Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....and the animated characters only mixed with animated characters? I don't follow the logic of that argument at all.

Rex has never appeared in a live action film or programme. Never appeared alongside movie Anakin or Cody, so surely a realistic Rex with film characters is more anachronistic?

Price is a bit steep at $255. I'm gonna hold off on a PO. Cody is $243 and comes with about the same amount of accessories including light up holograms. They should be priced the same. I for sure thought he would be a day one PO for me. But I talk myself out of almost everything now a days. Think i'm getting bored of this stuff. Every day I think of getting rid of most of my stuff, but then talk myself out of it (or at least my son does).

He's a year out at minimum after all....

Procrastinating yet again..:lol I like to play the long game. Seeing how long I can hold out until he goes wait listed and then get mad at myself..:slap

Respectfully, I don't blame people for asking for the "going rate" - i just can't see anyone paying over $1000 USD for a $150 figure. That's insane....People can ask for whatever price they want, it's just a matter of who the heck will pay that....certainly not me.

Unfortunately, Ebay sellers list these figures far higher than what they are worth hoping someone will snag it. The going rate then by people on forums like Sideshowfreaks and Rebelscum escalate as a consequence of this.

I bought a brand new MIB 442nd Sideshow Clone Trooper from someone on a forum a month ago for $160 Canadian dollars shipped to me. No haggling what so ever. This was the asking price. I would have paid more if he asked for it. A great deal. At least this individual has some sense on what to charge for a figure that is not worth $400USD according to Ebay....

Yes the going rate usually isn't what some people have listed on "buy it now". Usually you can look at what the items have sold for at auction over the past few months and that will give you a decent idea of the true going rate. The phase 2 Sideshow Rex appears to have sold for around $400 on the low end and up to $1000 on the high end, so it was going for a pretty high price.

Price is a bit steep at $255. I'm gonna hold off on a PO. Cody is $243 and comes with about the same amount of accessories including light up holograms. They should be priced the same. I for sure thought he would be a day one PO for me. But I talk myself out of almost everything now a days. Think i'm getting bored of this stuff. Every day I think of getting rid of most of my stuff, but then talk myself out of it (or at least my son does).

He's a year out at minimum after all....

Procrastinating yet again..:lol I like to play the long game. Seeing how long I can hold out until he goes wait listed and then get mad at myself..:slap

I have become bored with HT now. I’m waiting for that “Main Event” piece but honestly I don’t think there is anything “Main Event” anymore to warrant my money.

Showing sold out already. Also, has a note one per customer.

wow pre sold out after being up for a few hours.

Obviously still will be able to get him at other retailers and Sideshow themselves but that is still pretty damn quick.

Jeez sold out at BBTS at $255 :horror

BBTS sells out of most of the popular characters made by HT pretty quickly now. I think I remember reading a while ago that SS has cut down the quantity they make available to other retailers. Makes sense as they make more money selling it through their own site than selling to 3rd party re-sellers.

So any of these sites that sell out really isn't that much of a gauge as to how popular it is. Plus the fact that BBTS usually gets more stock than they PO as they tend to be in stock again after the figures release.

I think this is the main point. Hot Toys should not have advertised these using the Clone Wars logo. That is very misleading.

Now they will suffer the wrath of the animated Clone Wars crowd with every new release. I did see (I think it was in the 40yr Anniversary Vader) FB comments section, someone posted an animated Ahsoka picture saying they wanted that. It got over 100 likes. That is pretty rare and shows the support for Ahsoka and the Clone Wars.

No doubt there is another animated forum somewhere where they are all bitching about the real life figure release.

Oh well, I'm still happy it is live action. I still think there is a chance they are working on animated versions of some characters though as a seperate thing. Seems there is a need and Hot Toys goes with need, because need = $$$.

You can check the Hot Toys reddit and see how happy they are about realistic. The few people complaining about not being animated are being downvoted. I’d argue reddit is far bigger PT/TCW lovers than the people here too. Seems like HT made a good choice going realistic.

Ordered. I just broke my rule of collecting OT characters only.

I sold all my Sideshow clones off a few years ago, always regretted it. Rex is my absolute favorite.

I also ordered Cody today. Slippery slope this is....

In the same boat, and I'm teetering at the edge of that slope too...

By the time you add shipping and tax, it's over $300 in the US.

Sure - I assumed the OP was talking about the list price. Otherwise it gets complicated if you try to compare all the various pricing options like if you order from places that don't charge tax or if you include points, etc.

These clone troopers are a gold mine for HT. Wonder why it took them so long to start making them?

It is what killed sideshow 1:6. It?s was all clones after a while and got terribly boring. Hopefully ht doesn?t go overboard right away. I am excited for this and I am glad it is realistic. I would not have bought if it was animated. That said, I bet ht does an animated line too. They will never leave cash on the table. They love to make people buy the same figure again and again.

Pretty bizarre to me that anyone expected these figures to be animated style.

And yeah I think I prefer the old Sideshow version.

I don’t think anyone would have were it not for the recent animated Spiderverse figures. They opened up the possibility of animated styled figures.

It is what killed sideshow 1:6. It?s was all clones after a while and got terribly boring. Hopefully ht doesn?t go overboard right away. I am excited for this and I am glad it is realistic. I would not have bought if it was animated. That said, I bet ht does an animated line too. They will never leave cash on the table. They love to make people buy the same figure again and again.

It really depends on what's a hit with the Chinese market. Iron Man was a big hit in China so they kept making him. Star Wars might not be as popular. Iron Man 3 made 6 times what TROS did in China. :lol

Although, all those Stromie variants give me hope. :pray:

It really depends on what's a hit with the Chinese market. Iron Man was a big hit in China so they kept making him. Star Wars might not be as popular. Iron Man 3 made 6 times what TROS did in China. :lol

Although, all those Stromie variants give me hope. :pray:

I don't think that's entirely true - Star Wars is woefully unpopular in China, and most of Asia. It's huge in Japan, and I think South Korea, but not a lot of other places. Marvel/DC have a much bigger following in China than Star Wars.

How would you compare this vs SSC. Am thinking they look pretty close at first glance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

....and the animated characters only mixed with animated characters? I don't follow the logic of that argument at all.

Rex has never appeared in a live action film or programme. Never appeared alongside movie Anakin or Cody, so surely a realistic Rex with film characters is more anachronistic?

No one really cares about it being anachronistic, TCW canon so we know that the character of Rex appeared along side the characters of Anakin and Cody, of which there's already figures made or being made that people have on order in the realistic fashion. If there was a book character (Thrawn for instance) should there be a figure made of it? Or no because they never actually appeared on screen?

TCW is animated but that's just the medium, they're based on the movie characters and we've got literally 100 figures released or being released with realistic aesthetics.

Back