Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it just dawned on me why the response in this thread is overwhelmingly positive towards the realistic approach taken. It would certainly appear that Hot Toys took the right approach based on the evidence of this discussion.

Would it be safe to assume that the majority of people posting are not particularly big "Clone Wars" (the cartoon) fans?

Every Clone Wars cartoon fan that I know were really disappointed by the direction taken, but hardly anyone posting here is.

Would it be fair to say that there are more "live action" star wars fans here who just like the characters or character designs from clone wars and just want to see them in a live action style?
I love at least half the series and the siege of Mandalore arc in particular and I still can?t understand wanting or expecting the animated style. As a fan of the show I’m way more interested in seeing these characters translated to live action, just like they have been for the past 10+ years.

I think it just dawned on me why the response in this thread is overwhelmingly positive towards the realistic approach taken. It would certainly appear that Hot Toys took the right approach based on the evidence of this discussion.

Would it be safe to assume that the majority of people posting are not particularly big "Clone Wars" (the cartoon) fans?

Every Clone Wars cartoon fan that I know were really disappointed by the direction taken, but hardly anyone posting here is.

Would it be fair to say that there are more "live action" star wars fans here who just like the characters or character designs from clone wars and just want to see them in a live action style?

Not at all. I'm a huge CW fan but didn't want the figures to be in an animated style. When I watch CW I visualise it in live action as it happens between episode 2 and 3. Furthermore, any figures from this line would fit in nicely with existing prequel figures. IMO, shelf presence would be broken if having to display prequel figures then animated ones for CW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clone Wars is my favourite piece of Star Wars media. Still don?t care that they are going realistic, he?ll go well with Cody, Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Maybe they?d do an animated version as a con exclusive or something. Although I doubt it.

Well, fair enough, was just a theory! Looking for a reason to something I just do not understand.

Guess I will also remain in the minority in feeling that this was a total missed opportunity, but for the record, I'm glad that the majority seem to be happy with the way it turned out.

Hopefully there will be some accurate 1/6 Clone Wars statues or figures somewhere down the line for those who have always wanted representations from the actual show rather than "what if" figures.

They remain criminally lacking from many a Star Wars fans collection.

I'll leave you to it! :wave

Wonder if Ashoka will look like a realistic version of the actress that will play her. Name escapes me right now. If so then she will look like how she did in the movie kids lol

Well, fair enough, was just a theory! Looking for a reason to something I just do not understand.

Guess I will also remain in the minority in feeling that this was a total missed opportunity, but for the record, I'm glad that the majority seem to be happy with the way it turned out.

Hopefully there will be some accurate 1/6 Clone Wars statues or figures somewhere down the line for those who have always wanted representations from the actual show rather than "what if" figures.

For my collection, 1/6 scale is reserved only for 'live action' looks of characters so if they had been like the spiderverse characters then they just wouldn't fit in. I love the clone wars cartoon but like others have mentioned, in my head canon it all takes place in a live action universe but these tales are told using the cartoon medium. Six inch figure representation of the cartoon characters (or statues) would be perfect but weirdly I wouldn't want these idealized live action versions in six inch action figure form only true cartoon expressions of them (which is all we get from black series at the moment).

It's a bit like the character Dash Rendar - I loved the N64 game growing up and all of the Shadows of the Empire tie in media. I am aiming to build a 1/6 scale live action version of the character based on the available artwork to fit in with my OT 1/6 scale figure collection but I don't want a true N64 pixel version of him haha. I know it's an extreme version of your analogy but it's the same logic (OCD lol).

I would 100% prefer an animated version of rex, but it has nothing to do with the sculpt. I just prefer the sleeker armour design of the clones in the animated series and I really enjoy the series so I would of preferred something more accurate to the show.

However I do not currently own any previous hot toys star wars figures, if I did own other star wars figures like the hot toys Anakin or Cody I think I would prefer realistic versions to display them together.

also considering the clones didn't actual feature that much in the clone wars show including rex compared to the characters like Anakin & Ahsoka I can understand people being okay with a realistic version.

I'm not disappointed though because I never really though we would get an animated figure that would require a lot of new sculpts & designs for the armour (I know how much hot toys like to reuse parts), going with the realistic approach all they have to do is repaint and slightly tweak the Cody figure.

If more clones are coming down the line though like Wolffe and Fox I'm still interested regardless of the more realistic approach.

I would argue that clones were by far the most prominent and dominant aspect of the clone wars show, featuring in the majority of storylines, when not the centre of the story, as they often were, they were then supporting characters in the other stories.

Probably the most successful aspect of the programme was how much emphasis they put on fleshing them out.

I would argue that clones were by far the most prominent aspect of the clone wars show, featuring in the majority of storylines. Probably the most successful aspect of the programme was how much emphasis they put on fleshing them out.

I'm recently rewatching the clone wars series, the clones are the reason why I really enjoy the show... however there are very few straight up clone arcs, many arcs and episodes barely even feature clones if at all, i'm pretty sure the character name Fox isn't mentioned in the show itself but the merchandise for it, and when the clones are in a story lines they are greatly overshadowed by characters like Ahsoka and Anakin. For a show I watch solely for the clones there aren't too many big clone moments. pretty sure the only clones to get more screen time than jar jar is Rex and Fives.

I could be entirely wrong, and i'm being overly negative not trying to argue the clone wars isn't a great show because it is, more trying to express that I wish clones where featured more prominently.

more related to figures, not sure if it will be covered in the clone wars license but I would love to see the arc troopers from the original clone wars series because they where badass

And there are episodes and arcs that feature only clones... :dunno

I don't know how any one could says clones hardly feature and get less time than Jar Jar. Honestly it sounds to me like you've hardly seen any of the series.

And there are episodes and arcs that feature only clones... :dunno

I don't know how any one could says clones hardly feature and get less time than Jar Jar. Honestly it sounds to me like you've hardly seen any of the series.

yeah but those episodes and arcs make up such a small amount of the show.

sure if you count all the clones together as one they get more screen time than jar jar, but if you count them as individuals there are probably only 2-3 clones that get more screen time than jar jar… or atleast that's how it feels when watching the show start to finish.

there are some great clone moments in the show without a doubt but can you honestly say there is enough clone moments?

for me personally I feel like there isn't nearly enough time spent on the clones and too much time spent on characters like padme, jar jar and Ahsoka.

but to each their own, we all like what we like and there is nothing wrong with that.

Ps. I'm on season 6 episode 11 of rewatching the show start to finish to familiarize myself with the show before I watch the final season since it's been awhile since I last watched the show properly.

Come on, even deformed clones like 99 got fleshed out in greater depth than any of the PT characters. Either you slept through the series, twice, or you're trolling here. I just can't fathom this is serious.

Rex is in like half of the shows episodes.

yeh he probably is in around half the episodes but that doesn't mean he is in half the show. most of the episodes he get's a small amount of screen time to admire or praise Anakin & Ahsoka actions. Sure he does have some badass standout moments, as do other clones. but though don't get nearly enough screen time compared to everyone else.

I could be wrong factually but that's just how I perceive the show when re-watching it, especially considering I don't really enjoy the non clone related arcs which seem to last forever.

should note I'm not really a big star wars fan I just have a soft spot for Clones & Kenobi being a prequels kid

Umbara arc was one of the best of the entire series and it belonged to the clones. Although I disagree with the cop out that Krell was a separatist. It was way more powerful that he just hated clones enough to sabotage his own side in a vendetta to kill them, and gave the clones more agency and depth to not blindly follow bad orders. By making Krell a traitor it robbed the clones of having to a make decision that goes against everything they believe (chain of command) that could have seen them all executed for treason themselves.

Come on, even deformed clones like 99 got fleshed out in greater depth than any of the PT characters. Either you slept through the series, twice, or you're trolling here. I just can't fathom this is serious.

99 got fleshed out in like 2 episodes. don't get me wrong they did an amazing job with 99, the show does a great job fleshing out clones in such a sort amount of time... but it really is a short amount of time, and you can't really get depth from characters like jar jar anyway. clones are in much of the episodes but they only really stand out due to how cool and unique the armour because they normally hold a minor secondary role within an episode only being there to show impressive the jedis or sith are.

there are some great clone centric arcs, truly the highlight of the show but the clones still hold a purely secondary role to the rest of the PT or OT characters, with jar jar getting a couple of arcs, I mean jar jar!

it's not that I slept through the clones in the series, it's just painful watching three episodes back to back with r2d2 and a tiny genral and a single clone (gregor) getting like 5 minutes screen time.

Umbara arc was one of the best of the entire series and it belonged to the clones. Although I disagree with the cop out that Krell was a separatist. It was way more powerful that he just hated clones enough to sabotage his own side in a vendetta to kill them, and gave the clones more agency and depth to not blindly follow bad orders. By making Krell a traitor it robbed the clones of having to a make decision that goes against everything they believe (chain of command) that could have seen them all executed for treason themselves.

I agree that's one of my absolute favourite arcs in the show, fives was key standout in the arc too, one of the best troopers, but there aren't that many clone arcs in the show, there are a couple umbara included. however with the show spanning many seasons each season having multiple arcs not many of them are actually clone arcs, and I wish there was more clone arcs personally because they are the reason I like the show other than Kenobi.

Why does his helmet appear to be welded together? Did I miss something in one of the CW episodes??

Back