Hot Toys Sucker Punch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OhSnapBear.jpg

Based on what? The high dollar amount the movie pulled in?

Baby doll is clearly the most popular character from sucker punch and nice character design.

Gentle Giant Baby doll statue 500 pieces already sold out and some people still find it.

I'm pretty sure HT Baby doll will sell well.

Baby doll is clearly the most popular character from sucker punch
Can't disagree, yep.

But...
and nice character design.
Nah ofcors nut.
Cute 22yold sad chick dressed in somethin like school stuff and fight with unrealictic katana & colt...

It's cool and all but... stupid as ___ :dunno

300 was a far superior film than SP. And the SP chicka pale in comparison to the character of Leonidas.

:hi5:

I also liked SP more than 300. I wish HT released a Baby Doll figure.

I never bothered watching Sucker Punch here in the UK because as soon as I read that it got cut right down to be made a 12 certificate, I lost interest in it but I definitely want to see the directors cut when it comes out in Blueray but either way, if I love or hate this film, I definitely want Baby Doll at least from this line of figures.

Design wise, its visually spectacular. As a film, it was crap, much like Watchmen. I really hope the director reigns his ego in a bit and makes a good Superman film. His films are starting to mirror M Night Shamalamdingdong's in the crapness stakes.
Back on the subject of Hot Toys, I would 'possibly' invest in a Babydoll, that bird who suvives at the end, a Nazi zombie robot thing and those three huge samurai.

Okay if you say so why don't you go to hollywood and make a movie. Show us how a good movie would look like :lecture

:exactly:

Hot Toys made three, count them, THREE, figures from "The Spirit"!
Do you want to tell me that was a "good" movie?!! I couldn't even sit through that on cable!
But, I did end up buying the Silken Floss, because it was SJ and a decent figure.
I don't think SP was great, but I liked it enough to be interested in purchasing anything Hot Toys releases.

Okay if you say so why don't you go to hollywood and make a movie. Show us how a good movie would look like :lecture

If he cant comment on the movie without making one, you cant either.

So you can never say anything bad about a film unless you make one. Right now. One with a 15 million dollar budget.

If he cant comment on the movie without making one, you cant either.

So you can never say anything bad about a film unless you make one. Right now. One with a 15 million dollar budget.

I understand Darth Mitchell... It's easy to go and burn down a movie and say it doesn't deserve a figure... What the heck dude? It's a way of self defense. I use to say that. "Stop complaining, and make you're own movie, or don't watch it, leave me alone, lol." It's not a literal phrase either, its a so to speak. We are here to debate the figure/s, not the movie itself, go and debate on the Movie Discussion Thread. Go ahead and say it sucks there. :gah:

:exactly:

Hot Toys made three, count them, THREE, figures from "The Spirit"!
Do you want to tell me that was a "good" movie?!! I couldn't even sit through that on cable!
But, I did end up buying the Silken Floss, because it was SJ and a decent figure.
I don't think SP was great, but I liked it enough to be interested in purchasing anything Hot Toys releases.

:goodpost::lecture:lecture

I agree with The Spirit fact. It's a perfect comparison. I know that it comes from a comic and the spirit comic fans would buy it as an icon from the comic and not from the movie itself, but WTF. Like my bf did with Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. He did not like the movie, but f___ everything, it's wolverine dude, so he bought it. Back to the point, if it got 3 figures, SP MUST get one at least. And it's a great opportunity for HT to improve on female figures. For god's sake. :thud:

The Spirit is NOT a good comparison.

They were figures of Samuel L Jackson and Scarlett Johansson. Nobody bought those two for their roles in The Spirit. Sucker Punch has no cast members with that star power.

Plus HT has learned from Spirit and Prince of Persia...they are not rushing out these figures. My guess is they aren't doing it but Baby Doll would be the only one if they did...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back