1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker-CRAIT (Force Projection) -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker (Force Projection) - CONFIRM

^these guys fighting over such a trash movie, my view the movie did nothing to communicate anything well, so anyone can be right, just wait for abrams to fix it all and see where it all settles then.

Guess theres no updates on this figure yet?

^ This guy commenting on a thread for an expensive action figure from a movie he hates but will still buy even though he hates the movie.

And why is everyone praising JJ now? What happened to all of you whining about TFA being New Hope 2.0.

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker (Force Projection) - CONFIRM

And why is everyone praising JJ now? What happened to all of you whining about TFA being New Hope 2.0.
It’s no longer trendy. First the trend was, “Oooo... Star Wars.” Then it was, “Ewww... Star Wars.” Now it’s, “I’m playing Fortnite... I don’t have time to complain about Star Wars.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kept thinking this thread seemed busy for such a niche figure? Turns out no one is actually debating the figure at all 😂

Kept thinking this thread seemed busy for such a niche figure? Turns out no one is actually debating the figure at all ��

You must be new here :lol

Kept thinking this thread seemed busy for such a niche figure? Turns out no one is actually debating the figure at all [emoji23]
Yep, I've been on and off the forum (mostly off) then I see 200+ new posts on this thread when it was super quiet before and I thought "Hot Toys probably posted something else, let me check it out."

Boy was I wrong...

I’ve done a bit of force projecting in my time and I can tell you all definitively that the level of debate and thoroughness demonstrated here on this thread regarding key points of TLJ are exponentially deeper and more thought out than the ego fueled spewing that Rian and his team called writing in the days spent birthing that trash heap script.

Well done people. Well done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve done a bit of force projecting in my time and I can tell you all definitively that the level of debate and thoroughness demonstrated here on this thread regarding key points of TLJ are exponentially deeper and more thought out than the ego fueled spewing that Rian and his team called writing in the days spent birthing that trash heap script.

LMAO ! :lol Nice !

I can agree with that.

Forget about Force Projection for a moment. How did Luke close himself off from the Force? He wasn't just "not listening". Rey said she couldn't even see him! Was he actually using the Force to block himself from the Force?

Forget about Force Projection for a moment. How did Luke close himself off from the Force? He wasn't just "not listening". Rey said she couldn't even see him! Was he actually using the Force to block himself from the Force?

Interesting question. Luke lived about 20 years without tapping into the Force before Obi-Wan started teaching him how to connect with it. Rey also had to have her lifelong Force connection "awakened" by the lightsaber and Maz Kanata. It seems to be something that can rather simply be "turned on," so maybe it can also simply be "turned off."

In past SW films, we've been shown that you have to "feel" the Force and let it "flow through you." Turning himself off from the Force could be just going back to not letting it flow through him anymore. Like going back to the way he was as a farmboy on Tatooine. That would be a bit poetic: a full return to being the farmboy (and not just by going back to drinking weird milk). ;)

The return to being a farm boy point was what I got out of his last scene, where we see Ahch-To as another two-sun planet, similar to Tattooine. He kind of ended up back where he started. Additionally, his daily routine isn’t quite unlike a farmer’s, milking included 😂

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:sleep:sleep

There’s also another depiction written about in the Expanded Universe that draws somewhat on the force principles of the OT.

All life creates the force and is connected to it. Even if those lifeforms can’t tap into and feel it for themselves they still give off force energy. Plants, animals, insects, planets, and sentient beings are all connected by it. That’s how many Jedi, or force sensitives, were able to feel all those souls lost when Alderaan was destroyed.

Now Luke couldn’t feel the force because he didn’t know about it but that doesn’t mean he didn’t use it to bullseye whomprats in his T-16 back home. It took Obi Wan to show him how to feel it and use it consistently and manipulate it for his own purposes. Yoda teaches Luke that you must feel the force between everything including the trees and the rocks which means they all give off energy.

Therefore everyone has their own unique force signature. If you have a connection with someone you can tap into their force frequency. Like Xavier does with Cerebro when he finds humans and mutants minds. That’s how Vader could find and contact Luke on the Falcon leaving Cloud City and that’s how Leia knew exactly where Luke was when he called out to her.

This has been the case until the introduction of the Ysalimiri in the Thraen Trilogy. They were tree dwelling creatures that had evolved to be able to push their force frequency away from themselves and ostensibly create a negative force bubble around them to hide from their natural predators the force sensitive vornskrs.

This ability was later discovered, during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, that Jedi could use it to hide themselves in the force by none other than Jason Solo. Han and Leia’s son. He was able to use this talent before any other Jedi and could even sneak up on Luke Skywalker, who was the most powerful Jedi at that time.

Later on more of the Jedi were able to tap into this ability. But only one was able to successfully project himself across space and time. I’m not sure about the distance but during the Legacy if the Force Era, in which Jason turns to the Dark Side and becomes Darth Caedus, Luke projects himself onto Jason’s ship and standing opposite Jason’s chair is able to use the force to slam him onto his desk and pin him there for several minutes while Luke lectures him about the death toll he is wreaking across the galaxy. Luke does not die and we don’t see him use this skill again but it sent a powerful message that Luke was still more powerful than his nephew because Jason didn’t even know he wasn’t there. Sound familiar?

Therefore everyone has their own unique force signature. If you have a connection with someone you can tap into their force frequency. Like Xavier does with Cerebro when he finds humans and mutants minds. That’s how Vader could find and contact Luke on the Falcon leaving Cloud City and that’s how Leia knew exactly where Luke was when he called out to her.

One of the problems with the idea that having a connection with another Force-sensitive being generates some kind of "Force frequency" between the two is that Vader didn't pick up anything from Leia (who he would clearly have a connection with) when interrogating her in ANH.

I think it's a cleaner explanation if Vader couldn't sense Leia's connection to him (or to the Force itself) because her full link with the Force hadn't been "switched on" yet. Otherwise, Vader comes off as too much of an oblivious fool; if not for failing to recognize Leia as his daughter, then at least for failing to detect her unusually-strong Force-sensitive nature. That's why I prefer to think of Force-users (like the Jedi) as having chosen to accept and sustain the Force as their ally. Like switching on that link, and keeping it going. That means that, theoretically, the connection can be switched off too - as Luke would have done in TLJ.

Being able to cut off from the Force would allow a Jedi to go "off the grid" and hide, if need be, from someone like Vader (who immediately sensed Obi-Wan on the Death Star - because Obi-Wan was still very much tapped into the Force, and had a signature that Vader recognized). This way, Vader not detecting Leia makes sense; his detecting Obi-Wan on the Death Star makes sense; Luke effectively keeping his whereabouts from Snoke and Kylo makes sense; and Rey not detecting Luke makes sense. The Force-sensitives like Luke and Leia could still be aided by the Force before linking themselves with it, but not symbiotically bound with it yet.

This concept would also provide an explanation for why Kenobi didn't introduce Luke to the Force much earlier during his upbringing on Tatooine: doing so would have put Luke "on the grid" and open the possibility of being noticed by Palpatine. And it still makes sense with Palpatine only becoming aware of Luke and his connection to Anakin after ANH (if we believe his conversation with Vader in ESB). I prefer explanations that make sense throughout the saga, and that don't come at the expense of certain things in the saga making less sense. The idea of Luke "cutting himself off from the Force" can work within the context of the whole saga, and even serve to help explain some logic gaps in the past.

There’s also another depiction written about in the Expanded Universe that draws somewhat on the force principles of the OT.

All life creates the force and is connected to it. Even if those lifeforms can’t tap into and feel it for themselves they still give off force energy. Plants, animals, insects, planets, and sentient beings are all connected by it. That’s how many Jedi, or force sensitives, were able to feel all those souls lost when Alderaan was destroyed.

Now Luke couldn’t feel the force because he didn’t know about it but that doesn’t mean he didn’t use it to bullseye whomprats in his T-16 back home. It took Obi Wan to show him how to feel it and use it consistently and manipulate it for his own purposes. Yoda teaches Luke that you must feel the force between everything including the trees and the rocks which means they all give off energy.

This has been the case until the introduction of the Ysalimiri in the Thraen Trilogy. They were tree dwelling creatures that had evolved to be able to push their force frequency away from themselves and ostensibly create a negative force bubble around them to hide from their natural predators the force sensitive vornskrs.

This ability was later discovered, during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, that Jedi could use it to hide themselves in the force by none other than Jason Solo. Han and Leia’s son. He was able to use this talent before any other Jedi and could even sneak up on Luke Skywalker, who was the most powerful Jedi at that time.

Later on more of the Jedi were able to tap into this ability. But only one was able to successfully project himself across space and time. I’m not sure about the distance but during the Legacy if the Force Era, in which Jason turns to the Dark Side and becomes Darth Caedus, Luke projects himself onto Jason’s ship and standing opposite Jason’s chair is able to use the force to slam him onto his desk and pin him there for several minutes while Luke lectures him about the death toll he is wreaking across the galaxy. Luke does not die and we don’t see him use this skill again but it sent a powerful message that Luke was still more powerful than his nephew because Jason didn’t even know he wasn’t there. Sound familiar?

It should be noted that the EU was never officially canon but a continuity fans followed, George Lucas never considered the EU books canon, and obviously it has been made clear that it's not part of the official continuity since the Disney acquisition. Therefore, any "rules" about the force that the many authors came up with are irrelevant to the canon.

Also, it's Jacen. Not Jason.

Citing the legends EU at this point to try to argue points about the movies is sort of the same as me citing my own fan fic. Lucasfilm does not consider it canon, so it has nothing to do with what they do with the movies/shows/comics/etc in the canon.

One day there will be new post to this thread that will contain new pictures of this figure... one day.

One day there will be new post to this thread that will contain new pictures of this figure... one day.

tumblr_p3hpvma9xB1sxnbdko1_500.gif

One of the problems with the idea that having a connection with another Force-sensitive being generates some kind of "Force frequency" between the two is that Vader didn't pick up anything from Leia (who he would clearly have a connection with) when interrogating her in ANH.

I think it's a cleaner explanation if Vader couldn't sense Leia's connection to him (or to the Force itself) because her full link with the Force hadn't been "switched on" yet. Otherwise, Vader comes off as too much of an oblivious fool; if not for failing to recognize Leia as his daughter, then at least for failing to detect her unusually-strong Force-sensitive nature. That's why I prefer to think of Force-users (like the Jedi) as having chosen to accept and sustain the Force as their ally. Like switching on that link, and keeping it going. That means that, theoretically, the connection can be switched off too - as Luke would have done in TLJ.

Being able to cut off from the Force would allow a Jedi to go "off the grid" and hide, if need be, from someone like Vader (who immediately sensed Obi-Wan on the Death Star - because Obi-Wan was still very much tapped into the Force, and had a signature that Vader recognized). This way, Vader not detecting Leia makes sense; his detecting Obi-Wan on the Death Star makes sense; Luke effectively keeping his whereabouts from Snoke and Kylo makes sense; and Rey not detecting Luke makes sense. The Force-sensitives like Luke and Leia could still be aided by the Force before linking themselves with it, but not symbiotically bound with it yet.

This concept would also provide an explanation for why Kenobi didn't introduce Luke to the Force much earlier during his upbringing on Tatooine: doing so would have put Luke "on the grid" and open the possibility of being noticed by Palpatine. And it still makes sense with Palpatine only becoming aware of Luke and his connection to Anakin after ANH (if we believe his conversation with Vader in ESB). I prefer explanations that make sense throughout the saga, and that don't come at the expense of certain things in the saga making less sense. The idea of Luke "cutting himself off from the Force" can work within the context of the whole saga, and even serve to help explain some logic gaps in the past.

I agree. And that’s my point. Leia wasn’t tapped into the force but Luke forced a connection with her through the force. That’s why Vader couldn’t detect Luke all those years but of course he wasn’t looking for a son he thought never existed. Likewise Leia wasn’t tapped into the force yet so Vader couldn’t detect her force signature and didn’t make the connection that she was his daughter because he didn’t even think about exploring that because he didn’t know his daughter had survived.

Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker (Force Projection) - CONFIRMED

It should be noted that the EU was never officially canon but a continuity fans followed, George Lucas never considered the EU books canon, and obviously it has been made clear that it's not part of the official continuity since the Disney acquisition. Therefore, any "rules" about the force that the many authors came up with are irrelevant to the canon.

Also, it's Jacen. Not Jason.

Citing the legends EU at this point to try to argue points about the movies is sort of the same as me citing my own fan fic. Lucasfilm does not consider it canon, so it has nothing to do with what they do with the movies/shows/comics/etc in the canon.

Yes. I agree it became non canon after Disney took over but it was once “a” canon many fans followed a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. Most of the Star Wars fan groups, 501st, Rebel Legion, Madalorian Mercs, all subscribed to the canon of the books, comics, and video games for decades. Costume approval depended on your character being in at least 3 of those different mediums. To dismiss all those great works as fan fiction is disingenuous. They are much better than anything Disney has put out.

Auto correct kept changing it on me.

I appreciate your input but it is still useful to site good work in that genre. To say that era never happened or didn’t have good ideas is denying the creation of Thrawn and his appearance in the Clone Wars. Or the Republic Commandos created in a novel who never appeared on screen until the Clone Wars. Or how about Darth Bane? Yoda spoke to him in the Clone Wars as well.

Shadows of the Empire
-Dash Rendar’s Outrider is seen in the special edition.

Knights of the old republic
-Easter egg alluding to Darth Revan in TLJ

The Art of Solo points out a reference to the Sith Lord Exar Kun.

I could go on but there are examples of how characters or plot lines were borrowed from the novels before and after Disney took over making them canon on the small and big screen.

Last edited:

Always thought Vader chased the millennium falcon in ESB because he falsely sensed Luke, when it was actually Leia he was sensing.

Back