1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker-CRAIT (Force Projection) -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker (Force Projection) - CONFIRM

That's really just speculation on your part. Just because a character is let down by a revelation that they weren't expecting doesn't mean that the setup itself was somehow betrayed.

There was no "betrayal" because there were no concrete "plans" in the first place. But JJ "set up" numerous avenues of exploration that were ignored. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, maybe it's only the hardcore fanpersons who need to know more about Snoke, or the Knights of Ren, or where Luke's saber came from.

And I don't even have that much of a problem with Rey being a nobody - though I *would* prefer it if she turned out to be an Anakin-style nobody, directly created by The Force, maybe even from the same maker! Or even a reincarnation?

Back on the Luke/Obi-Wan parallels, here's a little more insight on how Leia puts the fate of the galaxy in Luke's hands, like she did with Obi-Wan:

vHorBg4.jpg

eOyMnuL.jpg

There's another point: If Rey truly is a nobody, is it mere coincidence she grew up on the planet where the Empire met its fate? Or was there an "event" during the Battle of Jakku where she was conceived and/or gained her powers?

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker (Force Projection) - CONFIRM

Regarding the X-wing, I took it at face value it was wrecked. But since Luke kept stopping short of killing himself and the Jedi Order, I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd kept it functional just in case.

Plus there's this:

InsidiousLightGar.gif

Just to save space and not quote the comic grabs, I was surprised we didn't get more information on who San Tekka was. Is he fleshed out anywhere in comics or anything? It seemed like he was pretty close with Leia, and maybe even Luke. And it would seem that for him to have this important piece of info, he himself would have to have some level of importance doing . . . something. We're getting further into the weeds here :lol

Just to save space and not quote the comic grabs, I was surprised we didn't get more information on who San Tekka was. Is he fleshed out anywhere in comics or anything? It seemed like he was pretty close with Leia, and maybe even Luke. And it would seem that for him to have this important piece of info, he himself would have to have some level of importance doing . . . something. We're getting further into the weeds here :lol

This is the page about Lor San Tekka from the TFA Visual Dictionary.

LorSanTekka.jpg

And as far as this thread getting into the weeds now, I blame it on HT for not putting this figure up for pre-order yet. Or at least showing it at one of the shows. Then we'd have something figure-related to actually discuss instead. And I'm kinda freaking out that they're not going to go through with this figure, so the urgency for a definitive pre-order is ratcheted up fairly high for me.

Luke lays it out in no uncertain terms. He went there to die.

Who goes somewhere "to die" (other than - obviously - people with a terminal illness)? The guy's what - 60?:lol

Is Ahch-to for Jedis kinda like Florida is for Northeastern old people? What does that line mean to you exactly - "he went there to die"?

These are not random fan points - this is the core of what underpins what happens to Luke in TLJ.

Not the best quality screen grab, but this thing doesn't look too functional to me. No red markings . . . looks to me like it's crashed on some submerged rocks.

It's slightly obscured because of the rippling water over it, but red markings are visible (near cannons,) ship is level as if sitting on landing gear on a flat bottom with wings in landing mode, no visibly obvious hull/wing damage, hull appears intact and pretty white.

Now compare this to the artwork on the previous page - which shows a broken-off wing/cannon laying separately, a missing cannon, large holes and panels of the wings/hull missing, almost skeletal looking overall, cockpit canopy gone, and the nose literally crashed into a rocky shore.

You honestly can't see the difference? Bottom line is, nothing in that 2 second shot in the movie clearly says "crashed" or "derelict" like the artwork does.

l1TzB9u.jpg

Yes . . . because deleted scenes are really obscure and hard to come by these days. Not to mention that particular scene was all over the place after the dice became a point of focus.

Not sure what that even means.

To clearly restate my point, you said "if you scrutinize every movie to this level, do you ever really enjoy anything?" and "I like having to reflect and absorb, but this level of scrutiny just seems exhausting" - as if I was over-scrutinizing the movie.

Yet you retyped a bunch of obscure stuff dug out from making-of books, and have gone through deleted scenes in some detail trying to prove points. You don't understand the double standard?:dunno

Yes he does make an appearance in the Poe Dameron comic, both in flashbacks and scenes leading into TFA. I'm not sure we learn much more than what's in the visual dictionary excerpt above (though it *is* interesting to learn about the Church of The Force, yet another institution like the Guardians of the Whills).

Speaking of the Whills, are they even defined by the Disney-era LFL? Or is there still room for Lucas' original microbial vision?

Who goes somewhere "to die" (other than - obviously - people with a terminal illness)? The guy's what - 60?:lol

Is Ahch-to for Jedis kinda like Florida is for Northeastern old people? What does that line mean to you exactly - "he went there to die"?

These are not random fan points - this is the core of what underpins what happens to Luke in TLJ.

It's slightly obscured because of the rippling water over it, but red markings are visible (near cannons,) ship is level as if sitting on landing gear on a flat bottom with wings in landing mode, no visibly obvious hull/wing damage, hull appears intact and pretty white.

Now compare this to the artwork on the previous page - which shows a broken-off wing/cannon laying separately, a missing cannon, large holes and panels of the wings/hull missing, almost skeletal looking overall, cockpit canopy gone, and the nose literally crashed into a rocky shore.

You honestly can't see the difference? Bottom line is, nothing in that 2 second shot in the movie clearly says "crashed" or "derelict" like the artwork does.

l1TzB9u.jpg

Not sure what that even means.

To clearly restate my point, you said "if you scrutinize every movie to this level, do you ever really enjoy anything?" and "I like having to reflect and absorb, but this level of scrutiny just seems exhausting" - as if I was over-scrutinizing the movie.

Yet you retyped a bunch of obscure stuff dug out from making-of books, and have gone through deleted scenes in some detail trying to prove points. You don't understand the double standard?:dunno

Copied and pasted from the first two Google results, actually. Far from obscure, but rather further detailing info that we already have. And if going through deleted scenes in some detail is watching them once when they’re included on the Blu-Ray ... yes, I did.

Everything I’ve pointed out is on screen, minus any weight earned by the dice as I stated.

Luke’s dialog is literally “I came to this island to die. It’s time for the Jedi to end.” You can’t get more transparent than that. The X-Wing condition in concert with that is pretty much just further visual information to solidify his statement, and give you that sense before he hits you over the head with it. Saying that he might have different intentions prior to his interactions with Rey and Yoda seems contrary just to be contrary.

I dunno. For the most part everything in this movie is pretty clear for me. Maybe after you watch it again with your friend you’ll feel differently.

Last edited:

Copied and pasted from the first two Google results, actually. Far from obscure, but rather further detailing info that we already have. And if going through deleted scenes in some detail is watching them once when they’re included on the Blu-Ray ... yes, I did.

Everything I’ve pointed out is on screen.

Luke’s dialog is literally “I came to this island to die. It’s time for the Jedi to end.” You can’t get more transparent than that. The X-Wing condition in concert with that is pretty much just further visual information to solidify his statement, and give you that sense before he hits you over the head with it. Saying that he might have different intentions prior to his interactions with Rey and Yoda seems contrary just to be contrary.

I dunno. For the most part everything in this movie is pretty clear for me. Maybe after you watch it again with your friend you’ll feel differently.

Okay, to sidestep the sidesteps, here are the points clarified and finalized to end this:

1. Anyone who repeatedly types up long, multiple posts (with research) about minute details of story shouldn't call others out regarding "exhausting" "level of scrutiny."

2. Nothing clearly conveys "crashed" or "destroyed" about how the x-wing appears in the movie, yet in the artwork it is 100% clear that its crashed and derelict. Why they chose not to make it 100% clear - as it is in the artwork - is not known.

Is there anything you'd like to dispute in points 1 or 2?:dunno

Okay, to sidestep the sidesteps, here are the points clarified and finalized to end this:

1. Anyone who repeatedly types up long, multiple posts (with research) about minute details of story shouldn't call others out regarding "exhausting" "level of scrutiny."

2. Nothing clearly conveys "crashed" or "destroyed" about how the x-wing appears in the movie, yet in the artwork it is 100% clear that its crashed and derelict. Why they chose not to make it 100% clear - as it is in the artwork - is not known.

Is there anything you'd like to dispute in points 1 or 2?:dunno

1. Anyone who repeatedly types up long, multiple posts demonstrating lack of either understanding or recollection of key, clear plot points, shouldn’t call others out for actually having evidence to support their information.

Finalized and ended. Have a good night.

Yes he does make an appearance in the Poe Dameron comic, both in flashbacks and scenes leading into TFA. I'm not sure we learn much more than what's in the visual dictionary excerpt above (though it *is* interesting to learn about the Church of The Force, yet another institution like the Guardians of the Whills).

Speaking of the Whills, are they even defined by the Disney-era LFL? Or is there still room for Lucas' original microbial vision?

Interesting. I thought it was odd that they got someone like Max Von Sydow and then only used him for such a small part. I figured we’d see him again or at least get some more info on his character.

As far as the Whills, from Lucas’ interviews I’ve read, that idea was totally scrapped. But I don’t think it’s been acknowledged in the current canon, so I suppose they could always put it in.

As far as the Whills, from Lucas’ interviews I’ve read, that idea was totally scrapped. But I don’t think it’s been acknowledged in the current canon, so I suppose they could always put it in.

Be good find out his original intent one day, even if it doesn't become canon. Maybe they could publish his unused story treatment and/or do a comic adaptation (like Dark Horse did with The Star Wars).

The more I think about Lucas' Whills concept, the more it reminds me of Star Trek: Discovery's spore drive technology: "At the quantum level, there is no difference between biology and physics."

(But Trek is SF and Wars is space opera.)

1. Anyone who repeatedly types up long, multiple posts demonstrating lack of either understanding or recollection of key, clear plot points, shouldn’t call others out for actually having evidence to support their information.

Finalized and ended. Have a good night.

As you sidestepped it, I assume we are in 100% agreement on point 2 - the x-wing?

The um... actual topic of our discussion before Mr. Scrutiny got so very exhausted.:lol

Eh, that's not really all that funny though. Like in the movie.:dunno

Maybe let's try a TLJ-themed quiz instead. I'll post a set of pics then pose the question as to how it relates to TLJ.

Would that lighten the mood? Well, here's the first one:

Us2NYVe.jpg

Eh, that's not really all that funny though. Like in the movie.:dunno

Yep. Even as a firm supporter of the movie, this is the perfect example of what felt totally wrong with TLJ. If humor had been more subtle, a lot of the criticism would be far less brutal.
For instance, if i had to blame Ryan Johnson for anything in TLJ, it would be for his inaptitude to handle humor, and more precisely, adapt it to each character. Too many times in this movie, he crossed the line between Space Opera comedy and Space Opera parody.

So in other words, the long awaited sequel to Spaceballs?

BWAAHAAHAAHAA

I'll admit most of the humor fell flat for me, including the Poe-Hux opening sequence and anything involving Porgs.

But I still like the above gag.

Back