Hot Toys Sucker Punch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, but I can see why they haven't shown us anything from Avatar, the bodies require alot of fine detail, ect. With the Sucker Punch figures, they're pretty easy to make.

But I've still got faith, the Blu-Ray will be out before the figures, I'm sure so that'll just have to tide us over until they officially come out.

Not necessarily--as mentioned earlier, there's some speculation that HT would need to make a smaller-scaled female TT for the short-statured Emily Browning. In fact, it's been a while since the last female TT base figures were released. There's also a question of how much rubber is going to be used, if any, for a figure like this where so much skin is being shown. Making new bodies and rubber bodies is not as simple a process as you might be making it out to be.

The same is true for Avatar, where the bodies aren't necessarily finely-detailed, but instead rather quite large compared to "normal" 1/6 figures and hence may have more logistical problems to develop for market. There is also a question of timing, since I don't know if there's much demand for Avatar merchandise now compared to when the film was released in theaters and for the home market.

Not necessarily--as mentioned earlier, there's some speculation that HT would need to make a smaller-scaled female TT for the short-statured Emily Browning. In fact, it's been a while since the last female TT base figures were released. There's also a question of how much rubber is going to be used, if any, for a figure like this where so much skin is being shown. Making new bodies and rubber bodies is not as simple a process as you might be making it out to be.

The same is true for Avatar, where the bodies aren't necessarily finely-detailed, but instead rather quite large compared to "normal" 1/6 figures and hence may have more logistical problems to develop for market. There is also a question of timing, since I don't know if there's much demand for Avatar merchandise now compared to when the film was released in theaters and for the home market.

Very, very true. :goodpost:

They're just trying to keep the interest up.

Japan toy market loves blonde school girls afterall...

the movie was terrible but they would be nice figures/statues to have, deff pre-ordering

I just saw the movie and loved it. Cant wait for this figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back