1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worst comes to worst, I'll put another TFA sculpt on the figure, use a yellow blade, and call it a day

I was planning on getting this but found a TLJ version for a good price. I still might since Rey is one of my favorites but I?m so unsure, although she?s around $211 on TBA which is nice. If they added a Babu Frik this would be an instant PO 😔✌️

Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

They didn't do deluxe version for TFA and TLJ so i don't think they will do it now, especially with the controversy around the film. They will add some complements (idc about the helmet but i want the yellow lightsaber and the sith wayfinder and dagger) or if they won't add anything i would be happy too with a better sculpt.

As much as I want a better sculpt as well, thats just as unlikely to happen as a deluxe release. None of the previous Rey figures were given improved sculpts on the final figure. Bare minimum for me should be that her new lightsaber be included. That being said, I?m still in for this figure regardless.

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

As much as I want a better sculpt as well, thats just as unlikely to happen as a deluxe release. None of the previous Rey figures were given improved sculpts on the final figure. Bare minimum for me should be that her new lightsaber be included. That being said, I?m still in for this figure regardless.
The last seen sculpt is pretty good, for me the best out of the three (the TLJ sculpt is AWFUL).

I actually quite like her TLJ sculpt. I think it?s definitely something you have to see in person to fully appreciate. It?s not perfect, but it?s pretty close. I hope that ends up being the case on this one too

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

The last seen sculpt is pretty good, for me the best out of the three (the TLJ sculpt is AWFUL).

Always thought the TLJ sculpt was quite good.

E917B22F-9D9D-4AFC-8FCC-9F8728E91B24.jpeg
7CDBA36C-0FCD-418F-B7BB-277339CCB6D0.jpeg

I just can't see Daisy at all in any sculpt besides the TFA. It's a shame they couldn't do her justice.

I've owned both, and sold both, so I'll try give an unbiased opinion. The TFA version looks more like her imo, even if it has that slight blank doll-like expression. The TLJ one is very wrong around the eyes, and can only pass as Daisy Ridley if side on. Both figures are amazing neck down, if that makes sense.

I?m sure you?re right that the TLJ version lacked likeness... still the sculpt really works for me. Very targeted expression.

I?m sure you?re right that the TLJ version lacked likeness... still the sculpt really works for me. Very targeted expression.

Agreed, the intense expression on the TLJ is better and the likeness, although not perfect, is better on the TFA. If you could somehow mix the two it'd be a great Daisy. Hopefully they re-work the TROS headsculpt and get the perfect blend.

I've owned both, and sold both, so I'll try give an unbiased opinion. The TFA version looks more like her imo, even if it has that slight blank doll-like expression. The TLJ one is very wrong around the eyes, and can only pass as Daisy Ridley if side on. Both figures are amazing neck down, if that makes sense.

There was someone on Reddit a few weeks ago that posted their TFA Rey that their friend had repainted and it was clear to me that the likeness is there. It just needs a better paint job to bring it out.
I?d love to see this person tackle TLJ sculpt.

23c54123a6bf53c88a03c05d8ee17a32.jpg

There was someone on Reddit a few weeks ago that posted their TFA Rey that their friend had repainted and it was clear to me that the likeness is there. It just needs a better paint job to bring it out.

That's actually really good. It brings more life to her face.

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. I thinks this looks less like Daisy Ridley than the stock paint job. For the record, I'm happy with both the TFA and TLJ headsculpts/paint jobs. They're not perfect, but they're close enough for me. I have a slight preference for the TLJ version because of the intensity in her expression.

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. I thinks this looks less like Daisy Ridley than the stock paint job. For the record, I'm happy with both the TFA and TLJ headsculpts/paint jobs. They're not perfect, but they're close enough for me. I have a slight preference for the TLJ version because of the intensity in her expression.

Of course.
Like you say, it?s all in the eye of the beholder.
For my part, I like TFA sculpt *and* TLJ sculpts. I have a few of each spare in case I was ever able to find someone able to do a first class repaint to bring out the likeness.
I have seen the likeness in TLJ one but only from certain angles. And likewise, I also understand the comments of TFA sculpt being slightly glassy eyed. But I like them both. On the off chance TROS one is better than both, that will be even better.

Back