Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many hopes and dreams were crushed by my thoughtless act? The world may never know.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jhjb4P_jnKk" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Re: Hot Toys Superman

They'll show it when it's ready. Not going to lose any sleep over it.

If everyone could keep this attitude we'd have a much shorter and less annoying thread :lol

Anyway, once the specs are up we'll have a new thread anyway... so seeya :wave

The fact that Indiana Jones was announced afterward but shown first and has the DX05 number makes me wonder if we forced them to announce Superman ahead of schedule.

Because of the magazine interview which hinted at Supes, everyone was constantly asking about it and demanding something official. Then when they announced Bruce Lee everyone was soooo pissed. They were like "Okay we have to say something"

The fact that Indiana Jones was announced afterward but shown first and has the DX05 number makes me wonder if we forced them to announce Superman ahead of schedule.

Because of the magazine interview which hinted at Supes, everyone was constantly asking about it and demanding something official. Then when they announced Bruce Lee everyone was soooo pissed. They were like "Okay we have to say something"

I think this could be correct.

I wonder if they'll kick off the Chinese New Year with Superman?

I wonder if they'll kick off 'NEXT' year with Superman?

I Seriously thought I'd have 3 Chris Reeve Supermans in my collection by now, The Mattel. My custom & the Hot toys. I almost didn't finish my custom thinking it (hot toys) would be here by now.

It was serendipity that pulled it together eventually. I bought a Royce body for an Indy TOD custom, had two Mattels ordered and then I saw Fenix's head. (I was originally using sunhoc's reeve head- which is still fantastic).
When I saw Hot toys Indy, I thought what's the point of a TOD custom. So I used the body for Supes, asked Fenix for a head and hey presto, the rest is history.

But I don't know what it is theres just something more 'solid' about a production piece as opposed to a custom. So I'm still waiting for this with baited breath, even though I'm really bored now.
I just wish they'd show us SOMETHING. (sighs).

But I don't know what it is theres just something more 'solid' about a production piece as opposed to a custom. So I'm still waiting for this with baited breath, even though I'm really bored now.
I just wish they'd show us SOMETHING. (sighs).

I'm the same way.If I can have a high quality production piece vs. a custom,even if the production piece is inferior,I'll still choose it over the custom piece.For the simple fact that I like the consistency and,as you said,solidity of a production piece.

New around here and wow!! 208 pages regarding the hype of this figure but still no pics lol. I for one can't wait to see this figure. Been a long time in the making. Do you think we may see something at the NY Toy Fair? Maybe at the DCD booth?

today is new years eve at HK! right? expect to see something at the end of the day!!!.........who am i kidding? right?

I am so excited about this release...I also have many pictures of the figure, regretably all are in my head :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back