1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they may revisit the ST in a few years once people start to warm up to them and the backlash dies down like the PT.

That seems likely. The release and reception of the ST is very reminiscent of the PT. The ST wasn't perfect by any means but I found a lot to like. The ending kind of bummed me out because I'm a sucker for happy endings and romance stories. I think I would have been even more receptive to the new trilogy if it was my first exposure to Star Wars.

https://undergroundfigures.net/hot-toys-1-6-12-mms442-bb-8-bb-9e-star-wars-action-figure-set/

And I would not expect any more ST figures. Not saying it?s not possible, but they?ll likely make the bare minimum and move on.

Hey thanks!! Wow it even comes with BB-9E I wish he had more screen time.

In regards to the sequel figures, I could see them making some more. As far as I?m aware most of the Last Jedi figures have sold well. I don?t think the ST reception is as bad as some people want it to be.

In regards to the sequel figures, I could see them making some more. As far as I?m aware most of the Last Jedi figures have sold well. I don?t think the ST reception is as bad as some people want it to be.

Each movie in the ST did make over $1 billion. But I would not be surprised if Rey and Kylo are the last ST figures they release for the next few years. I think it?ll be like the prequels where audiences grow to love them over time and they?re fully embraced by the next generation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

think it?ll be like the prequels where audiences grow to love them over time and they?re fully embraced by the next generation

I’m curious if figures like this will appear to the ST generation, who weren’t raised with action figures being a primary form of entertainment at a young age.

I?m curious if figures like this will appear to the ST generation, who weren?t raised with action figures being a primary form of entertainment at a young age.

I think they will. Plus Hot Toys figures aren?t really for kids anyway. I was 14 when I got my first

I think they will. Plus Hot Toys figures aren?t really for kids anyway. I was 14 when I got my first

Understandably, they’re not for or marketed at children. I was more musing about a link between the nostalgia of having toys as a kid and then collecting these figure as an adult. I’m sure it’s played a part in my collecting habits.

Understandably, they?re not for or marketed at children. I was more musing about a link between the nostalgia of having toys as a kid and then collecting these figure as an adult. I?m sure it?s played a part in my collecting habits.

Mine too. My birthday and Christmas presents from 2002 and 2003 largely consisted of Star Wars Toys

No problem. And a mouse droid, too. Pick it up if you can. That's about the last set I've seen for retail price.

And it's not about the reception of the ST as a whole per se, but a reception of the ST by the people that buy expensive Star Wars collectibles.

Diamond Select did an interesting interview where they addressed the potential of doing more ST pieces if there's fan demand in the future, but it just hasn't been there. We see that with Hot Toys with the TFA figures that hung around for a long time. They barely moved even with two follow up billion dollar movies.

The Last Jedi figures also stuck around for a long time. Some of them have only recently started selling out. But everything was likely produced in relatively small numbers to begin with.

The only figures I've purchased aside from TLJ aside from the BB-8/BB-9E set are Kylo Ren and Rey, and the nice retailer was kind enough to give me a discount on buying both because they had stuck around for so long.

I hope HT add this complements.
Leia's saber
Jedi text book (at least one)
Wayfinder
New saber (with yellow blade -hilt crafted from her staff)
Pasadena celebration necklace
Force-push hand
"Healing" hand (with splayed fingers)

Leia's saber
Wayfinder
Force-push hand

I was holding out on a Rey, hoping this version came with that stuff. But I found a local deal on TLJ version and that looks so good I couldn't pass on it. Now I'm probably going to pass on this one unless the headsculpt is the best and it has those accessories. But based on the proto, eh, I'll likely not.

Yeah I would have expected them to show it now by now, especially during this Con. Probably going to pull a Jedi Luke and rerelease a Deluxe with new lightsaber and Kijimi accessories.

I can't see the point, they have a whole year to add some complements. I think HT will improve the figure.

They will toss her out with zero updates just like the previous two.

They didn't show TFA Rey with a lightsaber until the movie was out though. So it makes sense for them not to show her new lightsaber in the first promo pics, but the movie has been out for long enough now that I feel they should show it.

Leia's saber
Wayfinder
Force-push hand

I would love all of that.

But unfortunately I think Utah is right. :(

However, there's a part of me that is still hopeful they will go all out for this last Rey since they now see that they won't be able to get a second "deluxe" version out of this and just dump everything they might have been planning to split up into 2 releases.

I hope they improve the sculpt before the release, i have it preordered because Rey is my favourite character but i want a better sculpt

Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

I?m holding off on preordering for now, hoping they?ll at least at add her new lightsaber. Not only that, I just don?t PO things too early anymore. Still want to get this either way though as it comes with D-O.

But yes theres so many more things that HT should add to this. Even a Red Five X-wing helmet. Given what they did with all the ROTJ Luke figures though, its possible that they?re saving those for a Deluxe Exegol/Ach-To/Pasaana/Kijimi version later.

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

I?m holding off on preordering for now, hoping they?ll at least at add her new lightsaber. Not only that, I just don?t PO things too early anymore. Still want to get this either way though as it comes with D-O.

But yes theres so many more things that HT should add to this. Even a Red Five X-wing helmet. Given what they did with all the ROTJ Luke figures though, its possible that they?re saving those for a Deluxe Exegol/Ach-To/Pasaana/Kijimi version later.

They didn't do deluxe version for TFA and TLJ so i don't think they will do it now, especially with the controversy around the film. They will add some complements (idc about the helmet but i want the yellow lightsaber and the sith wayfinder and dagger) or if they won't add anything i would be happy too with a better sculpt.

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

The figure will have rubber arms?

Back