1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they'll add the yellow saber, just like they add Dooku's saber to Anakin figure making less sense. It will make the difference between the Rey's figures.

Timewalker is now showing a revised date of May-June 2021. But it was always set for spring next year anyway, so not sure why people were expecting it to be out by now.

I don't know how I missed this, but this headsculpt is a train wreck IMO

I think the final product will look better. If not, you can get a custom one. But it seems like HT seems to be putting the accuracy of the MCU figures above everything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised this one is taking so long to come out.
A Year and a half after the movie release?lol
Still better than Gamora I guess.lol

I don't know how I missed this, but this headsculpt is a train wreck IMO
Meaning the proto? (which we know). The updated one shown in jc link wasn't too bad, but still a bit stiff. As a fan of Rey and wanting a final movie accurate head sculpt, I've been on the fence with this one especially with having one from each movie already. The prices keep going up too with less goodies. Should I preorder or not?
https://www.instagram.com/p/B44AbSdHS0y/

This is not as good as I hoped for, but I still love Rey in this movie, even though it is very uneven and full of Disney trying to please everyone, I really like the Rey and Kylo story. I don't think Hot Toys care too much about this. It is noy a huge seller, they just need to keep the standard. I am looking forward to in hand pics.

It kind of feels like after The Force Awakens that Hot Toys only made figures out of an obligation. I think after this Rey and Kylo release the book will be closed on future Sequel Trilogy releases.

Well, the horse thingies as well, but only cause I really like creatures. And a Dark Rey, Enric Pryde and General Hux. But it will never happen in Hot Toys anyway and third parties cannot do good enough hs for me to buy. The Hot Toys Enric Pryde would have been magnificent.

I really wanted a Babu Frik, but he is the only character (well, maybe a decent Chewie) from the film that I would buy.

I?d actually take a final form emperor. I thought he looked pretty good. The rest though...no. Actually the knights of ren would make for some amazing looking figures. Awesome designs, they were just useless in the movies. Such a waste

I was set to pre-order her, but I'm reconsidering. There are several things she should come with and doesn't, like the yellow lightsaber, the wayfinder thing, the beads, the Jedi Texts, maybe the big coat from Kijimi. Plus I'm apprehensive about the rubber arms. And I wasn't crazy about the movie itself, even though I LOVED TFA and TLJ.

I have Kylo on pre-order and will keep him, since I didn't get the TLJ version and want him with a head sculpt. I love the helmet too with the red Kintsugi lines.

I'll hold off til she's in-stock and maybe watch some reviews.

Yeah I'm probably passing on this unless they add it, I really don't like the movie so I'd only be buying it to have a character with a yellow lightsaber on display.

I know the last movie was panned and preorder numbers probably are not great, but I am surprised Hot Toys never announced that they would add the yellow light saber.

With the Force Awakens, Hot Toys announced by early January 2016 the addition of the blue light saber once the 2-week moratorium on spoilers was lifted.

I also did not preorder this figure yet, partially due to the light saber issue and also the face sculpt seems off - hopefully they tweak it. Personally, my favorite Daisy Ridley sculpt thus far was the Last Jedi.

Yeah honestly the main reason I'd want the new lightsaber is to represent Rey's life and adventures post-TROS, since I wasn't particularly a fan of what happened in that actual movie. Lol

I still love the outfit though, so I'll be keeping my order regardless.

I also feel they may pull a ROTJ Luke at some point and release a Deluxe edition (with coat, lightsaber, etc.) once a bunch of people have already bought the original. If I miss this figure I wont lose any sleep over it, but I'm honestly surprised they haven't pulled TFA Rey and shown the new lightsaber already, it's been a year since the movie came out.

If the headsculpt somehow looks great in production I'd get that for my TFA Rey and call it a day. Ditto on the new Kylo sculpt, but don't think I need any actual full figures to represent this film. Unfortunate remark on the trilogy when I think about it. Would still get a Poe and consider Snoke and maybe a couple others that have little chance of ever seeing daylight.

Back