones > Hot Toys, Superman > Hot Toys etc. I mean yeah, I love the company, but everyone makes mistakes. And it's also worth noting that they're just an OUTLET for the figures I desire. If a better company came out and produced better things, you better believe I'd drop Hot Toys in a minute (not the figures I currently own though).

Do people actually think collectors want to see things fail? That's simply not the case.

I'm one of the Hot Toys Zombies. I no longer have the will to resist certain licenses, even if the product doesn't live up to it. This Superman release can't really fail because of fans like me. Even if it looks like Kevin Bacon.

I'm one of the Hot Toys Zombies. I no longer have the will to resist certain licenses, even if the product doesn't live up to it. This Superman release can't really fail because of fans like me. Even if it looks like Kevin Bacon.

LOL....now I keep thinking about the Logitech commercial with good old Kevin!

This isn't his first Rodeo with Indy though. Don't ignore that.

True, however, until the figure's in the hands of collector's we won't know how well (or not) it turned out.

Going off on a bit of a tangent, I actually do believe that the lack of accuracy and likeness issues in most HT figures has more to do with HT's decisions rather than the sculptor's talent. Take Joseph Tsang for example, he seems to be a very talented sculptor, the fact that all his aliens and predators are inaccurate seems to me is due to the fact that the guy never is given enough time to research and work on each individual figure, and I think that is to be laid at the feet of HT's brass.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="450" height="368" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WCkOmcIl79s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="450" height="368" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WCkOmcIl79s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hope they reunite again someday.......... who am i kidding right, good times, good songs, no Hot Toys Chris Reeve, i am done :impatient:

And apologists just keep on apologizing. :lol

You're the king, you would know. (you really need to get original and quit stealing from me)

Haters gonna hate.

Whiners gonna whine.

Apologists gonna apologize.

Me? If it looks great, I'll comment on how much I like it and purchase one. If it looks off or bad to me, I'm going to rip on it like there's no tomorrow.

Who the hell would want to hate on something just to hate it? I've been wanting a Hot Toys Reeve Superman almost as long as I wanted '89 Batman figures, why would I want to see them fail? Indiana Jones too. I'd love to love the Hot Toys Doctah Jones, but it looks like a turd and it's too expensive. Why should I praise something I don't like, especially when the majority views it from the same perspective? Because it's Hot Toys? Batman > Hot Toys, Star Wars > Hot Toys, Indiana Jones > Hot Toys, Superman > Hot Toys etc. I mean yeah, I love the company, but everyone makes mistakes. And it's also worth noting that they're just an OUTLET for the figures I desire. If a better company came out and produced better things, you better believe I'd drop Hot Toys in a minute (not the figures I currently own though).

Do people actually think collectors want to see things fail? That's simply not the case.

To answer you bolded questions i will do the same. As this is a grail figure to me, i want it to be perfect. I am not expecting perfection, but close. :)

To your other bolded questions..... You new to the internet?:lol (And yes there are some collectors that wanna hate and find something wrong just for the sake of finding stuff wrong. Could be to justify them spending $ to a number of reasons.) I don't know how many times the red circles have come out and pointed out stuff i would've never noticed or cared about had it not been pointed out. But that's not really my point here. Stupid people are stupid, haters are haters, there really is no rhyme or reason. But on a good note i really don't think there's a lot of that here. Will this turn into a regular HT insane thread once pics are released.? YUP! (regardless if it's a homerun or not) If i think the figure is awesome i will probably say my peace and leave, or iggy a few people. If it is not up to par in my eyes, i will express my severe disappointment and hope it is fixed.

Remember, this is a grail figure to lots. Even if 99% of folks find it awesome, people are gonna be waaaay critical of this figure more so than any other we've seen. (IMO)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back