1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, even the photography on this is bad.

Poor photoshop work on the lightsabers. Looks like they used screengrabs from a bootleg copy of the film as a backdrop. Really curious why it all looks so sloppy.

It's the Hillary Swank mouth/jaw that ruins it. Daisy has a pretty round/soft face. Sure HT has a tendency to make their sculpts with sharper features but this is def over the top lol...

If you cover up everything under the eyes it looks more like daisy -_-..... they def need to adjust.
I'm probably in the minority, but I think the TFA sculpt still looks the most like Daisy/Rey... TLJ and especially TROS are too angular and sharp.

Definitely the best out of the lot but that's not saying much. I'll hold my breath on this.

This is definitely a wait and see. The sculpt is pretty off but overall still looks nice. No point in preordering though. ST never sells out and this doesn't come out until spring 2021.. and this may not even be the final look if we get an end duel version or something. I am more interested in Kylo for the dark side collecting focus.

But I def need to see this film before I get into HT fig territory. I did get the black series Rey and Kylo though. Rey had a great sculpt with the facial scanning. Its pretty amazing how good the black series has gotten with a $20 price point. Almost Figuarts territory.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is a pretty dull release. The portrait does not do her justice here other than the slight expression. An alternate portrait with some disheveled hair and determined expression would have helped. The stand is a snooze. A peice of death star wreckage could be a good display for the figure. The ldesklamp droid is ...cute?

The product gallery isn't doing the figure any favors.

A lackluster effort for the main character from the so-called big finale.

Come on HT, I cut you some slack on (IMO) the absolutely horrendous TLJ sculpt. This simply isn't an improvement... Hope they revise this, would like to at least complete my Rey line on a high note.

And TFA Rey remains the clear winner in the likeness dept...

My sentiments as well. It’s still off, but as a poster mentioned earlier, I think it captures the round, soft features of her face the best.

I have to honestly say I’ve been underwhelmed by a lot of HT’s releases this year.

Back